PDA

View Full Version : Vacation 2009

towering
12-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Im planning a trip to Niagara Falls and i want to do the blue ridge also. Could a trip from cherokee nc to niagara fall via the blue ridge plus the skyline drive be done in 3 days ?

Todd
12-27-2008, 11:01 AM
I doubt it......especially if you stop at all....and you will want to stop. Also, speed limit on the Parkway is 45..most go a little faster, but the entire Skyline Drive is 35mph limit if I remember right..but the thing I do remember is that it is heavily patrolled and very full of wildlife.

towering
12-27-2008, 12:23 PM
thanks

fish
12-27-2008, 07:36 PM
From PA. I'm Planning on taking RT.30 in NY up threw the Adirondacks and into Canada then either east to New England states or west to Niagara Fall :-/

dabull
12-27-2008, 08:59 PM
When you get to Niagra, make sure you do the Maid of thr Mist boat ride...you WILL GET WET but it is worth it...

Aloha

Derry

fish
12-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I was there 26 years ago in October and the maiden of the mist wasn't operating that late in the year. This year if we go it will be in July or August

dabull
12-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Its an AWESOME experience, you can feel the power of the falls booming down around you...make sure you take a waterproof camera so ya'll can take a "self-portrait" with the falls crashing sown behind ya's....

skeeter
12-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Can someone please modify their sig pics. This stretched screen makes it harder to read the posts.
I envy the opportunity to do these rides. They are not within my reach... yet. All it takes is time and money.

watchman
01-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Liz and I rode the Parkway and Skyline drive 2 years ago. It took us 3 days to do both but we did not start until after lunch the first day and we stopped a lot for pictures. The parkway and skyline drive has a 45 mph limit strickly enforced.

Top Cat
01-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Can someone please modify their sig pics. This stretched screen makes it harder to read the posts. I envy the opportunity to do these rides. They are not within my reach... yet. All it takes is time and money.

There are a few people on here that have wide sig pics. I have PM'd some and they changed them. I also have been told by some that their pics are fine on other peoples screen so it must be my computer.
I have given up and now just scroll back and forth to read the threads with wide sig pics.

chainsaw
01-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Beside the speed limits let's not forget the RVer's. They will slow things down also.