PDA

View Full Version : Kawanow.org site issues

Todd
01-30-2009, 09:56 PM
The service that is hosting Kawanow.org seems to be having some intermittent problems with connection to the net. Trip is traveling and has spoken with them and there is really nothing that can be done on his or Jeff's end anyway at this point. Hopefully those problems will be resolved ASAP.

In the meantime, I suggest that if you don't have it already bookmarked...once you get to the login page for proboards http://kawanow.proboards77.com ... that you bookmark it so you do not have to go through Kawanow.org.

dabull
01-30-2009, 10:15 PM
nice update...thx todd

landman
01-31-2009, 12:01 AM
thanks todd.

Cajunrider
01-31-2009, 12:09 AM
One thing I found out is if the individual boards won't open when you left click on them, try right clicking and then selecting "open in new window". That has been working for me.

rksaw
01-31-2009, 04:41 AM
Thanks Todd,
I wish that I had know that last night when I tried to log in through KawaNOW.
RIch

dkdixie
01-31-2009, 06:49 AM
If you aren't familiar with it, check out www.roboform.com. (http://www.roboform.com.) I'm not a computer geek but RoboForm is a password manager, form filler FREE program with some neat features that will take you right to start pages like on this forum. RoboForm will assign random passwords or you select. Also, can put shortcut on your desktop with direct log-in capability.
CNET & PC World rate it as one of their top programs.

Idaho
01-31-2009, 09:01 AM
I've had problems recently contacting a friend in Boise who uses T-Mobile. She claims that she has sent me an email directly and I called her number several times but no connection. Now the KawaNOW site is having connection issues. I think the Gremlins are getting restless and this is a bigger problem than we realize. The beginning of the end.

trip
01-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Hi Guys........

My thanks to Todd for helping in the situation. I've been gone to St. Louis for the past four days attending my son's wedding. I just got back late last night. When I logged in, I found that the KawaNOW website server was down, that is why some of the graphics wouldn't display on the forum and why the website wouldn't come up.

After checking with Dave, the guy that hosts everything for me, everything is now up and running normally. I don't know what the problem was, but now it's fixed. This is only the second time his server has been down in over three years, so, I'd say that's pretty good uptime stats. Dave has let me know that he will be upgrading the operating system on the server over the next week to prevent any further outages in the future (See the post I made in the Non-Nomad section).

Over the past year, I've gotten emails from some of you asking if the KawaNOW forum was up because you couldn't log on -or- you could log on, but couldn't get in certain areas.

In looking at every case reported to me, I've found that the problem varied. Some couldn't log on because the internet was down in their particular area. There were times when some couldn't log on because a major hop in the internet was down. There were also times when some couldn't get on because their account was locked out on the forum (this usually happens when someone tries to logon too many times with the wrong password). And, I've also had some that were actually logging on with the wrong password and figured it out.

If you experience problems logging on in the future, check the ID and Password you are using, make sure they are correct and then check to make sure your internet is up in your area.

Thanks,
Trip

roseman
01-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks Todd,
I wish that I had know that last night when I tried to log in through KawaNOW.
RIch

Thought it was something like that. Most providers don't include redundancy or high-availability in their service. For the price for non-mission critical things, it is not worth it.

hollywood
02-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Trip - I gave the website home page to a fellow nomad rider and he told me he had problems getting to the forums page. Everytime he tried to switch to the forums it would send him somewhere completely off base. He was doing this from the Kawanow home page. I emailed him the direct link to the forums and we'll see what happens
Thanks Hollywood

hollywood
02-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Oh hell never mind Trip - I just read the explanations on the off topic thread. my bad.......
Hollywood

rksaw
02-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Trip,
Congrats on your son's wedding. You're allowed a few days off to be a proud dad!!!
Rich