PDA

View Full Version : Fargo, ND

waterman
01-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Well, I am here for business in North Dakota and found that Mr. Jerry Stearns lived here. Contacted him and told him that I would be in Fargo and would he like to meet and go to dinner some night.

Well, we met up tonight and had a good dinner and great conversation. Jerry is a super person to meet. Thanks again and looking forward to meeting you and the Mrs. in Custer.

By the way, it is cold up here and only going to get colder. The forecast is for -27 F while I am here. Not the coldest I have seen here but right up there. Some forgot to pay the heating bill. ::)

You meet the nicest people on a Nomad.

dabull
01-12-2009, 10:21 PM
it's awesome the way this group gets together....

audiogooroo
01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Cool! :)

cactusjack
01-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Fargo?

...one of my favorite movies, too.

schoeney
01-13-2009, 12:17 AM
I hope Jerry doesn't have a wood chipper in his backyard :'(

dantama
01-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Help me with the logistics, how did you know who lived up there waterman?

Glad you were able to find another member and meet up.

waterman
01-13-2009, 09:47 AM

Dan,

Go to the membership list and they are broken down by state and if listed, by city.

dantama
01-13-2009, 09:51 AM

Dan,

Go to the membership list and they are broken down by state and if listed, by city.

Wow, I forgot we even had it. Cool.

The link is at the top of the in the links under the big KAWANOW and logo, for anyone else in my boat.

rlfaubion
01-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Fargo?

ya darn toot'n!

cactusjack
01-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Fargo?

ya darn toot'n!

Oh, you betcha, ya!

chainsaw
01-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Your right, minus 27 up there this morning. Now I really know why I live in Texas.

pirate
01-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Hey Waterman. Glad that you visited our great state. Sorry you had to visit it during one of the coldest snaps in recent history. We bottomed out here in the NW corner at -42 yesterday morning. Good news is that we're in for a warmup this weekend. It's supposed to be 40 above on Sunday. Nothing like an 80 degree temperatue swing in 4 days!

waterman
01-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey Waterman. Glad that you visited our great state. Sorry you had to visit it during one of the coldest snaps in recent history. We bottomed out here in the NW corner at -42 yesterday morning. Good news is that we're in for a warmup this weekend. It's supposed to be 40 above on Sunday. Nothing like an 80 degree temperatue swing in 4 days!

The cold doesn't really bother me since I grew up with it. It sure seems that this meeting is always held during the coldest weather of the year. Told the administrator to book the conference then change it to the next week. Should get warmer weather then. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif Made it back last night and it was a 70 degree swing in temperatures.

Netnorske
01-16-2009, 10:09 PM

I'm in the middle of planning my 2009 pheasant hunting trip to South Dakota this November. Those -40 temps are gonna decimate the bird population.... :'( :'(

pirate
01-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Kris, the health of all the wildlife is in grave condition right now in ND. There is so much snow that there isn't any way for the animals to find food. The Pheasants Forever chapter here has been doing there best to help the birds. My dad has been feeding some pheasants out at our farm. I'm sure they'd be dead without it.
Deer have been eating ranchers' hay supplies as well, as there is nothing else to eat. It's a tough call, because you have to have hay for your cattle, yet it's tough turning away starving animals.