PDA

View Full Version : Spring ride - Denver area

ells
03-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Weather's look'n good. Waterman and I talked about meeting near Hudson for a NE plains ride this Sunday, first full day of spring. Any one interested chime in.

AGR, would have considered south but suspect that you're tied up.

waterman
03-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Ells, I am interested but I have to get the bike back together and tested. Hopefully it won't be still leaking.

dantama
03-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Ells, I'll have to make a last minute decision. I'm making an offer on a new place in North Cherry Creek today and putting a lot of our stuff in storage to get ours ready to list this weekend.

I'll just have to see how far I get. I'm renting a truck this Saturday and a storage unit, so Sunday will just depend on if I get done or not.

Thanks for the heads up here.

My wife flies to Europe on Friday, not sure what time, but it's supposed to be 72 and sunny...if it works with getting her to the airport do you have a long lunch on Fri? That might be dreaming with all that I've got going, but don't hurt to through it out there :)

ells
03-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Joel, Now you have added incentive to get it back together. Let us know.

Dan, Tomorrow noontime could work. How about Wondervu or Golden Gate State Park, maybe up one and down the other? Pick meeting point (intersection with 93)/time(after 11:45) and I'll be there or call your cell before 11A.

How about it new guys, would Sunday work for ya? --- Perryco, Toykobilly or others, Mtn 1600 are you still around? Routes optional. Meeting in Hudson gets us towards Waterman's homebase.

audiogooroo
03-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Weather's look'n good. Waterman and I talked about meeting near Hudson for a NE plains ride this Sunday, first full day of spring. Any one interested chime in.

AGR, would have considered south but suspect that you're tied up.
Yeah, you know me too well....Sunday is a work day.
Have a great time guys, and shoot a few pics for your ride report. http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif

waterman
03-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Ells,

Have it back together. Didn't leak when it was idling for 5 minutes. I am planning on taking it out for a ride tomorrow and do a good check on it.

dantama
03-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Ells, in case you hit here and don't check your voice mail...I need to take my wife to the airport for her flight that leaves at 11 something.

It's going to be great weather, but I wouldn't be able to go till mid afternoon :(

mushinspace
03-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Sunday would be fun and nice to finally meet some of you guys, but I'm already RSVPd to head down to Colorado Springs with the Colorado Harley Riders meetup.com group (picnic!) ... So far, interesting group, and we've had some pretty good sized groups ... only about 85% Harleys and they don't snicker too much at me. :)

Baring that, it would be cool to meet some of you, if you do go out tomorrow for a lunch ride. We're having a management induced crisis at work (again) today, so I'm not sure what my day will hold, but I can break free, can your local non-Nomad rider tag along? I promise not to get close enough that people actually think you acknowledge my existence. http://s2.images.proboards.com/tongue.gif

--Sam

mushinspace
03-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Oh, I just realized it might be polite to post info about the Sunday ride, in case anyone else was interested ...

http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Harley-Davidson-Riders/calendar/9959138/

--Sam

ells
03-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi Sam, thanks for responding. Not too formal here, our rides have just been rather impromptu whoever chimes in here that they are interested and goes from there, sometimes just 2 or three folks but would be good to see more, and probably could use some help in organization if we do get a bigger group.

As for this Sunday, Waterman suggested meeting at a truck stop near Hudson but I don't have any more details.

Looks like noon today won't work, at least as envisioned since Dan and my schedules, and now yours, don't match up.

Would be glad to make some future plans for a local get together. Love to see a nice bunch of Nomads rolling down the road. :)

mushinspace
03-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Looks like noon today won't work, at least as envisioned since Dan and my schedules, and now yours, don't match up.

Yeah, I'm definately not making it ... got a conf call request 24 minutes before 10:00am and I'm still on it. (of course)

The joy of spending hours on end on the phone, listening to a bunch of people trying to "prove" someone else caused the problem.

ells
03-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Waterman, Which truck stop and when? I'll be there. Maybe Dan will get inspired and join us. Anyone else is welcome, just check here for Waterman or me to give the details.

waterman
03-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Ells, got the bike back together and no leaks after 20 miles. Just needs a good bath.

The Truck stop is Love's on the north side of the interstate. If you are coming from Ft. Lupton, you will hit the truck stop on your left side before you hit the interstate.

What time works for you? It's not quite 2 hours for me with one gas stop on the way (cheaper in Ft. Morgan than here).

Dan, get your crap done!!!

dantama
03-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Got a rental truck lined up in the morning and a couple of guys to help me with the big stuff, so I won't make it. Sounds like a great time though, wish it was another week.

All this work and I'm not even moving! I'm just trying to make the place look bigger by emptying a lot of stuff.

ells
03-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Its only a little over an hour to Hudson for me, Around noon or earlier would work. Then again we could meet way earlier and head down to Denver and show Dan how to move furniture, on second thought, noon works pretty good . :)

Will be going very close to perryco's house to get to Hudson... hello, anybody home?

waterman
03-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Ells,

I have moved too many people in my life. Dan, your on your own. ;) Noon or a little earlier. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

perryco
03-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Ells,
My apologies on not replying earlier. Sundays are not as good as Saturdays for me, and with younger kids, it takes some planning to get out. But you are going right by my pad, I'm bummed I can't make this one. I will keep my eye on this part of the forum and plan for the next one. Thanks and have a great ride!!

ells
03-21-2009, 08:20 AM
I'll post the meeting time here when I hear from Waterman, just in case anyone else can make it.

Mike, Understood, juggling kids and the bike can be challenging, no kids myself so is easier, but I've heard stories...

waterman
03-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Ok, just talked with Ells. We are meeting at noon tomorrow at Love's Truck Stop at Hudson.

waterman
03-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Ells and Dan,

Just made it home about 10 minutes ago. Figured it to be about 280 miles for the day. Nice weather and good company. What more could you ask for.

Next time, your neck of the woods.

ells
03-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Was a great ride, I ended up with real close to 280 mi too, not bad considering i stared out 120 mi from Waterman. Really enjoy cruising the High Plains, time to contemplate their history and majesty along with the beautiful horizon to horizon sky. No traffic for distraction and chance to see some of it as it was first viewed by European stock two hundred years ago. Waterman showed me a bridge out there that includes jail cell built into it and was used to house the prison labor used to build it because it was too far away for anywhere to hall the lucky chaps back and forth. Then, I finally made it to Last Chance, Colorado. The place always seems to catch your eye when looking at a map of eastern Colorado and I've heard various references to it over the years. Sort of looked like Last Chance's last chance was about 50 years ago.

Here is the crew, minus me, ready to ride

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc326/egdutton/addressed/DCP_2874-1.jpg

Dan left, Joel (Waterman) right

One entrance to the prisoner's cell.
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc326/egdutton/addressed/DCP_2875.jpg

dantama
03-22-2009, 09:23 PM
I left too early to see the good part :(
I love to see historical stuff.

I bailed out half way through to go back home and do domestic duties. Joel did take me through the twisties though :) I turned south at Bennett and went about 10 miles on a gravel road and then went home on Quincy.

My place is being listed on the MLS in the morning and you wouldn't believe what I ended a ride early to go do...
Wash windows, do laundry, buy some fresh fruit and flowers, and new towels. My wife will come back from her trip and think I'm a lesbian!

BTW, I caught one Nomad at my gas stop a few minutes from our meetup and told him about Kawanow, then Ell's or Joel caught another Nomad owner at the meetup and told him about it. We were on a crusade! :)

waterman
03-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Dan,

Forgot to mention that. Heck, the second one was from Imperial, NE and we knew quite a few people.

Nice day for a ride and looks like a crappy day tomorrow. Storm is supposed to give us up to 6 inches of snow with winds of 55 mph. At least we got the ride in today.

Dan, it was nice meeting you. Maybe next time we can take a longer ride.

audiogooroo
03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Good on ya guys! Wish I could have joined you.
I got off about 2:00, so I did ride for a bit in the foothills west of the Springs. What a day! Especially for March!
And Dan, it sounds like you'll make someone a great wife someday! ;)

waterman
03-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Good thing we got out last weekend. By the way things look for tomorrow thru next week it won't be much fun. Hunker down everyone in the eastern plains of Colorado.

ells
03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Bike is covered, snow blower is ready. Was a great 280 miles in 75 degree weather.