PDA

View Full Version : Talked to Dan Today

11-17-2008, 02:28 AM
I sold my Nomad to member ronrico. He's a good friend of mine from work and a really great guy. I talked to Danlund today and he had a good idea that I could drive out to colorado and rent a bike next summer so we can go for a ride again. I would like to do that.

audiogooroo
11-17-2008, 04:29 AM
If you don't have one in the stable, then renting is the next best thing for sure. Looking forward to riding with you again man.
You still coming to the Rally next June?

dantama
11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
That ride with Wolfman, Ells, and Audio last summer was a highlight of the summer. I was bummed that Wolfman sold his because I was looking forward to part II this summer.

Lets hope that it does happen again, last time I did it on a bike that wasn't mine, this time Wolfman can :)

rksaw
11-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Wolf,
Are you going to get another ride?
Rich

11-17-2008, 08:12 PM
AG: I'm not sure if I'm comming to the rally or not. Its still a possibility.

RKSAW: For now I'm not getting another bike. The main reason I sold it was because the Nomad was taking up most of my spare time and I felt I needed to do more family oriented activites with as young as my boys are.

dantama
11-17-2008, 09:01 PM
AG: I'm not sure if I'm comming to the rally or not.........

Can your wife still come? ;) http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif

audiogooroo
11-17-2008, 09:56 PM
You know that internal mechanism we all have that prevents us from saying things that others may find offensive?
Dan was born without it! LOL :)

cactusjack
11-17-2008, 11:45 PM
You know that internal mechanism we all have that prevents us from saying things that others may find offensive?
Dan was born without it! LOL :)

Evidently. ::)

11-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Hey that may be a win/win. ya'll can enjoy her company and I can get her out of the house for a week http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif

blowndodge
11-18-2008, 09:29 AM
SOLD!!!! err...sorry............sure.......she can come and stay with me in Custer.....I guess.... http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

waterman
11-18-2008, 09:41 AM

RKSAW: For now I'm not getting another bike. The main reason I sold it was because the Nomad was taking up most of my spare time and I felt I needed to do more family oriented activites with as young as my boys are.

kudo's to you Wolfman. When the kids are that young, family first or you could find a good sidecar rig to take the entire family out.

dantama
11-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Making note to self, don't make make comments about Audio's and cactus's wives :)

rksaw
11-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Making note to self, don't make make comments about ANYONE'S wife :)

Good show, ole' boy, jolly good show.

dantama
11-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Making note to self, don't make make comments about ANYONE'S wife :)

Good show, ole' boy, jolly good show.

I'll compromise, anyone's BUT wolfman's :)

audiogooroo
11-18-2008, 11:10 PM

kudo's to you Wolfman. When the kids are that young, family first or you could find a good sidecar rig to take the entire family out.
+1
I told Wolfman about how I went bikeless for about 15 years when my boys were young. If I could have afforded to keep a bike I would have, but instead I took my sons camping, fishing, Disneyland, built things with them on the weekends, etc. Priceless memories and they have all turned out to be much better men than I'll ever be. ;)
I always knew I would have another scoot one day though. I only have one son left at home (he's 17, bought my Nomad when he was 12) and we still spend alot of time together, but it's much easier to take off for 4 or 5 days to a rally at this age than when he was 5.
Way to go Wolf. I have the highest respect for good fathers.
We'll still find a way to hang out whether we're riding or not.

audiogooroo
11-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Making note to self, don't make make comments about Audio's and cactus's wives :)
Heh heh heh... http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

dantama
11-19-2008, 12:18 AM
I agree that spending time with kids when they are young is important. If it can be done and keep a bike, super.

For me, I didn't do more than day trips when they were young, then after my divorce, I had custody and could only do weekend trips during her weekend.

Now I'm an empty nester and go when I want, as long as I want :)

Kids change very fast, Wolfies kids will be in high school before he knows it.

I predict that bikes are in his blood now, and he'll figure out how to balance family and a bike. That might preclude rallies though. Of course I may be wrong, but that's what I'd place my money on :)

redeye
11-19-2008, 01:45 PM
When Anita & I were married back in 1968, I had to give up my Harley to attend to family matters too. It took only 40 years (Dec '07) to get back in the saddle again. We will celebrate our 40th anniversary Next August.

Spence, Take responsibly to focus on your family & kids, you will rewarded with a great marriage & family life.

From one trucker to another, Please stay in touch....-Rich

ells
11-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Wolf, Yeah, being addicted to a web site and a ride at the same time can eat up some time away from other things. Sure hope you stick around here some though. Interesting thing is over the past year or so we heard from many of us about coming back to riding after years away for various reasons but I believe you have the distinction of being the first to share with the group the exit side. Understandable that it would be a little difficult. Buddy of mine with a couple young ones did the same thing several years ago but will be back into someday. If you get over this way, we'll hook you up with a couple wheels and we'll roll a bit, as Dan suggests.

rickyboy
11-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey Wolfman, I don't mean to butt in here. I'm a bit of an outsider here. The subject line caught my eye, as I had been wondering how Dan had made out at the hospital.

I did much the same thing. I quit while my 5 grew up. I'm sure you'll miss the bike at times, but not such a hard thing to do for your kids. I hope you stick your nose into the site from time to time. You and your comments will be/are missed. I have noticed that a lot of you "southwest guys" aren't on the general board much these days. What's the deal with that? I mean it's your business, I was just wondering. I've found the whole site a little quiet lately.

Good luck Wolfman..... and I hope you're feeling well Dan and maybe "they" helped you in the Hosp. I hope everyone will be at the rally in June. I'm looking fwd. to meeting you guys.
best regards
Rick

cactusjack
11-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey Wolfman, I don't mean to butt in here. I'm a bit of an outsider here. The subject line caught my eye, as I had been wondering how Dan had made out at the hospital.

I did much the same thing. I quit while my 5 grew up. I'm sure you'll miss the bike at times, but not such a hard thing to do for your kids. I hope you stick your nose into the site from time to time. You and your comments will be/are missed. I have noticed that a lot of you "southwest guys" aren't on the general board much these days. What's the deal with that? I mean it's your business, I was just wondering. I've found the whole site a little quiet lately.

Good luck Wolfman..... and I hope you're feeling well Dan and maybe "they" helped you in the Hosp. I hope everyone will be at the rally in June. I'm looking fwd. to meeting you guys.
best regards
Rick

That's because we're still out riding. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

lw
11-27-2008, 08:02 PM

Sarah became the "center of the universe" the day she was born and is very much the "Daddy's Girl". I didnt get the urge to start riding until Dear Daughter was old enough to ride with me; and I'm fortunate that she enjoys riding with me on the Nomad.

As much as you'll miss riding, the time spent with your kids will return dividends that far outweigh the investment. Your decision puts you way up there on the parenting scale. If more kids had fathers with such a high "give a darn factor" as to place their kids ahead of their own personal wants as you have, our world would be a better place.

audiogooroo
11-27-2008, 09:46 PM

Sarah became the "center of the universe" the day she was born and is very much the "Daddy's Girl". I didnt get the urge to start riding until Dear Daughter was old enough to ride with me; and I'm fortunate that she enjoys riding with me on the Nomad.

As much as you'll miss riding, the time spent with your kids will return dividends that far outweigh the investment. Your decision puts you way up there on the parenting scale. If more kids had fathers with such a high "give a darn factor" as to place their kids ahead of their own personal wants as you have, our world would be a better place.
+1

rksaw
11-28-2008, 03:11 AM
+2

djh
11-28-2008, 04:16 AM
+1 Wolfman you're alright in my book. Family First! Your kids are only young once enjoy your time together as a family. There will be time enough to enjoy riding again . All The Best to your Family. DJ

waterman
11-29-2008, 05:21 PM

Well said LW.

11-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone :)

rlfaubion
12-02-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry to hear of you selling your bike Wolf, but only for my own selfishness. I can't argue with your reasoning, and you have a lifetime to ride, so it's all good. Hope to see ya around though.