PDA

View Full Version : WTB stock seat for Nomad 1600

dandolfn
02-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Looking for stock seat for 2008 Nomad 1600. I believe 2005-2008 are the same.

Only need it so I can get it modified. I don't want to send in my existing seat and be without my bike for a couple of weeks.

Top Cat
02-11-2009, 11:35 PM
PM sent

dandolfn
02-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Didn't get it yet....

e-mail is dandolfn@embarqmail.com

dandolfn
02-12-2009, 04:56 AM
My fault. On another board, you get a message that a PM has been posted. I was waiting for that. Didn't realize I could go right to the PMs.

Anyway, yes, I'm interested.

Shoot me a figure.

radco
02-12-2009, 10:52 AM
IMO when you redo the seat,, remove the wedge on the back of the drivers seat.. it will give you alittle more room,,, Get a Gel Pad and notch a section out in the seat foam..... Cover with memory foam. I did 1/2" I think 1' would have been better on my 1500...... if you add more foam you may have to shave the seat abit so as not to raise you... I am tall so the thicker seat was good for me, PLUS Im getting a taller winshield :)..... Just my 2 cents,,,,,Rich

Top Cat
02-12-2009, 10:58 AM
dandolfn
I sent you an email as requested.
You should get a message window when you sign on to this site if you have a PM. Maybe your profile is not set up that way.

Radco
I messed with the one I bought 4 different times. Did the back part as you suggested and still could not get it the way I wanted. I think a professional upholster is the way to go.

ridemslow
02-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Took mine(stocker) to a local car upholstery shop, paid the guy 125.00 and I'd put the finished product up to a Mustang. IMO. Looking at the seat now, you would think it came off of a 1600 Classic, by it's new shape. It made it a lot easier on my big arse. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

dandolfn
02-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Well, my second hand seat should be on its way to MeanCityCycles.

It's going to run $140 plus freight to have it re-done.

Hopefully, they'll do as good a job on this one as they did on the one for my last bike.

Cajunrider
02-18-2009, 11:07 PM

Hopefully, they'll do as good a job on this one as they did on the one for my last bike.

Dan, My passenger seat came back from MCC last night. I installed it and my wife likes it. She feels like she is sitting higher. This foam won't mat down like the stock foam did. It's really firm. I'll let you know more after a long ride. I will have my seat done. Valdez sold me his stock seat. It will arrive next Tuesday.

Top Cat
02-19-2009, 12:33 AM

It's really third hand , but whose counting http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif ;)

dandolfn
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
It's really third hand , but whose counting

LOL!

Well, it's still on the way to me and for me it will be brand new! Should be here Tues or Wed.

I'm sure looking forward to it!

dandolfn
02-24-2009, 04:25 PM
TopCat was nice enough to send the stock seat directly to Mean City Cycles.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/index.php

Unlike the seats for the C50 which I had done in gray, I stayed with the stock black for my red/black Nomad.

The seat came by FedEx this afternoon while I was already out riding. Put it on and went back out for another 20-30 minutes. The seat sure fits my butt better than the stock seat!

The real test will come when I ride for an hour or two.

To be fair to Kawasaki, tho, the stock seat on the Nomad is tons better than the stock seat on the C50.

I'd post a picture, but since it's the stock pan and the stock cover, you really can't see any difference from the stock seat.

I can, well, my butt can feel the difference tho!

TopCat, thanks again for your help.