PDA

View Full Version : T bag compatibility

jll264
07-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Does anybody have any T Bag luggage compatibility issues with the 2006 Nomad backrests? I sent T Bag an email to which they wrote back apologizing about the incompatibility. I would like to see some Nomad owners with a new Super T over the backrest. Thanks for any input!

http://www.tbags.com/mounting.aspx

okienomad
07-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I too found that my T-bag would not accomodate the sissy bar back rest on my 06 Nomad. The wife likes the backrest, so I don't dare do anything to it. Took the T-bag to the local upholstery shop to ask them to cut through the webbing and add a spacer piece such that it would fit around the backrest but they were reluctant to do it. Short on time, I did not argue with them and went on my trip anyway just strapping the T-bag down good. Was hoping that T-bag would modify it for me if I contacted them, but now sounding like that may not be an option.

I plan to do something, just not sure quite what. Went 6500 miles with it strapped down on the luggage rack/back rest, but would feel more secure if I knew it had that material throwed over the backrest.

meierrt
07-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I know exactly what you are describing. In fact, that's how I discovered this web site. Love the wide backrest on my 2007 Nomad, but T-bag that I purchased for prior Honda Shadow definitely will not fit! Your idea of adding webbing may be the best way to go. I wish I had an answer, but just beginning this search myself. Good Luck.

mnbk
07-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Ok I don't have a T Bag but I do have a Nelson Riggs bag from my 1800 Wing. It did not work with the sissy bar either. I went to a shoe repair place and had them sew on some straps to the bag that I wrap around the sissy bar and then snap them back into themselves. Works great and no movement during road trips.

Just what worked for me.

dave....

cactusjack
07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
I had a T-Bags expandable Tahoe bag that did fit. You'd have to squish the backrest pad to get the sleeve over it, but it held tight. The unique shape of the 1600 backrests is a tough fit.

AlabamaNomadRider
07-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Thought we were talking about tea bags on this. I was going to suggest Lipton since I think it is best. Just a little humor here guys so don't shoot me.

Since I do mostly one up riding I have a backpack that I strap on the seat behind me. It works very good and I can pack a lot into it. Of course if my wife took trips with me I would have to consider something else. T Bag might just be an option.

bkmaxvrb
07-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Cajon Rider beat me to it...I was going to mention the Tahoe T-Bag does fit. Like he said, you have to squish, squeeze and play with the backrest cushion to get the sleeve over it but, it will fit and will stay very secure. I normally put the bag on so it sits on the pillion seat and I can rest my back against it on long hauls. I connect the straps around the grab handles and it doesn't go anywhere.

The Tahoe is very nice as it's expandable and has two side pockets as well as an "office" pocket to throw your maps, notes, pens, keys, etc...

Hope it helps and I hope you can find a bag you're happy with.

Russ

usranger74
07-07-2010, 03:50 PM
If your are going to put the pack on the pillion seat, why not take the cushion off the back rest?

ballast
07-09-2010, 03:12 PM
If your are going to put the pack on the pillion seat, why not take the cushion off the back rest?

cause we want it to fit and rest on the rack cause my wife refuses to ride on the rack.

notice the link above has a nomad in the picture.

duneseven
07-10-2010, 05:15 PM
The KURYAKYN FULL DRESSER BY BAGTECH has a velcro tube that can be adjusted for any sissy bar including the NOMAD. The bags internal hard frame assures it holds it's shape plus an extendable handle for pulling it on the wheels is nice. This eliminates all that weight.There are lots of exterior pockets for maps water bottles etc and various additional tie down straps make it a great bag.

firemanbrent
07-10-2010, 06:11 PM
the full dresser is my bag... it is awesome! strap it to the sissy bar and its not going anywhere! would definitely recommend it!

usranger74
07-10-2010, 07:00 PM
http://motorcycle-luggage.com/Merchant2/....roduct _Count=2 (http://motorcycle-luggage.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MLK4140&Category_Code=Cruisers&Product_Count=2)

Web site that sells the Full Dresser with good description of what it is or will do.

Netnorske
07-10-2010, 07:32 PM
There are several Kuryakyn Bags that will work just fine. When I first bought my Nomad before I went with a trunk, I had the Kury Gran Tour Bag. Worked great on the backrest! It had a large wrap-around velcro flap that fit just about anything....and some great tie-down straps to really secure it.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo187/netnorske/mtbaker2.jpg

boomerang2120
07-12-2010, 06:55 PM
My 1500 came with older model FLH T-Bags from the last owner. I noticed the T-Bag site says they must fit snug over the backrest. There is no way this is a snug fit on the 1500 backrest. Anybody have experience with the FLH model on a "too small" backrest?

trip
07-14-2010, 08:38 PM
No matter what T-Bag you have, if it has adjustable straps, there's no need to slip anything over the sissy bar backrest. Just strap it to your side bars and fender brace.

Just my 2 centavos worth.

Idaho
07-14-2010, 10:16 PM
After I bought my Nomad I went looking for luggage with no luck. A trip back to the dealer that I bought the bike from solved the problem. They sell Tour Master and had a bag that looked like it would work. They let me check the fit over the backrest before I bought it and I found that it worked just fine.

The bag also has a roll type of bag that zippers to the top and secures with snaps on the side. My only complaint is that when it is strapped to the pillion the roll bag on top has a tendency to sag to the back. I fix that with a strap over the top of the roll to hold it in place.

Lots of room. side pockets. rain fly if needed.

Mine is made of heavy cordura nylon. This is only model that I can find online that is close. Nice bags.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/Cruiser-II-Sissybar-Bag-XL-p-118_17.html

nomad72
07-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Last winter I looked at several different makes and models. The best I found was the T bag. Quality is great but it is tight on the backrest. I also emailed t bag and there answer was that it didn't fit. I bought a discontinued model that was nonreturnable. Crossed my fingers and it worked out great.

Would recommend T bag . Read their reviews they are great and customer service seems second to none.