PDA

View Full Version : Rider magazine Rally

shnyroq
12-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Just found this from Rider magazine - should be fun!

Save the date! If everything comes together, on April 17-19, 2009, Rider will be putting on a three-day motorcycle rally to commemorate the magazine’s 35th anniversary in 2009. Because it’s our birthday celebration, Rider Rally 35 will take place right in our own backyard in Ventura, California, at the Ventura Fairgrounds, within a stone’s throw of the Pacific ocean. The surrounding Southern California area has some great riding, and scenic Ventura is a terrific vacation destination in its own right, so this should be an ideal spot to stage a full lineup of demo rides, guided and self-guided tours, seminars, a vendor expo, terrific food and entertainment and, of course, lots of prize giveaways. The Rider staff, all of our great contributors and some other big names in motorcycling will be there to lead rides and meet our readers, too.

Ventura's my town, so I'll certainly be there!

cactusjack
12-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm about 7 hours away. I may give this some thought.

dantama
12-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I'd probably enjoy a Rider magazine rally better than all the others that are mostly harley oriented rallies.

A few year back Motorcycle Cruiser had a ride in Southern Utah, not a rally, just a ride with the editors. I wanted to go to that, but couldn't get out of a work commitment. That was back when that magazine still had the good ones there :)

shnyroq
12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
That's what I was thinking - should be much better than a brand-specific event...

chainsaw
12-05-2008, 05:00 PM
I've been to a Rider Rally. Really enjoyed them.

nomad561
12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
I'll be in the area around that time. I might just have to drop by.