PDA

View Full Version : Member Intro

nightflight1
06-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Just saw the site info on Texas VROC so thought I would join this one too.

I am Wayne and use Night Flight as my forum name. My ride is a 2005 1600 Nomad. I live in the Rio Grande Valley and look forward to meeting some of the members in the future.
Wayne
Night Flight

jd
06-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Jim Dozier here; live on the east side of Houston in Channelview, and go by JD. Don't have a Nomad, but my brother just bought one, and since he's not a web junkie, I figured I'd keep an eye on it for him. Besides, ideas for the Nomad just might be able to be adapted to the bikes I do have; ya never know when you might come across some good stuff!

trip
06-17-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm Robert 'Trip' Hilliard. I live in Lindale, Texas which is on the Northeast side of Texas.

I ride a 2005, black and silver Nomad nicknamed "Ruby Earl".

I'm the creator and moderator of this forum. And, I created the KawaNOW website for the purpose of giving all Nomad owners worldwide a plateform to gain more knowledge into their bikes.

If you are new here and would like to know the answer to any question, chances are one of these guys or gals will know or can guide you to someone who does. No question is too dumb or too small to ask and we don't flame here, so feel free to visit regularly and discuss anything on your mind concerning Nomads.

Trip

rzuni
06-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Rocky here. I recently purchased a 2007 nomad in mid-april and have almost 6000 miles on it. I usually ride two up with my wife in and around san antonio, texas. I settled on the nomad after reading Trips website.

bluetongue
06-18-2007, 05:42 AM
My handle is Bluetongue, I get this from being a amateur reptile keeper( herpetologist). I live in the small town of Splendora which is north of Houston. I ride an 05 Nomad.

trip
06-18-2007, 06:15 AM
I always wondered where you got that handle bluetongue. I was going to ask about it on the next MCH.

coon
06-18-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm John Cunningham ( coon) derived the name from home town high school mascot. Frisco Fighting Coons. I presently own a 2004 1600 Classic but since I live near Trip in east Texas and know most of the Texas boys I thought I'd hang around in the background.

duck
06-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Duck here aka Jim, I just retired from 35 years of owning a insurance business and ride a 1999 Green/Green (now customn paint) Nomad and a 2005 SOB (Silver On Black) Nomad. Glad to see a forum devoted to us Nomaders. Hope you all dont mind a Northerner in here, I am just 12 miles south of Wisconsin but do enjoy riding Hill Country when I can

tconnell
06-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Hey Robert and congrats on the new site and board. It's nice and much needed. How are the Texas rides going this summer?

I've talked to you a couple of times via your older site. You and I had the same original problems with the light bar and the bulbs. If someone needs a few of the older bulbs that burn out, I have 4-5 new ones on the plastic, el cheapo.

My bike is just a few days over 10 months old and the odo sits now at a tad under 16,400 so I have taken advantage of the great ride of the Nomad and with just about being retired, all the new free time. Lots of trips, and still am loving getting back into riding after being gone for so many years.

As for an intro, I'm on a 2006 Nomad 1600, black with lots of mods and extras, trunk, GPS etc. My name is Tommy Connell, out of Valdosta, GA - 69 years old, an almost retired professional photographer of over 40 years, private pilot, and once again rider. Married 47+ years to the same lady, 4 children, 4 grandchildren and 6 dogs. Just been back riding for a little over 10 months after a hiatus of 22+ years.

Back then rode BMW's, last one was a little R-65, and a couple of Gold Wings. First wing was a 75' with a Windjammer fairing and Calafia Fats hard bags and trunk. That one went to from Georgia to California and to Nova Scotia in one year. Terrible suspension back then as that was the first year. The only saving grace on those trips was a custom made EzBerg seat. Also had an 82'. I raced enduros and motocross way back when on Husky's and an IT-175 Yamaha. The IT had the suspension in it's day.

Bought and restored a Piper PA-16 airplane in 1985 and that was the end of riding for some years. Anyone that has restored an old airplane will understand.

I had absolutely no thoughts of getting back on a bike, but... Oldest son in Athens, GA got a deal on a used 2004 Nomad with 1,400 miles on it. I saw it on a Sunday and thought to myself, I can still do that... Got home on Monday, ordered mine on the following Thursday and rode it off the lot Saturday morning 10-5-06. What a ride.

Be Safe - Tommy

vaughn
06-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Hi all, I'm Vaughn from south Georgia. I ride a 1999 G&G Nomad. I'm known as Skeeze on most forums. Latest thing is I hooked up an XM radio. Still trying to get everything hid but it is nice to be able to listen to music or news while cruising.

trip
06-19-2007, 09:18 AM
vaughn,
Get with me and let's document what you did with the XM on kawanow.org. I've been looking at possibly hooking up XM on Ruby Earl.

Trip

trip
06-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Good intro tconnell.
Tommy and I have communicated many times via my personal website.

Glad to have ya Tommy. How's everything going with your light bar? Bluetongue has the same light arrangment and has made it work also, with a switchout of bulbs.

I decided to install a couple of bullet lights from Kuryakyn. They are working well so far.

Trip

tconnell
06-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Groundhog and Trip

Yeah I get long winded late at night, i.e. the long intro. But... you and Trip live in the great state of Texas and I miss it sometimes, having flown over a good deal of it out of Harlingen AFB back in '59 and 60' while training there and also ridden through a large part of it on I-40 years later with a doctor friend of mine on our California trip. And having thoughts of making one last long trip again to California before my time is up.

Trip, we're doing well here. Seem to keep finding things to add to the Nomad. I changed out a single windshield bag last week to a three pocket bag. Gotta have more 'stuff' on the trips with the wife. I also got a Utopia diver backrest and that's a Godsend on long trips for the back. It also has a zippered pocket in back so Sharon can keep her reading material in there.

Later

dragon57
06-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Rick Haney, here
I live in Gainesville, ga
I go by Dragon57 on this, and the Vulcan forum
I ride a 2003 Nomad1500FI w/harley fairing, and a bunch of other mods. Hope to meet you all soon......

trip
06-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Very nice Nomad, dragon57! I just placed your pic on the Enthusiasts page on www.kawanow.org. (http://www.kawanow.org.)

bluetongue
06-21-2007, 05:35 AM
Welcome Dragon57 glad you found Trip's new place.

dip
06-21-2007, 08:11 AM
http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif Hello - My name is Sharon, better known as Dip (D-I-P and that's all...) I live in Maryland and I recently purchased an 07 1600 Nomad. So far I seem to be the only female on this site so I hope that isn't going to be a problem :-/

Anyway, prior to purchasing my Nomad I had a Vulcan 750. I loved my 750 and when it was time to step it up a bit I wanted something that pretty much had the same specs and smoothness in ride as my 750. Additionally I tend to do more distance riding so I needed some room - especially for packing stuff (saddlebags are awesome) I tried all types of bikes and did a lot of research and viola! I'm back on another Vulcan.

So far after a week or so, I do not regret my decision. The 1600 appears to be all that I had hoped. My only concerns are as follows and maybe someone here has some suggestions:

1. windshield - way too high; even at the lowest level
2. handlebars - a bit too far away from me, causing me to have to slump forward just a bit. definitely would become too uncomfortable during longer rides.
3. rides somewhat rough on occasion. can't figure this one out. first we thought it was idle, but I don't think so. Sometimes it sounds like it wants to cut off, but hasn't yet (thank god). I could be traveling at 20-30mph and even today at about 70mph and it almost seemed like it was hesitating, intermittently. I can tell it's got some power to give me but it feels like its trying to hold back??? - this by far is the most annoying concern.

Well anyway, look forward to interacting with members on this site. By the way, any thoughts regarding "break-in periods?" Just curious...

trip
06-21-2007, 09:57 AM
First of all, welcome to the group dip.
You are the only female so far, but that's no problem at all. Feel free to visit and ask anything.

I'm sure others in the group will join in to try and answer your questions.

As far as your windshield, If it's still too high at the lowest setting, I'd suggest either having it cut down (that is if you can trust someone to do it) or buy another windshield. Others may join in and have some other suggestions based off of their experiences.

Handlebars...have you thought about purchasing some extensions? I haven't put any on, but there are members in the group that have. They can probaly give you a source and cost estimates on installation.

As far as the ride...have you checked out what setting you have on your rear shocks? Check the manual and adjust your rear shocks to the setting you might need for your riding style.

Sounds cool that you've got an 07 Nomad. Feel free to send a pic to me and we'll get it on www.kawanow.org. (http://www.kawanow.org.)

Welcome aboard,
Trip

dip
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Trip - Thanks for the welcome.

I don't think there's much left to do about the windshield other than have it cut down :-/ or purchase another one :( If I did purchase another one any suggestions, type, cost etc? ...anyone?

I had thought about adding the risers and probably will make that my first mod along with some Kurakyn Grips. Suggestions on which risers to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

I'll take a look at the rear shocks as you suggest...hopes this will resolve the problem ...it's annoying me.

nomadman
06-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Hello, fellow Nomad owners, my name is Jan Talmon and I live in Bergambacht a small village in The Netherlands (Europe)

My ride is a 2005 grey/blue 1600 Nomad.

Trip

Thanks! for placing the article and pics about my dashboard with the 3 gauges on your new site! (www.kawanow.org) (see the Nomad Tips page)

Great site!!

jd
06-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey, Dip; welcome! You didn't move "up"; you moved "over"! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif Both are great bikes; the Nomad is just better for you, for what you want your bike to do. (Can ya tell I love the 750? http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif )

1. I agree with Trip; have it cut down, or get a different 'shield. Riding behind a fairing on my 750, I don't have any suggestions on a replacement for the Nad, but Slipstreamer and National Cycle both have a pretty good selection of styles. I had a Slipstreamer Hellfire before I got the fairing, and it worked well; the Enterprise is a larger version of it, and provides better hand coverage in the winter.

2. Kury has some nice risers, as does Scootworks:

http://tinyurl.com/3xhb92

Haven't used them myself, but have heard good things about them.

3. Riding rough, or running rough? Riding rough, I'd prolly think shocks, too, but since you state "on occasion", and from the description you give, I'd guess it sometimes runs rough. Not being that familiar with the Nomad, someone else will probably chime in on that one.

http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif Hello - My name is Sharon, better known as Dip (D-I-P and that's all...) I live in Maryland and I recently purchased an 07 1600 Nomad. So far I seem to be the only female on this site so I hope that isn't going to be a problem :-/

Anyway, prior to purchasing my Nomad I had a Vulcan 750. I loved my 750 and when it was time to step it up a bit I wanted something that pretty much had the same specs and smoothness in ride as my 750. Additionally I tend to do more distance riding so I needed some room - especially for packing stuff (saddlebags are awesome) I tried all types of bikes and did a lot of research and viola! I'm back on another Vulcan.

So far after a week or so, I do not regret my decision. The 1600 appears to be all that I had hoped. My only concerns are as follows and maybe someone here has some suggestions:

1. windshield - way too high; even at the lowest level
2. handlebars - a bit too far away from me, causing me to have to slump forward just a bit. definitely would become too uncomfortable during longer rides.
3. rides somewhat rough on occasion. can't figure this one out. first we thought it was idle, but I don't think so. Sometimes it sounds like it wants to cut off, but hasn't yet (thank god). I could be traveling at 20-30mph and even today at about 70mph and it almost seemed like it was hesitating, intermittently. I can tell it's got some power to give me but it feels like its trying to hold back??? - this by far is the most annoying concern.

Well anyway, look forward to interacting with members on this site. By the way, any thoughts regarding "break-in periods?" Just curious...

jeffm
06-23-2007, 10:35 PM
hi all my name is jeff i ride an 06 black nomad. i am from illinois. looks like this will be a great site.

trip
06-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the Nomad forum, nomadman and jeffm!

Make yourselves at home and thanks for visiting www.kawanow.org. (http://www.kawanow.org.)

Trip

dip
06-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Hi jd - thanks for the welcome. :) I too love the VN750. It was hard to part with it and I actually wonder how she's doing now. I hope she finds a home that will love her and appreciate her the way I did. The 750 provides awesome performance and is a great first bike or bike period.

I just purchased some risers from Scootworks Phat risers II. I tried to get them Aeromach but they have a 6-8 week back order. I need some now, because I'm getting ready to take some long rides in the next few weeks and just riding around town I feel stretched out just a bit two much. Didn't have this problem on the 750 http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

I've been looking into the windshield issue. I found some pretty good vendors for a new shield but I want to see if there is anyone out there I would trust in cutting down the one I have. If not, I think I'll probably break down and get a new one from Clearview Windshields - looks like they have one that will do the trick.

I also purchased some new kury grips, like I had on the 750. Next I have to purchase a driver's back rest...there is so much I want to get, but I'll have to be patient (financially speaking). Since I plan on holding on to the 1600 for awhile, I have time - and I'll just have to work on patience.

In terms of riding rough, it's more like I feel a jerkiness or slight hesitation. I noticed it yesterday while I was cruisin at about 70 - 80 mph, but sometimes I feel it at lower speeds. I'll ask the dealer to take a look at some of things suggested on this forum as well as other folks.

Anyway, I seem to be long-winded so I'll say so long for now. Take Care and Ride Safe. Just learned that an associate of mine died in motorcycle related accident on Saturday and while riding yesterday, I saw another rider go down. Luckily he sustained only some serious road rash, nasty. All I had was some cleaning rags on my bike, but we made due until the Emergency Crew and Police arrived. The kid didn't have on any gloves... ???

oledawg
06-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Hello All,
I'm still learnin how ta use this computer thingie,so this is one place i'm really slow. I'm Lloyd Weston (Ole Dawg) 69 yr. old retired steelworker. U.S. Steel Fairless Works in southeastern Pa. Started out ridin Triumphs in the 50's then slowed down while rais'n the kids, got back in the saddle again about 8 yrs ago for some therapy and its still workin. I work part time delivering Motorcycles for two dealerships and ride with the bride at every chance we get. She loves the Nomad mor'n me, and thats goin some. Smooth,comfortable and handles like a dream what more can i say that you don't already know.I had an 02 with 32000 mi. that i loved, but I was made an incredable offer, now I own an 07. And i've found this to outshine the 02 in its handling. WHATTA BIKE!..........I.m hopin ta ride this baby till i'm 80! YEEEE- HAAAAA
Thanks Trip for makin this forum for us "NOMADs" You are "THE WIZZ"

jd
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Dip, you might check with glass shops or plastics shops in your area. Several of the Yahoo! 750 group members have had windshields cut down that way, when they didn't trust themselves to do it.

Too many accidents this past weekend; a member of the 750 group's son went down somewhere in the Northeast, and nearly had his hand completely amputated in the wreck. Haven't had a chance to check since he posted this morning to see how the surgery went, but the doctors were optimistic going in.

trip
06-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the forum oledawg......keep those pics coming.

Trip

bluetongue
06-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome, oledawg and all the others I have missed.

waynem
06-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Hello all,
For Forums, I'm Waynem, but you can just call me wayne. I'm just a youngster, 65, soon to be 66, and just retired this year. My second retirement as I retired from the U. S. Marine Corps in 1984. Living in Texas City, TX since 1984.

Riding bikes since the 1970's off and on again as duty stations allowed. Even rode some in Japan, but I would not excatly call 50cc a bike, but it did get me around and back and forth to work.

Bought a 2004 Nomad in April 2004. Put 64,000+ miles on it when it decided to throw me and total itself this past March, in Montgomery County, TX. Broken shoulder blade is all. I'm back in the saddle with a 2007 Nomad. Is there any other bike? I really like the ride. Made Run for the Wall in 2006 on the '04. Put 3600 miles on it on that trip. Was going to go again this year, all the way to CA, to DC, New England and back, but the accident prevented that.

Always looking for information on Nomads.
Here is mine. It's on a commercial web site, but they wanted pictures of it to show so they could sell some more just like it.

http://www.texascitycycleonline.com/full_dress_nomad_1600.htm

DIP,
I have the PHAT Risers. They will hit your speedometer cowling. I'm trying to find an alternative but have not had any luck as of yet. The PHAT on the 2007 Nomad will put a dimple in the cowling. I may just leave it like that. You could also have someone weld a spot on the turn stops to keep the wheel from turning so far, but that will cut down you circles some.

I installed (had installed) a Power Commander. Makes the acceleration a lot smoother.

Semper Fi!

waynem
06-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Groundhog.

Thank you for both 1 and 2.
On #2, you could have one just like it!!!

Semper Fi!

dip
06-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Wayne - Darn wish I would have known about the Phat Risers. http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/> Just orderd them, maybe I will have to wait for the aeromech. Oh well back to the drawing board

dip
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
I just got really mad... http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/> and want to use some bad words, but I'm going to control myself...I just can't catch a break on the risers and I really need them like now.

waynem
06-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Dip,
They will work, but the have to be 5" risers, they will dimple the cowling just a little. It's not hard to look at. At least both sides will look the same. It would be nice if the made a riser that came up 6 inches and out 2 at a sharper angle. Someone will come up with something soon. Good luck.

On the hesitation. PowerCommander really takes care of all that. $300 + installation unless you have someone that can do it for you.

Semper Fi!

p.s., when risers are made for the 2007 model, the cowling can be changed out - for a price of course. Or maybe, just maybe, the dimple taken out.

dip
06-27-2007, 07:29 PM
waynem,
I contacted Scootworks and they said that the Phat II risers cleared the speedometer. Apparently folks notified them that the Phat risers had some problems on the nomad in terms of clearing space, so they produced the Phat II's which is supposed to have resolved the problem. We'll see, I'm going to have them put on next week and let you know how it goes. After I get them on, the grips and backrest, I'll look into the PowerCommander as you suggest. Thanks for the suggestions

06-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi all!

Nico here (MchoDC). Live in La Mesa, (San Diego) CA.
Ride a 1999 (98) Nomad 1500. Just traded my Roadstar Silverado for it few weeks ago. Very happy with the trade. Still getting used to the differences in handling. Hope to chat with you all soon. Any tips reagarding my bike are always appreciated!

:) Nico

jeffm
06-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Wayne i have the phat II's on my 06 & they work fine.

trip
06-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Welcome waynem, Nico, jeffm and others to the Kawanow forum.

You guys make the kawanow forum, so feel free to visit anytime and participate.

Trip

lw
06-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Howdy from Pasadena TX. Larry here. While I can't lay claim the to the title of Vulcan owner yet, I plan to correct that deficiency within the next month. Having succumbed to a combination of peer pressure/midlife crisis and being a safety geek by trade, I decided that I ought to complete a riders course before bringing a Nomad into the family. I've ridden dirt bikes and ATV's but those were animals of a different breed and a looong time ago. Of course the biggest obstacle was selling the idea to my bride of 23 yrs. I introduced the Mrs. to the Mistress yesterday, and she at least said she likes the color so the idea of motorcycle ownership is growing on her. I am glad to have found this site, and look forward to learning from those of you have been there and done that.

waynem
06-28-2007, 04:33 PM
LW,
Shop around. Prices are different, and deals are different. Check the different Kawi shops within 30-50 miles and you will be surprised at some of the prices and deals you can get.

Semper FI!

waynem
06-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Dip,
Very interest in pictures of the PHAT II. I'll switch if they clear.

Semper Fi!

dip
06-28-2007, 06:51 PM
waynem - no problem, they just came in mail today. I'm going to get them on next week, getting to close to weekend and that time is set aside for riding :) Anyway, I'll take some pics of my bike for the site and some shots of the risers for you to take a look at.

lw
06-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks Waynem. I have noticed the differences. In fact, your neighborhood shop is lower than the one closest to me by about $600. Short drive to TC for that savings. I will also be interested in the new financing packages replacing those that go away June 30th.

Question for the group: When will the '08s be making their appearance, and any idea how much that might affect the prices of '07's already on the showroom floor?

waynem
06-28-2007, 09:59 PM
lw,
The price of the 07's will drop some, and the TC dealer usually has specials. He has a 2006 Nomad on the floor now for $12,999 as an example. That's about 2 grand cheaper than the MSRP for 07's and Original 06 prices. I have not found that the prices have increased from year to year like other dealers.
BTW, they will be opening a new shop withing the next year or so along I-45S. Near the Honda and Yamaha dealers (Ooops! Sorry for cussing, Should have said H(*#da and Y#*$(ha)
Take a ride down to TC (6th St) and look around. Talk to Albert. Drop my name so they think they are getting something from me!!!! :-)

Semper Fi!

Dip,
Looking forward to the Pictures. Heck, you should have had them on by now.

ponch
06-29-2007, 09:34 PM
My nic is Ponch, but my name is Jim. I currently live in Iowa, and I started the Des Moines VROC chapter almost two years ago. I bought a 2007 Nomad two months ago. So far 4000+ trouble free miles, except for a deck screw in the rear tire. I had a Vulcan 800 Classic before the Nomad, and it's been a major upgrade.
Jim

dip
06-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Welcome Ponch from MD.

PS. waynem - Whenever I'm near my bike I think of riding, not picture taking:) but I'll get to it next week.

06-30-2007, 02:53 PM
I am Gary Smith. :) I live in central Indiana. User name of shilohsam, Shiloh is my old friend a Saddlebred gelding, whom I have ridden many miles in the Tenn. mountains . He is now retired to my pasture as he is up in years and too crippled up to ride any more. Sam is another very good friend of mine, a mixed breed dog , mostly Rottweiler. He lead point with Shiloh and myself all of those trail miles mentioned. Hence the name shilohsam.

I will be 60 years old in December and looking forward to it, 60 sounds like a good even number to me, and gets me a little closer to retirement and getting out of the tool shop. I work primarily in the making of die cast and plastic molds.

Bought my first motorcycle magazine (Cycle World) in 1963 and I still have it. Have been in and out of motorcycles all of those years, both off road ridding ( Husky, Bultalco, Yam. TT500, Yam. YZ 250) and road bikes ( all four of the Japanese main brands and BMW, Moto Guzzi. Last bike that I traded in on the Nomad was a Goldwing GL1500SE. The Nomad is motorcycle is ,I think motorcycle number 20. I have paid as little as $50 for basket case bikes up to the most expensive ,
for me the 2007 Nomad I now have. I have enjoyed them all greatly. So I have had a variety of bikes to compare the Nomad too, and I am very satisfied with it. I really like Kawasaki,s design approach, good looking bikes but more attention paid to solid and mechanic friendly design than some other makes. I suppose that is just my opinion , however those of you that do your own maintenance no doubt agree. Compare the difference of changing an air filter, spark plugs , or thermostat to a Goldwing and you will know what I mean.

Became a member June 21st. and have seen the membership already double in size. Look forward to all of the valuable information I will receive from you fellow members, and being able to perhaps share a little input that may be of some value.

06-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Ok.... Now that it looks like KawaNow is going to take off and be the #1 Nomad forum in the Universe........... it's time for KawaNow Noamd Patches and pins!!!!

http://s2.images.proboards.com/tongue.gif~ Nico

06-30-2007, 03:16 PM
N O M A D

trip
07-01-2007, 05:48 AM
If I missed anybody so far.....welcome one and all to the Kawanow Forum.

Trip

bluetongue
07-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Welcome everyone to a great forum.

waynem
07-01-2007, 09:39 AM
I changed my profile today to allow email to be sent - if necessary.
Bet you had thought of this: VULCAN1600NOMAD@sbcglobal.net

Semper Fi!

spork
07-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Hello all,

I am new to the group and really like what I have seen so far.

I am in the Houston, Texas area and started the Gulf Coast VROC chapter for our area.

I started with VROC several years ago when I purchased a 1996 750. I was searching around for after-market accessories for the 750 and stumbled onto the VROC scene. I can honestly say that my motorcycle experience has been made exponentially better as a result of VROC and my life has been made better as well.

I actually have a friend now that will likely be a life-long friend as a result of the VROC site. He found me through the VROC member search while looking for other riders with the same saddlebags he had. Now, our families get together and swim, eat and fellowship. He has helped me through loss of a parent, depression, and lack of a motorcycle for therapy. (He loaned me his extra bike for quite some time) All as a result of the VROC boards. This board has the same power and wish it well.

750 was lost to a left-hand turning Ford Truck and, after about 6 weeks I was back to "normal" http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Thought it would be a good time to "upgrade" my bike since I really enjoyed longer rides. Couldn't afford the bike I was dreaming of (Nomad) so I looked for a deal on another Vulcan. Found a nice 1500 Classic and jumped back on for some more saddle time.

Hill Country Run 2005. On the way to HCR, I experienced a catastrophic combination of events. (I have a witness and it really wasn't my error) :) One thing lead to another and I ended up in a full lock-to-lock head shake on the Classic. About 3 seconds after the initial vibration started, the front end tucked under and the bike flipped. That.......was not a good day. I had been traveling at about 70 when the vibration started and I guesstimate that I was about 55-60 when it flipped. Thankfully, I was able to roll once I hit and my Teknic Jacket, helmet, boots and gloves did their duty as designed. The only issue I had was a great deal of soreness, raging road rash when my jeans failed to protect me almost the moment I hit the ground, and a broken bone in my wrist.

That one was a total loss as well.

SO, recently came across a great deal on a 2001 Nomad Fi and am once again enjoying the time in the saddle. We will see how this goes. I think if I wreck this one, the wife of 20 years will give me the ultimatum. :) SO far, she has been a real trooper. She understands that my accidents were not because I was out doing some STUPID! like riding drunk, (don't mix the 2 in any way) or riding stupid.

WHEW! Sorry for the novel, but now you know more than ever wanted......

See you around.

jd
07-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Spork!!! About time you showed up here, boy! And you're right; VROC _is_ a great family, and Pablo is a great guy.

BTW, Connie told me about your idea, I'm assuming based on what Paul did for you; you and I are thinking entirely too much alike! Cuz I've been thinking the same thing for a while now... Her bike is currently sitting in my back yard, awaiting compression checks on my '87, pending a possible engine swap. If this @^%# rain would ever quit long enuff...

Welcome to the group, dude; and, welcome to all the new members here!

bluetongue
07-03-2007, 05:41 AM
Spork glad to see you made it over to this great forum. There is alot of knowledge about the Nomads here.

trip
07-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Welcome to the forum, spork! Glad you were able to find a Nomad FI after the mishap.

Trip

stewart
07-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Hello All,

Started a few posts already some more popular than others, all feedback on point and much appreciated.

My name is John on forums I use my middle name "Stewart", I don't know why. Just started doing that years ago and it's stuck with me from one forum to another.

I've been riding since the year I was married in 1988 and have had several motorcycles (not as many as some) throughout the 19 years and I still have the same wife. Some days a blessing some days a curse. My present ride is a 2001 Kawasaki Concours with lots of farkles. I like the bike however over time I've just sort of felt that the riding position with or without bar risers and other peripheral creature comfort items is just not suited to my physique. I average 235lbs and have had right wrist carpal tunnel for years. The Connie riding position hasn't done anything to help that and also the forward lean has started to take it's tole on my elbows. I also like to go fast and so does the Connie so I' m looking for a bike that will put me into a better riding position and allow me to go the speeds I would like without being ridiculous about it.

I like the Nomad for it's beauty. It is a sharp looking bike. The seat seams accommodating and with room for a passenger. My last cruiser an Intruder 1400 by Suzuki was just not a real good two-up ride. The two-up performance of the Nomad is appealing to me. Like the fuel injection rather than carbs. Like the low reported troubles on the bike no matter where I look for them.

I will be selling the Concours as soon as I can and then moving forward with the purchase of an all black 2007 1600 Nomad for 10,500 OTD minus my down payment/trade depending how that goes. That puts me financing 7K for a bike that appeals to me in many ways and that I believe based on the input I've read on this site and others, will provide me many years of service.

Thanks to all. Look forward to dialogging with you and potentially meeting up with some from the board sometime.

Regards and God Bless,

Stewart

waynem
07-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Where are you all finding these great deals for 10,500??????

Semper Fi!

stewart
07-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I didn't do that right. This may be a double. Anyway I will be happy to post if Trip says it's OK to list the dealer. I have no affiliation with them and only hope that posting will not get them all sold before I'm ready however for a fellow biker I take my chances. Don't know if the terms of service or whatever I agreed to when I joined allowed dealer mention or not?

Trip?

dip
07-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Finally got the risers put on. The Phat II's are great! They have me sitting straight up now; much more comfortable. Got the kury grips and getting ready to go out and put my throttle boss back on and the stilletto end caps I had on my 750 - Yes. No just have to get a back rest. The utopia looks good, but it seems a bit complex in terms of install. I wouldn't try to do it myself anyway, but it looks like if I have it done it's going to cost me a pretty penny :-/ Can't find a dang service manual either. Kaw is out right now - any suggestions.

PS only problem with Phat II's is I can't take key out unless my front is still straight. Oh well...what one must sacrifice for comfort.

waynem
07-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey DIP,
Glad to hear the risers are working. I have a set of PHAT II's on order. The KAWI shop will probably replace the speedo cover for me.

This is as close as I can get you to a manual:
<http://www.kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.aspx?strContentUrl=/SITE/VIVEHICLEINFORMATION/VICHOOSEVEHICLE.ASP>

Search on "VN1600D7FA" Without the quotes.
At least you'll have the parts list.

Why do you leave the key in. I take the key out after I turn it to the on position. If you are where you can see your bike and you don't want to shut it off to "lock" it, turn it half way and you will be off - no drain - and just need to turn it to on and start it when you are ready to go. Keep the key in your pocket or around your neck until you need it.

Semper Fi!

I wish they had put a "detent accessories" position in that spot.

blowndodge
07-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Hello to all!

My name is Brad and I ride a 2006 Green/silver Nomad with about 4K miles on her. I live in the Southern California area in a nice suburb of the city of Lakewood. I'm on the Delphi forums under the same Moniker "Blowndodge" That's because I drive a Dodge Diesel truck. Over the past year or so I've played around with small tweaks on my Nomad including the TPS adjustment and have a small article on Gadgets page as to the outcome of my experimentation with it. I hope to hook up with more Nomad riders out west as there seems to be a small "shortage" of Nomads to ride with out this way.

I was out of riding for about 20 years but back the I had rode and owned most of the classics. Kawasaki Mach III, Mach IV, 900 Z1, First original Gold Wing, Suzuki GS 750 (traveled all over the west coast with that nice bike. Had so much strapped to it I looked like a scene out of the "Grapes of Wrath!". Took time off to raise a family and now I'm a empty nester turning 50 at the end of summer and last year, 2/19/2006, I rode home on a brand new Nomad!

My oh my have the bikes changed from back then! Wonderful bike even with all of it's "known" quirks about her. I'm still anal and keep her spotless and highly polished to this day so I guess I'm still in the honeymooning stage?!! Glad to meet you all and hope to get I ride in with some of you someday.

Brad

Top Cat
07-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi, my name is Tim. I have a 2007 Nomad 1600 Black & Silver. Traded my 650 Yamaha Silverado for it. No not even-up http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif I live in central NY . Ride Safe!

legend82
07-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Hello to all,
My name is Marco "Legend" Billups. I'm from Plainsboro N.J. and I ride 2006 1600 Nomad.
In this first year I just flipped over 10K and I'm just getting started.
I hope to roll with everyone here at some point of time. See ya on the highway, stay safe.

dip
07-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Welcome to all - fellow Nomad riders

bluetongue
07-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Welcome to the forum everyone. There are folks joining faster than I can welcome them.

finky
07-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Hi all just another new member to this fantastic forum.

All the way from Melbourne Australia
2006 Nomad stacks of mods VROC #16740 member
Also a member and President Westgate wanderers (Ulyssess club) here in Melbourne.Bought my Nomad April last year and have already got 27,000Ks on it.

I have added my club web site to my profile if anyone would like to check it out.

Trip how do I add a pic as my avatar not really up on computers.
any help would be gratefully appreciated.

bluetongue
07-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Welcome Finky, glad you found us.

trip
07-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Let me join Groundhog and bluetongue in welcoming everybody to the Kawanow forum. It's great to see so many Nomad owners from all over the world join up and participate in this forum.

Feel free to read and participate in any threads here on the forum. There are no dumb questions.

Trip

bluetongue
07-10-2007, 11:16 AM
What's on 2nd?

stewart
07-10-2007, 07:44 PM
[quote:16qbi8dp]
I also like to go fast and so does the Connie so I' m looking for a bike that will put me into a better riding position and allow me to go the speeds I would like without being ridiculous about it.

First off, Welcome Stewart.

The Connie is a great bike but due to some medical conditions on my part the riding position of that and other bikes like it are out of the question for any length of time.

I realize this is a Nomad forum but I don't know if the Nomad will have the speed you may be looking for coming from a Connie.

Now the Vulcan 2000 is a nice laid back cruiser with some punch to it when you want it. Just something to think about.

Good luck on whatever you decide and feel free to hang around.[/quote:16qbi8dp]

GH,

I keep wording it wrong. What I been trying to say between spitting out the shoe leather I obviously keep eating is that I'm interested in a bike that would cater to a slower paced riding style. My verbage keeps getting in the way of that. I've thought for a few years now that the Nomad is just that bike. Just gotta sell the Connie first.

Thanks,

Stewart

finky
07-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks Guy's beem an avid user of Trips site for ages but only just found the forum I know the time differance will be a bit of a hic up but I will be around the place reading etc when you are all in bed.

trip
07-11-2007, 06:25 AM
<<<Who's on first.......What's on 2nd>>>

OK...well....let me rephrase that. There can be some dumb questions, but I doubt anybody but GH and bluetongue will ask them...LOL.

Welcome to the group finky. I'd say you get the "farthest away" prize hailing from Australia.

Trip

socwkbiker
07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Hello all! I'm SocWkBiker aka Jeff, because I'm a social worker with an adventurous side. You can call me SWB for eas of typing.

I ride a 2005 Silver/Black Nomad and I love it! I've got V&H pipes, light bar and white led lights that really give the engine some pop! I constantly get compliments on her and, I often get asked if she's a Harley. Do y'all get this too?

I'm from Mesquite, TX and would love to hook up for some rides with folks.

dip
07-11-2007, 02:05 PM
waynem - just saw you post, must have missed it. The problem I "thought" I was having with the key turned out not to be a problem at all. I just have to take my time, since there is very little clearance when the bars are turned all the way to left. :-[

I suppose I don't take key out after I start it is because I'm afraid I'll misplace it. Probably the safest place to keep it would be on my neck but generally I already have my helmut and MP3 on before I put key in. I'm already concerned that the MP3 cords around my neck will probably by the cause of my death if I ever go down..."what was the cause of death, strangulation; her MP3 cords choked her to death." Just can't ride without my tunes. http://s2.images.proboards.com/tongue.gif

Anyway, when getting off bike it is a habit to take key out and then secure it. Not really use to taking key out while riding, need to get use to it, because key ring gets in way of speedometer and I always have to push it out the way. Poor creature of habit...

BTW - please send me the link again on service manual. Couldn't copy and paste in my address bar and the link wouldn't allow me to access directly from the post. I still haven't been able to come up with one. Found clymer manuals etc but not for 07 Nomad, generally stopped around 04 and I think some things have changed since then. :'(

lw
07-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Howdy from Pasadena TX. Larry here. While I can't lay claim the to the title of Vulcan owner yet, I plan to correct that deficiency within the next month.

Update: I completed the Basic Rider's Course last weekend, and will pick up my '07 Nomad tomorrow after work. I dont have to work next week, so I will be able to enjoy some "getting acquainted" time and photo ops.
Life is good !!

jd
07-11-2007, 05:36 PM
[quote author=lw board=general thread=1182053342 post=1183064105 Update: I completed the Basic Rider's Course last weekend, and will pick up my '07 Nomad tomorrow after work. I dont have to work next week, so I will be able to enjoy some "getting acquainted" time and photo ops.
Life is good !!

Congrats, Larry; glad to see it. Ny brother picked up his '07 in Dripping Springs, the Saturday of the ROT Rally; he's lovin' it.

finky
07-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Thank you for the welcome boys,in the middle of our winter here so not spending a lot of time on my bike at the moment,gives me time to add more bling before summer.
I hope to get over your way in the next couple of years planning a trip to Sturgis in 2009 so with any luck might get to Texas and get a chance to catch up.

stix
07-11-2007, 10:47 PM
-al (stix) checking in.
Presently an '07 red & titanium.
Also an '01 VN750 Black & silver.
Ride mostly solo, like longer (2-3 day out) rides, all year round.
( No, I do not have tire chains....snow really stinks).
Member Patriot Guard Riders, Streets of Fire.

Mostly a troll on forums...just tryin' to learn.

ride safe and with respect

ponch
07-12-2007, 10:56 AM
If you need to ride in Snow, get Ural. :)

-al (stix) checking in.
Presently an '07 red & titanium.
Also an '01 VN750 Black & silver.
Ride mostly solo, like longer (2-3 day out) rides, all year round.
( No, I do not have tire chains....snow really stinks).
Member Patriot Guard Riders, Streets of Fire.

Mostly a troll on forums...just tryin' to learn.

ride safe and with respect

bassman
07-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Lannie is my name but I use Bassman as my login since I've been a bass player for the past 30 years. I am in Pflugerville TX just outside of Austin and ride a 07 Black on Black Nomad that I call "The Black Pearl". I've added a luggage rack and Vance & Hines Dual Baggers to mine and she really sings! I really enjoy this forum and appreciate the info that the members have to share...thanks TRIP!

dip
07-17-2007, 02:24 PM
welcome.

madman
07-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Mad Man here... Wandered in from another Vulcan site... I ride an 05' Nomad... Bought it new off the showroom floor back in Feb of 05... Currently sitting at 35K on the OD... Wife rides an 06' HD Sporty 883L... We like to travel on our bikes...

http://people.delphiforums.com/madmanyj/sig.jpg

smurfsdad
07-18-2007, 10:02 PM
My name is Jerry Murphy. I go by "Smurfsdad". I live in central illinois, am 62 years old and am the owner of a 2006 1600 Nomad and a 2007 HD FXDSE. The Nomad is a terrific bike. None to compare it to in my opinion.
Hope this forum takes off and does well. I'll be checking in regularly.

Smurfsdad

zoom45
07-18-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm Bobby Risher from Terry, MS. my login is zoom45 because I drive a dirt race car #45. I have a 2000 Nomad (Black & Chrome) dressed out with Fire & Steel options. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif I bought the bike with 4,000 miles and now it has over 40,000. My wife loves to ride on long trips. I'm a Safety manager with our local Air National Guard base in Mississippi. Great website!

Bobby

grumps
07-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi there! My name is Dan Fuqua. I'm a native born Mississippian but have lived in Ohio for the past twenty years. Just bought a 2007 black Nomad. Can't believe how much fun it is to ride. . I joined VROC and then found this forum. I am appreciative of the ones who keep this site going. I hope to learn much from you guys.

PS: The name "Grumps" was my wife and daughter's idea. They taught the grandkids to call me what they never had the nerve to do.

Freedom's just another word for a motorcycle ride. Roll on!

Dan

07-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi all I'm from Kingston ON Canada. I ride a 07 Cardinal Red 1600 Nad. I'm known as Combat Chef and I am a member the the 1st CAV "Canadian Army Veterans "motorcycle unit. I am just having a ball with this new machine.

trip
07-19-2007, 09:55 PM
bassman, madman, smurfsdad, zoom45, grumps and Combat Chef........welcome guys to the Kawanow Forum. And, if I missed anyone, my apologies.

Feel free to ask any questions or post any answers. We don't flame anybody here, we just help each other with our Nomads.

Ride safe,
Trip

PS. madman, nice pic. Was that taken at Deal's Gap?

40shooter
07-19-2007, 11:04 PM
40Shooter here. John if you want real names. I ride a 2004 blue/silver nomad around Colorado and Wyoming mostly. The nic name comes from the cal. of gun I shoot on a regular basis. I have done several of the mods on the Gadget page to my bike "Lady Blue" The one I like the most is the ignition switch relocation to the left side cover. But I found a way to do it with out cutting any wires and saving the tool storage area as well.
Trip I would like to have a picture on my profile but don't understand what to do can you tell me please?

40Shooter in Colorado

40shooter
07-19-2007, 11:08 PM
About the pins and patchs idea!!! I say we all start a new organiztion and call it

"Nomad Riders Association"

N.R.A.

what ya think???

trip
07-20-2007, 06:53 AM
<<<Trip I would like to have a picture on my profile but don't understand what to do can you tell me please?>>>

40Shooter,
When you log in, click on PROFILE off the top menu, then click on MODIFY PROFILE. This will enable you to change the info on your profile. On that page, you will find the option to either select a "house" or "canned" avatar or you can use a picture or graphic. However, if you use a picture, it will need to be located on the web somewhere so that you can put in the avatar link input field. Remember to keep your avatar pics small in size.

Thanks,
Trip

PS. I like your NRA idea! Not to steal your thunder, but I was thinking of maybe NORA....Nomad Owners Riders Association.

pablo
07-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Howdy. My name is Paul Picket and I go by Pablo as my forum name. I live in Huntsville, TX and ride a 2007 Black & Titanium Nomad. I got the bike new in late January and have about 8,200 miles on it. I traded in a Honda Spirit 1100 for the Nomad and am really enjoying the added comfort and power. This Nomad site looks like it will be interesting, and I'm looking forward to being a member.
Paul

frenchbiker
07-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Frenchie here, coming from the Delphi Vulcan Forum. No ostracism whatsoever from the guys there. I have no pb with your site although I've made so many friends on the Vulcan Forum since 2002 that I'll spend most of my web time there. Live in Pittsburgh PA since I moved from Europe in 1990. I own a 2001 Carb Nomad with a little over 30K miles, and a 2004 Texas Chopper. Very pleased with my Nomad but I plan to replace it in 2008, if everything goes as planned. Most likely, I'll get a HD Touring Bike, either Street Glide or Ultra Classic. Too bad Mama Kaw doesn't listen it its customers and refuses to put on the market the V-Twin Tourer than lots of us desire.
I will not pay almost as much for a new Nomad and for aftermarket fairing, trunk, lower fairing, cruise control, radio etc...... that I would pay to buy a HD Touring bike already fully equipped with these accoutrements and offering 6 speed tranny, 6 gal tank, ABS and many more desireable goodies, plus full warranty on the whole thing.

I wish you guys lots of success with your site, and don't be strangers, join the Delphi Vulcan Forum if you're not a member yet.

madman
07-20-2007, 11:40 AM
PS. madman, nice pic. Was that taken at Deal's Gap?

Yeah wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary with a trip to the Smokys... She rode her Sporty down and I the Nomad... Pic was taken on 6-18-07...

trip
07-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Welcome 40shooter and Frenchie to Kawanow. You guys make yourselves at home.

No ostracism from the guys here either, so feel free to read, post and make any suggestions for the website. As I've stated before, we don't flame here, just help and answer questions concerning the Nomad.

Thanks,
Trip

trip
07-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Mad man,
I slayed the dragon three times right after I got Ruby Earl in 2005. The day I was riding Deal's Gap, the photographer wasn't there.

Know what you mean about the 25 year anniversary...my wife and I will celebrate 25 years this coming December. Somehow, I don't think I'm going to be able to celebrate at Deal's Gap.

madman
07-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Trip,

I gotta a special woman is all I can say... It was her idea to ride to the Smokys for our anniversary... She has only had her bike for a year now and she's put on almost 13K... hehehe

dip
07-20-2007, 04:25 PM
http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif welcome all.

40shooter
07-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Trip, I like your idea about NORA also...

marksquirrel
07-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Hello to all,

My name is Mark and I live in Spain.
I am a owner vn 800 classic 99, and a member of Vulcan Owners Club Spain.
Congratulations for your forum and your web.

I hope to be able to interchange information with you on our motorcycles Kawasaki Vulcan. That this Web are for the VN Nomad, but here in Spain has enough and to be able to inform to them on you.

trip
07-20-2007, 09:53 PM
<<<Trip, I like your idea about NORA also... >>>

Thanks 40shooter. Maybe someday we can get that going.

trip
07-20-2007, 09:54 PM
marksquirrel,
Welcome to kawanow. Feel free to leave any posts and view not only the forum, but the website too.

Trip

07-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Finally got a pic of my '99 Nomad to post....... and I can't figure out how to!
Nico

rustyhammer
07-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Rustyhammer here,

Not a Nomad owner but I do have an '01 1500 Classic.
Some of the parts are the same.
I'll be around if it's ok.

-Rusty

jba900
07-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi, I'm John Bailey. I have a 2000 Nomad and live in Tulsa Ok.
I mostly just read.

gr8mountie
07-20-2007, 11:07 PM
....hey all! My name is Mike and I'm located in beautiful British Columbia, Canada.
... My ride is a 2001 red and silver Nomad, affectionatley known as "Betty".. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif
.. Nice job on the site setup Trip. I'm really enjoying it here and look forward to meeting fellow forumites and learning more about our bikes!

dano
07-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Name is Daniel Redmon, Dano to most folks. I'm one of the moderators of the site devoted to the 1600 Kawasaki, be it Classic, Nomad or Meanie. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VN1600/
Always interested in anything NOMAD, regardless of the source. You'll see me frequenting several sites ;)
Been a LEO of one variety or another since 1969 and "Book'em Dano" from Hawaii 5 O, kinda stuck. Traded an 04 Kaw 1600 Classic last year on an 06 Green and Silver Nomad. Wish I'd have gotten the Nomad from the beginning. I have a Quadzilla being built as we speak and should be here sometime the first week or so of August. Can't wait.
Ride safe,
Dano

trip
07-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Welcome Rustyhammer, jba900, Lomax and Dano!

You guys make yourselves at home. Feel free to read and post here on the forum and make any suggestions for the website at www.kawanow.org (http://www.kawanow.org)

Trip

lowrevs
07-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Howdy folks, LowRevs just checkin' in. The new site looks great Trip. I am looking forward to sharing some stories and info when I can. Hopefully the rain here will allow some riding soon too.

My intro... got the name from how I ride, slow and easy. Also seems to fit my outlook on life - I try not to let things get me stressed. Been riding only a few years, starting out on a 2003 Suzuki Volusia and stepped up the current bike. Work for a software company in Houston, and I am married (18 years) with two daughters (13 and 8).

reckon I have rambled on too long here... look forward to sharing some miles of asphalt with y'all, and above all else, be safe out there.

kingcruiser
07-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey everybody. I just started back riding in February this year after about 28 years off a bike. I bought a 2007 Titanium/Black Nomad. Her name is "DD II". I retired from the Army after 22 years in 1994 and work as a Physician Assistant with a Cardiology group in Sherman, Texas. I look forward to maybe riding with some of you one of these days.

bluetongue
07-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Welcome everyone. Kingcruiser I am sure we will share some road sooner or later. Rick glad to see you are still around and I hope you took advantage of the dry day we had and got some seat time in.

unwind2
07-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi, My name is Nancy. I ride an '05 blue/silver Nomad. I also have an '04 Moto Guzzi EV tour blue/silver.....what color bike do you think I like? I live in TN.

Special hello to dip - yes there are a few of us female Nomaders ;).

blowndodge
07-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi, My name is Nancy. I ride an '05 blue/silver Nomad. I also have an '04 Moto Guzzi EV tour blue/silver.....what color bike do you think I like? I live in TN.

Special hello to dip - yes there are a few of us female Nomaders ;).

I'm gonna guess..............Blue and maybe Silver!??? Glad to have you join today! A lady who rides a Nomad......... how cool is that?

Brad

blowndodge
07-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Hey everybody. I just started back riding in February this year after about 28 years off a bike. I bought a 2007 Titanium/Black Nomad. Her name is "DD II". I retired from the Army after 22 years in 1994 and work as a Physician Assistant with a Cardiology group in Sherman, Texas. I look forward to maybe riding with some of you one of these days.

Welcome DDII and thanks for signing up your rider!!! Also thanks for your military service. I live in California but I have friends in Wiley Texas and I keep threatening to ride there!! Maybe next spring I make an event of it and bring my Sat laptop and keep a diary or something similar.

lw
07-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Welcome Unwind2, Kingcruiser and others I have missed greeting.

trip
07-22-2007, 05:56 PM
lowrevs, kingcruiser and unwind2,
Welcome to the Kawanow forum. Make yourselves at home. Feel free to read and post here on this forum and make any suggestions concerning the Kawanow website at www.kawanow.org (http://www.kawanow.org)

Ride safe,
Trip

PS. unwind2....great to see another female Nomad rider join the ranks here at kawanow. lowrevs....what took ya so long?...glad you're here.

unwind2
07-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks all for the welcome. Forgot to mention my car is also light blue.

Trip - thanks for your kindness and openess concerning the other thread. http://s2.images.proboards.com/lipsrsealed.gif

dip
07-24-2007, 07:11 PM
welcome all - unwind, i am so pleased to see that there is another woman here that rides a nomad, a special welcome to you. :)

dip
07-24-2007, 07:27 PM
trip (or anyone else who may know)...what does the term "karma" mean on the profile.

trip
07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
dip,
Karma is a feature I enabled when I first setup this forum. It allows members to give each other ratings that is displayed in their mini profiles.

Below the members name (in the box on the left) you will be given the opportunity to click on "exalt" or "smite" for that member. If you exalt someone, it will give a positive karma number. If you smite someone, a negative number will be added. It's all in fun.

Trip

dip
07-25-2007, 07:12 PM
ok - i guess i'm doing ok for now...pretty clever.

trip
07-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Yep...you've got a "2". Pretty good!

07-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Unwind, Let me welcome you too if I haven't already.... years ago I had a '77 Moto Guzzi V-1000 Convert Police Special.... it was my baby and I foolishly sold it to pay some bills.. I love Guzzis.... the "character" lol the new Claifornia Vintage reminds me alot of the one I had.... now I'm gonna cry... :'(

trip
07-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Nico,
Do you live close to LaJoya? There's a spot of beach out there that I love to sit and contemplate at. Haven't been out there in several years.

07-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Trip,
I live inland in La Mesa, but only 20+ minutes or so from La Jolla.... ride out there often.... La Jolla Cove is a beautiful spot..... when we're not up in Julian, Cuyamaca, or Laguna, we do the coastal route .... Pacific Coast Hwy.... we're lucky here, can ride to the mountains and then cut across over to the coast or out to Borrego Desert and be home in 4-5 hrs taking a nice lunch break.... Rode out across the Coronado Bridge today.... It all makes me forget I'm broke!! lol

Nico

okienomad
07-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Howdy Everyone. Ron Lokey here from McAlester, OK. Been the proud owner of a 2006 Nomad 1600 for about 3 months now upgrading from a V-Star 1100. Went just shy of 6500 miles on a trip to Alaska earlier this month and bike performed beautifully.

Been an Okie most of my life, but did spend 18 good years in Texas after graduating college. When I found Trip's website on the Nomad and seeing he was a "Good Ol'e Texas Boy", I figured it was worth looking into. Sure enough, I am finding that is covers most any problem I can find.

The Forum is excellent as it has a very wide range of characters who have alot of experience with the Nomads. Again, whatever I throw at it, someone will reply with the correct information.

GREAT FORUM and glad to be a part of it!

07-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Welcome Okie!

Congrats Groundhog on your 100th post and 5 stars! You just had to beat me, didn't ya!

:) Nico

lw
07-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Welcome Okie. 6500 miles is a heck of a maiden voyage. I am envious.

blowndodge
07-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Welcome Okie, Wow! Alaska, that had to be one heck of an awesome ride!

trip
07-31-2007, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the KawaNOW forum Okie! Alaska is going to be the next "frontier" for me. I've been on a lot of trips, but there are two trips I want to take someday. One is to ride to New England during the fall and the other is to go to Alaska. Have you written up a trip report?

Also, I've been through McAlester many times traveling up to St. Louis, MO to visit my son who is attending college there. Nice town! I usually run up the Indian Nations Tpike to McAlester, then take 69 up to Will Rogers Tpike, then east to Missouri.

Ride safe,
Trip

bluetongue
07-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Welcome Okie, McAlester is where my grandparents lived for about 15 years. Was and hope still is a nice town.

dip
07-31-2007, 07:42 PM
welcome all. mental note>>got to catch up on my posts - rubbing the dust outta my eyes...

bluetongue
07-31-2007, 08:00 PM
DIP, I was forgot to ask you how are you minding? Hope you heal fast cause that Nomad will get cobb webs on it if you don't.

dogdoc
07-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Howdy Guys/Gals: My name is Dennis known as Doc since I'm a veterinarian from Austin. I ride a '05 Nomad Silver/Black with V&H Classic bagger pipes, Cobra luggage rack, Kuraykn Iso grips and highway pegs and reservoir covers. I ride every day to work even in the winter at near freezing and just completed a trip to OK. and back. I'm glad to see alot of ole Texas boys on here and I am enjoying sharing the info and good times. best regards, Doc

trip
07-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the KawaNOW forum dogdoc. You and I ride the same year and color Nomad. Where did you go in Oklahoma?

vulcanvixen
07-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi everybody! I'm a friend of Nico's (MachoDC) who suggested I should join. Hell - I've been reading all the posts anyway. I have a 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT - not a Nomad I know - but since I park next to Nico's a lot of the time, did some rub off?? Since we see each other every day - I already feel part of the family! Hope the hazing isn't too torturous!!!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

blowndodge
08-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Welcome V! You see Nico everyday? Did you lose a bet to someone!! haha! No hazing here at the "Now". We just ride and have fun with each other. Would be cool if someday we all could meet and get to know each other. Since I live in southern Cali, I plan on riding down to Escondido to see my cousin in a few weeks and maybe you can bring Nico and we could hook up somewhere!

A 900 huh? Classic LT? I guess the Nomads Lil bro bike counts!!

08-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Welcome V....... keep in mind that non-Nomad riders are limited to 2 posts per day of 25 words or less.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u272/DrNickDC/Nico.jpg

Sir Nico, Esq.

trip
08-01-2007, 06:12 AM
Welcome vulcanvixen to the KawaNOW forum. Your help and support here is appreciated.

Nico.....you crack me up Dude!!! LOL.

socwkbiker
08-01-2007, 08:46 AM
First off, Welcome Okie! Been through McAlester many times myself.
Trip, I take that same route when I go see my family in Eldon, MO. (Now you gotta look up that little town just to satisfy your curiosity).

Welcome to the KawaNOW forum Okie! Alaska is going to be the next "frontier" for me. I've been on a lot of trips, but there are two trips I want to take someday. One is to ride to New England during the fall and the other is to go to Alaska. Have you written up a trip report?

Also, I've been through McAlester many times traveling up to St. Louis, MO to visit my son who is attending college there. Nice town! I usually run up the Indian Nations Tpike to McAlester, then take 69 up to Will Rogers Tpike, then east to Missouri.

Ride safe,
Trip

vulcanvixen
08-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Illustrious Nico??!!! OH NO!!! That cold has finally gotten to your head - it's making you delirious!! (BTW - this is less than 25 words) http://s2.images.proboards.com/tongue.gif

vulcanvixen
08-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey Trip! Hey BlownDodge! Thanks for the warm welcome!

BD - I'll take you up on your offer to ride when/if you come to Escondido. Any excuse to 'ride like the wind' ya know? http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

blowndodge
08-01-2007, 09:13 PM
I think we all celebrate that religion! sunny day, wind, Vulcan, all is good with the soul!! When I head down there I'll let you and Nico know when and drop you my cell #. Of course we'd have to take a group pic to post here!

dogdoc
08-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Trip: I rode to Purcell, OK to visit my bro who rides a 2006 Nomad and my brother-in-law who rides a H-D. Did you make it to ROT-rally in Austin this year? We had a blast here in Austin. Doc

08-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Welcome Frenchie.... I frequent the Delphi site as well. You make some good points. Hope to see you on here often.

Nice quote btw.

pappy
08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey all,
My name is Steve Turner and I live in Cookeville, Tn. My first grandchild called my Pappy and it stuck so, Pappy it is for my forum name. I'm new to the whole forum thing so bear with me. I rode a 2001 1500 Classic for a couple of years but sold it before we bought our new house. I bought a 2006 Nomad on the weekend before Father's Day this year. I like this bike even more than the Classic. I look forward to talking to everybody. Be safe,
Pappy

08-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Hy Pappy! Welcome aboard!!

Nico

bear
08-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I just signed onto this forum and I think it is great. I've been waiting for someone to open a Nomad site and I really appreciate the work you put into this Trip.
I traded my '98 Valkyrie for an '06 Nomad back in May of '06. Its black and chrome and makes me smile every time I step over the saddle and start her up. My wife calls her my girlfriend and she's probably right. This is my 14th bike since I started riding in '69 and the best yet. Keep up the good work and thanks for getting this site started!

08-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Bear... we been waitin' for ya.... glad ya made it!!!

socwkbiker
08-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Welcome all! Grab the cold beverage of your choice from the cooler here and enjoy yourselves!

lw
08-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Welcome DogDoc, Vixen, Pappy, Bear and anyone I missed in the last few days. As socwkbiker said, the fridge is over there, make yourselves at home.

unwind2
08-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Welcome to all I may have missed. I like seeing that the member numbers are always more when I come into the board from when I last visited. ??? ?wordy sentence?...short version -membership keeps growing. :)

trip
08-02-2007, 08:38 PM
<<<Trip, I take that same route when I go see my family in Eldon, MO. (Now you gotta look up that little town just to satisfy your curiosity).>>>

I did! Had to find out where it was. I must admit, I didn't know. Of course, I've only scaled Missouri on I-44 and I-55. I used to go through Arkansas, swing by memphis, then head North on I-55. But, the Okie route is 45 minutes shorter.

trip
08-02-2007, 08:40 PM
<<<Trip: I rode to Purcell, OK to visit my bro who rides a 2006 Nomad and my brother-in-law who rides a H-D. Did you make it to ROT-rally in Austin this year? We had a blast here in Austin. Doc >>>

dogdoc,
Didn't get to go to ROT rally this year. Hopefully next year. Maybe we could all ride to Austin next year?

trip
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
pappy and bear,
Welcome to the KawaNOW message forum. Kick your boots off, grab a cold one out of the fridge and sit a while.

Trip

blowndodge
08-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I have a nice super cold "Jeremiah Weed" Bourbon liqueur 100 proof and the Angel game on tonight. Hope Bonds doesn't deliver tonight!!

trip
08-03-2007, 08:24 AM
<<<I have a nice super cold "Jeremiah Weed" Bourbon liqueur 100 proof and the Angel game on tonight. Hope Bonds doesn't deliver tonight!! >>>

JD/Coke and I have watched many a ballgame together.

Be happy the Giants aren't trading all the good players away like the Rangers are currently doing. But, when you look at the standings, they're both in last place.

dip
08-04-2007, 11:34 AM
bluetongue - doing well for most part; have some sleepless nights occassionally...right about now i'm so bored i would be willing to borrow someone else's arm, shoulder and hand if i could get a ride off of it.

welcome all i haven't met/seen yet. special howda ya do to vixen. thought about 900 initially but took a test ride in daytona earlier this year and realized i would have wanted to step it up in a year; figured i would go ahead and get the nomad - especially since specs were pretty similiar to my 750, but larger scale.

uhhh his royalness ...macho nico - i guess if i still had my 750 i might not even be allowed to post, maybe just read huh? smile

08-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Well you are a Nomad owner...... so no hypotheticals! :)

blowndodge
08-04-2007, 11:36 PM
<<<I have a nice super cold "Jeremiah Weed" Bourbon liqueur 100 proof and the Angel game on tonight. Hope Bonds doesn't deliver tonight!! >>>

JD/Coke and I have watched many a ballgame together.

Be happy the Giants aren't trading all the good players away like the Rangers are currently doing. But, when you look at the standings, they're both in last place.

JD/coke, Captn & coke. baseball game. We are obviously men with good tastes!!!

dip
08-05-2007, 10:50 AM
nico - you are so right -- said proudly.

jd/coke, capt'n/coke, i have a headache already...i better stick with coke...besides someone has got to be the designated driver.

vulcanvixen
08-05-2007, 12:36 PM
welcome all i haven't met/seen yet. special howda ya do to vixen. thought about 900 initially but took a test ride in daytona earlier this year and realized i would have wanted to step it up in a year; figured i would go ahead and get the nomad - especially since specs were pretty similiar to my 750, but larger scale.

Thanks, Dip. Actually I started on a Shadow 750 loaned to me by a friend until I could get my own bike. I'm a newbie - only been riding since December 2005. I got the 900 July 2006 and have 8,000 miles on it mostly from weekends - can you tell I LOVE TO RIDE?!?!? The rest is history!! I know what you mean......I'm already looking ahead to a bigger bike!!

08-05-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm the "friend" referred to in the above 25+ word post by a non-nomad rider.

dip
08-05-2007, 05:32 PM
ok - it's nice to have friends...nico what is going with karma

socwkbiker
08-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Holy karma killers batdude, someone is smiting Nico! http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif

Don't worry lugnut, I'm on it. ::) Can't find a cool sidekick anywhere. Anyone know where I can find a hot stripper to be my sidekick? http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif

Don't worry Nico, I am back on patrol and will strive to see your karma rise to the occassion! ;)

08-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Just got back from a ride to La Jolla then up the coast to Oceanside... beautiful day.........

Hot Stripper? Everything is going right over my head now.......

Karma?? Ha ha ha... Karma is for sissies.... Smite me!!!! I love beibng smitten!!

Hot Stripper? :)

trip
08-05-2007, 09:07 PM
<<<Just got back from a ride to La Jolla then up the coast to Oceanside... beautiful day......... >>>

There you go talking about riding through my fav spot on this earth and I'm sittin' here babysitting grandkids. Can you talk about something else at least until tomorrow?.....LOL.

08-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Well I tell ya Trip .... it wasn't all that great....... it was crowded... (lots of girls in bikinis)......... the sound of the crashing waves interferes with the Vance & Hines............. had to circle the block 3 X's to find a parking space..... you really didn't miss much.....

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u272/DrNickDC/LaJolla.jpg

trip
08-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Takes pictures next time you sneak up that way.

I'd be living in San Diego if the cost of living wasn't so high. I love San Diego...always have.

08-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm Amy and have gone by the nickname of Suzukigal. Obviously I don't fit that nick anymore since I own a Nomad. kawgirl works for me. I ride a 2002 Nomad. I just returned from a ride all across Vermont and into the Adirondacks in NY State. Wow, what a ride. I'm glad I stumbled across this forum. Looking forward to sharing and reading about adventures on a Nomad.

blowndodge
08-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Welcome Amy! Sit back and Trip's cooler is over younder.

bluetongue
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Welcome Kawgirl, You never know we my cross paths. I love to ride up in your part of the country

08-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks Guys. I hope to head westward on the bike next summer.
As you can see, I'm having trouble with my sig pic. I must be using the wrong link on photobucket for that part.

bluetongue
08-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Nope you just gotta resize it. Sometimes it works on Photobucket and somtimes you have to resize the original before you upload the pic

lw
08-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Welcome Amy, I'm sure Sharon , Nancy, and V welcome another female to balance out this "unbalanced" crew.

08-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Balanced??? LOL :-*

vulcanvixen
08-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Hiya Amy! Sounds like a nice trip - I love New England - especially in the fall. (I'm originally a Jersey girl) http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

vulcanvixen
08-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Welcome Amy, I'm sure Sharon , Nancy, and V welcome another female to balance out this "unbalanced" crew.

Gotta love it! Four gals 'balance' out the unbalanced rest of ya!!!!!!!! lolol ;) ;) ;) http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

tex
08-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Hello all, Another new member.... Got a bit older and wiser and got of the sport tourers and landed on a 2000 Nomad Fi. Best change I made. Can ride all day with any bits starting to hurt except the "smile" Great bike

dharris
08-07-2007, 04:38 AM
Hey Kawa girl glad to another new member from this side of the country...Welcome

trip
08-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Welcome kawgirl and tex to the KawaNOW forum. You guys make yourselves at home and as blowndodge so appli put it....the cooler is over yonder.

kawgirl, the female list is growing here on KawaNOW. Be sure and meet dip, unwind2 and vulcan vixen.

tex, since I'm from Texas and you're from Australia, I'd love to know how you got your nickname.

Trip

tex
08-07-2007, 06:34 AM
;)Hey Trip well I was born in Carthage East Texas,Left when I was young But the nickname has always stayed...... Helps being 6'5" for the everythings bigger jokes too.

trip
08-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Dayum tex....Carthage is right down the road from me. I hail from Dallas originally, but have lived in the Tyler/Lindale area for the past 35 years. Small world.

rflnomad
08-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey all. Don and Donna here. 2005 Galaxy Silver and Ebony Nomad. Live down here in Flori-duh, where sweating, low wages, high taxes, and people use bikers as merging lanes!
Glad to be a member of a ALL Nomad group. I love mine and hope to meet all here soon.
Be careful out there.

trip
08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the KawaNOW forum, rflnomad. You and Donna make yourselves at home. Glad to have you as part of the group.

Trip

dip
08-07-2007, 09:09 PM
welcome kawgirl - us girls are so happy your here and the guys ...well we try...but it will help to have another lady around they are a handful...:) hey vv - i'm originally from jersey too - what part?

i'm starting to envision a kawanow ladies ride ...

08-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks dip. I look forward to having fun on here. Yeah, what part of Jersey are you gals from? I was at my friend's house in Red Bank before we zipped off to Vermont.

lw
08-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the group Don & Donna. Find a seat anywhere. Post early and often.

lw
08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Welcome Tex. I think you're the 2nd entrant from the land of Oz.

vulcanvixen
08-08-2007, 12:58 AM
welcome kawgirl - us girls are so happy your here and the guys ...well we try...but it will help to have another lady around they are a handful...:) hey vv - i'm originally from jersey too - what part?

i'm starting to envision a kawanow ladies ride ...

Born in Hoboken but grew up in Rockaway (Morris County) about 45 minutes from the PA border and Delaware Water Gap. Moved out here to SoCal 22 years ago. Spent lots of time at the Jersey shore (Tom's River, Seaside Heights, etc). Lived in Elizabeth for a couple of years. Then landed back in my birth town when I was working in Manhattan.

How about you? Where ya from?

And, FOR SURE, a KawaNowGals ride would be way fun - count me in!!!!!!!!!!

vulcanvixen
08-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Thanks dip. I look forward to having fun on here. Yeah, what part of Jersey are you gals from? I was at my friend's house in Red Bank before we zipped off to Vermont.

Love the covered bridge and trees! Been out here in SoCal for so long I forget how green it is back East!!! Nice riding........

08-08-2007, 06:08 AM
I was born in Charleston, WV. We moved when I was 2 but have always gone back through the years. I grew up in Orangeburg, SC and lived in SC until 8 years ago when I moved to NC.
Part of our ride back to NJ was through the Delaware Gap area. Stopped at Dingman's Falls before cruising on to NJ. It was a great trip. Yeah.........a KawaNowGals road trip!!!!

dharris
08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
KawGirl...What route did you take to Vermont?

Todd
08-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey kawgirl..I didnt pick up that you were from Greenville...was just down there last week and ate a little Barbeque (OOH..thats 2 postings mentioning Barbeque)...anyway, I am in Greensboro ... If you are up this way or planning, let me know...maybe we can ride some then or when I get back down to East Carolina Country.

08-09-2007, 07:41 PM
That sounds like a great plan to me Todd. I may be heading your direction in October. A few guys from my riding group and I had planned to go to NYC to ride the Concrete Canyon Run again but it was cancelled. We're meeting tomorrow night to decide what we want to do instead. We may end up in WVa to ride. I have family all over there. The rest of our group is heading to M. Beach for the fall rally. I really don't care about going to it. If we end up in the mountains of NC, I'll let you know and you can join us if you like.

Todd
08-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Very cool...we'll have to get together....I went to spring rally down in Myrtle this year for Mon/Tue/Wed/ came home Thursday when it was getting way crowded...I usually end up in mountains somewhere on the weekends when I ride..only about an hour or so away from home ;....I am thinking of riding to work in Raleigh tomorrow...Have to make sure my A/C is working!!! ;)

08-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah, my A/C was not working for our ride to the Kinston Indians game Saturday afternoon. Whew. Ride safe and stay as cool as you can.

08-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Hey dharris, I just saw your post. I trailered the bike to NJ. To get there, I took 64 to 95 to 301 up to I-195 then the NJ turnpike. I considered going through your area, but took the other route instead. To get to Vermont, we took the Garden State Parkway to N787 then to East 7 into Bennington. I may have missed naming a road in there, but that's the basic route we took.

unwind2
08-14-2007, 02:39 AM
kawagirl - I'm in TN but did some travel nursing for a while. I was in Burlington VT one summer - with my bike and then I was in Greeenville NC working at Pitt -with my bike - stayed there 9 months. Too bad didn't have this board then, we could have probably met up for a ride.

PS - all new members - WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-14-2007, 03:37 AM
Wow. That is too bad. I'll be up in the Dragon area the first weekend in October. (3rd-7th). How far are you from there? I'm too lazy to look at the map right now. We're going to stay in Maggie Valley and ride out from there to different directions.

09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
hi every one....I'm nico's wife sue...I am the nomad passenger w/the broken ribs & wrist!! i'm feeling better....thanx 4 all the well wishes!! feel like i know quite a few of you thru reading the boards! looking forward to reading & posting more!

scion0
09-07-2007, 06:25 AM
hi every one....I'm nico's wife sue...I am the nomad passenger w/the broken ribs & wrist!! i'm feeling better....thanx 4 all the well wishes!! feel like i know quite a few of you thru reading the boards! looking forward to reading & posting more!

Glad to hear you're doing better.

trip
09-07-2007, 06:35 AM
suennico,
I'm glad to hear you're healing up. And welcome to the KawaNOW forum.

Trip

socwkbiker
01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
We have so many new member that I thought it would be a good idea to bring this to the front. I'm going to ask Trip to pin it to the first page so all new members can put their info in here.

donoller
01-11-2008, 02:31 PM
welcome to all on this board trip does a fine job