PDA

View Full Version : Took nice ride today

schoeney
11-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Well we found a hidden little treausure today. Took a short 175 miler today.

Took HWY 224 south out of Portland, great highway along the Clackamas River to Detroit Lake....out standing jewel that I would like to do again in the summer. Lots of shade due to trees....very scenic and nice twisties and very little traffic.

Return trip was scheduled to be HWY 214 from Hwy 22....rolling farm country in the valley...wide open spaces. But fog started rolling in so we beat feet home on the super slab (I-5).

Started out just me and one other but grew into 5 of us...fun time!

schoeney
11-17-2008, 12:39 AM
oooops.....I lied it was 230 miles not 175.

Netnorske
11-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Sounds like you had as fine a day as BigJohn and I.....awesome unexpected treat, eh? Excellent! I have been to Detroit Lake once camping....but I was just a kid. I do remember it being very nice up that way.

rksaw
11-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Sounded like fun. I had to ride up to Eugene yesterday to visit a guy in the hospital. I was pleased to see just how many bikes were out on the road, but I do have to agree with you, once that fog rolled in it was down-right chilly.

schoeney
11-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Glad to see we all took our mistresses out!

bigjohn
11-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Yep, both of 'em.

rksaw
11-29-2008, 08:15 PM
I had a funeral to do this morning for the grandfather of one of my teens, but after that my son and I took "Scarlett" out for a two hour cruise. It was enjoyable and allowed time for Andrew and I to be together.

I had been reflecting on another thread in the Southwestern Regions Board, and to be able to ride while spending time with my son was a great way to do something enjoyable together.

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index.cgi?board=southwest&action=display&thread=7818&page=1

Rich