PDA

View Full Version : Lost a good friend today.

waterman
01-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Just got a call from my brother. A good friend of ours passed away this morning. He went in for surgery on his ankle yesterday and died from a blood clot this morning.

Stayed at his place during deer hunting season for many years. Always had a good time. He was a big (and I mean big) man with a heart that was just as big.

Many good memories of him. He was with me when I shot my biggest buck. He always had to take the new guy out with him to show them the ropes of hunting in his backyard.

You will be missed my friend.

jd01
01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers to him and his family. Those blood clots can be a thing that is not expected in something like that. I know, I lost my dad to an unforeseen blood clot the morning after he had prostate surgery 22 years ago. Blessings.

coacha
01-21-2009, 06:53 PM
waterman, sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like you had a great friend, the kind that would give you the shirt off his back or be there for you in times of trouble. My thoughts are with you my friend.

kawgirl
01-21-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

ells
01-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Joel,

My condolences. That has to leave an emptiness that is difficult. I've heard that clots are a big concern during otherwise routine surgery, one just never knows. Another reminder to make the best of the good times when we have them.

radco
01-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend,,

Yellow Jacket
01-23-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. My heart and prayers go out to all of his family and friends.

dabull
01-23-2009, 08:51 PM
sorry to hear of your loss....my prayers for his family and friends have went out...

landman
01-24-2009, 12:02 AM
very sorry to hear of your loss waterman.

Cajunrider
01-26-2009, 05:08 AM
Joel, I'm very sorry about your loss. My prayers go out to you and his family. God bless.

Mitch

oldbikers
01-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry for your loss good friends are hard to come by our prayers are with you and his family

cheriann
02-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Joel, I'm just seeing this, and I am so very sorry on the loss of your friend!

rickyboy
02-16-2009, 12:19 PM
My deepest condolences to you and of course his family.

Netnorske
02-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Waterman,
Good friends are hard to come by and even harder to lose. My prayers to your family and his.

Regards, Kris

radco
02-19-2009, 08:19 AM
WOW sorry to see this as well. Man its been a bad time for you.. I just lost my brother in law last month and 2 days later my dad died.. alot to take in ,, Prayers again out to you and the family,,,Rich

rksaw
02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Joel,
Just wanted to check in to see how you were doing and how the family of your friend was. I hope that you've had some (more) time to reflect on your friendship and memories.
Rich

radco
02-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Joel,
Just wanted to check in to see how you were doing and how the family of your friend was. I hope that you've had some (more) time to reflect on your friendship and memories.
Rich
Im doing pretty good,, Stacy is doing very good, is walikng with help.. talks ,, but isnt 10% yet,, she gets confused alot,, but after a short break shes back on track,, so the Doc says all that is normal,, and her healing is good .. As for my Brother in law and Father, both were creamated,, My fatheres ashs will be buried in the spring next to my mother,, still not sure if they will bury my bro inlaws ashs,,, BUT a couple weeks ago, my Ex father in law (were close) had congestive heart failure (if I have the right one) was in the hospital 3 days,had a pace maker put in and is doing OK.. So Feb sucked abit but at least no one died .. Dec and Jan was enough for me... THANKs for asking,,