PDA

View Full Version : Dan up a bridge, me up a Mt

ells
12-29-2008, 08:07 PM
With temperatures in the 50's along the Front Range today, the Colorado group had a good chance to get out, if only individually. Dan has posted his adventure on another thread. I shot up Boulder Canyon seeing if I could get to Nederland. It was clear as a bell all the way and then no problems up the Peak-to-Peak Hwy and down the St Vrain. Only a couple wet spots from melting snow on the side and just a touch of slush at the Peaceful Valley curve. Wind was starting to kick up above 9000 ft.

audiogooroo
12-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Cool! Glad you got out Ells.

waterman
12-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Glad you had fun Ells. Wish I was closer.

dantama
12-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Ells, I was going to call you again, but thought that you'd have to work, and we'd have to ride out on the flats. I didn't dare ride up in the hills. Even yesterday afternoon, there was still ice on the north side of the parking lot at wallgreens, so I didn't think the mountains would work at all. I guess they plow those roads better.

PM me your phone number. I have a dentist appointment at 2:00, but could go for a ride after that, are you going for another ride?

rlfaubion
12-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Sure sounds nice to me :)

cactusjack
12-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Ells, I was going to call you again, but thought that you'd have to work, and we'd have to ride out on the flats. I didn't dare ride up in the hills. Even yesterday afternoon, there was still ice on the north side of the parking lot at wallgreens, so I didn't think the mountains would work at all. I guess they plow those roads better.

PM me your phone number. I have a dentist appointment at 2:00, but could go for a ride after that, are you going for another ride?

Dan, you mean to say you will ride up a narrow bridge span, but won't ride in the hills? http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

dantama
01-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I'll ride a dry bridge before an icy turn; that's what I mean.

cactusjack
01-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I'll ride a dry bridge before an icy turn; that's what I mean.

I knew what you meant, just razzing you a little. I wouldn't ride on ice, either. However, that isn't a problem where I'm at.