PDA

View Full Version : MS, LA, TX ride

zoom45
11-16-2008, 07:31 PM
We planned a long Novemeber ride but only made 1200 miles due to changing weather conditions. We first went to Biloxi then from there to Dallas and back to Jackson. The worst part of the trip was from Biloxi to Dallas. It rained on us (and hard too) all the way down I-10 and up I-49 through Louisiana. I also didn't see anything in Louisiana that would make me want to go back. Once we hit the Texas state line on I-20 the sun came out but it was cold. We made it to Dallas and went to the motorcycle show which was great! Driving in Dallas sure is hard to find the right exit for the convention center. I think we made 4 passes before we finally found the right road to take. The ride that day was very cold and we had a 35mph wind all day. Since the weather was not the best anywhere for riding we just came back home today. I think I need to wait for the warmer days. The show made the ride worth the time.
Zoom45

skeeter
11-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Home safe counts for a lot.

dantama
11-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Sometimes I wish I didn't have a passion that was so weather dependant. The ride you describe, and the same one when it's 70 degrees and sunny is such a different ride.

Wish the weather was more cooperative for you.

zoom45
11-17-2008, 12:03 PM
I wish it was warmer. We wanted to go to San Antonio and maybe further out west but the weather channel was saying it was going to be just as cold all over. 50 degrees is not too bad but when you ride it for 8-12 hours a day (with windy conditions) it's colder than it sounds and gets old pretty quick. My wife even said she was cold and she normally doesn't complain.
Zoom45