PDA

View Full Version : Sat. 12/27 Ride

coacha
12-27-2008, 08:42 PM
We went on a Magical Mystery Tour. The premise of the ride was the first ride leader would take us 30 or so miles on interesting roads from our starting point. The next leader, would only be given the ending point of the previous leg of the ride and start his 30 mile portion of the ride...and so on.

We had 8 segments totaling around 280 miles (some people don't know how many 30 is) and it was really cool (total for me was about 400 counting commute to and from start point). We actually had 2 sets of 2 people pick the same routes. So it ended up being a big loop, lol. But it was still cool getting to see some different roads here. I took a couple pictures...don't have the hang of taking pics while riding yet though and my normal photographer, my wife, is in Ohio visiting. I'll try to post a pic or two for our snowbound friends tomorrow.

I have some frosty beverages to consume now. ;)

dabull
12-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Nice coach:) I know you were looking forward to that ride...i may have to try that out here with my buds:)

Alohs bro

Derry

coacha
12-27-2008, 09:22 PM
One improvement on the set up is to have a non-ride segment leader get all the routes and make sure there is no duplication. He/she would make sure that no significant portion of the ride is using the same routing but would be sworn to not divulge the segments to anyone.

That is the cool part, not knowing where you are going to get up. Of course, you could end up 240 miles from your start point too. But heck, everyone wants to put MILES on their trusty steeds.

dabull
12-27-2008, 10:32 PM
So this is setup a bit before hand....everyone emailed a "start/stop" point, everything put together by the "Trusted Agent", and off you go....that sound about right?

coacha
12-27-2008, 11:13 PM
First ride captain does his segment, second RC gets his start point (1st person's end point) and does his segment, third RC gets his start point (2nd person's end point) and does his segment, and so it goes. If you have the "Trusted Agent" he would verify that the routes aren't the same but won't divulge anyone's route.

Hope that helps. We didn't use the "Trusted Agent" for this one but will probably do that in the future.

The RC's are putting together the entire map of the ride so that if we want to visit any of the areas we saw today, we can easily do it. I know I can't remember half of the roads we were on.

paul
12-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Sounds like ya'll went in search of the lost Fukauwee tribe. Thing is, were you able to answer that age old question? "Where'r the Fukauwee?" http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif ??? http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

coacha
12-28-2008, 09:30 AM
That would be a good ride for the National Rally.