PDA

View Full Version : Algona Freedom Rally

phenrichs
03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Anybody go to this? I have some friends that are going and want us to join them. Not much info on their website regarding what is available for facilities. I know you camp and no outside firewood is allowed. I have heard that there are food vendors and stuff but what other than the bands goes on there?
Wife may be pregnant again so we may not be able to do Custer for financial reasons. Thinking that Algona may save us some coin since it is only 2 hours away and $95 all inclusive camping, beer, and bands for the weekend.

I am still working hard to make Custer the goal though. Keeping my fingers crossed.

cactusjack
03-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Anybody go to this? I have some friends that are going and want us to join them. Not much info on their website regarding what is available for facilities. I know you camp and no outside firewood is allowed. I have heard that there are food vendors and stuff but what other than the bands goes on there?
Wife may be pregnant again so we may not be able to do Custer for financial reasons. Thinking that Algona may save us some coin since it is only 2 hours away and $95 all inclusive camping, beer, and bands for the weekend.

I am still working hard to make Custer the goal though. Keeping my fingers crossed.

They know what causes that now, OP. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

phenrichs
03-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Hell I knew what caused it then. I let down my guard and she snuck up on me while I was sleepin.

chainsaw
03-02-2009, 05:48 PM
You wish.

abbo
03-02-2009, 07:08 PM
OP- I have not been in the campground since it moved to Algona. Attended a few times when it was at Humboldt. Usual activities inside campground that 1 associates with maybe up to 10000 bikers and alcohol!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif Last couple years i think attendance has been lower. Vendors are out and about in town. Personally I think I would save money some way and go to Custer. Just ain't the same as the early years. Wherever you go have fun and be safe. Abbo :)

phenrichs
03-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks. My wife is supposed to work the 4th anyway and we already have plans and reservations for custer. We have the money saved it is just a matter of deciding if we want to spend it or save it for the kid.
I want to go to Custer.

schoeney
03-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Congrats on the pregnancy but you will be spending enough on the kid for the next 20-30 years.....Enjoy the ride to Custer.

phenrichs
03-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Well she will be about six months pregnant and isn't sure she will want to ride so we may be there without the Nomad but I am still working out the particulars with her on if we are going and for how long.

waterman
03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
OP, Trailer the Nomad and let her have the car. Kill two birds with one stone.

Cajunrider
03-04-2009, 10:49 PM
OP, Trailer the Nomad and let her have the car. Kill two birds with one stone.

Now that my man is a plan.....