PDA

View Full Version : I am watching you guys!!

schoeney
10-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Just wanted you to know I have been checking this NW Forum. looks like we have lost momentum and have put our nads away for the winter.

Netnorske
10-31-2008, 04:56 PM
I have managed a few good rides the last week or so, but the weather is turning wet now for sure. Things are definitely slow in this section, but if you look at the member map, there aren't many of us here.

Greg have you given any thought to the National Rally next summer...?? I have been mulling it over and I would really like to try and go. I think rickyboy is going and I know BigJohn is mulling it over too. Not sure about Rich.

If we made the commitment, it would be awesome if we all hooked up for the ride back there...that would be a blast for sure.

Just thinkin' out loud.... :)!

schoeney
10-31-2008, 05:35 PM
There is no doubt I would like to go but it is just too early for me to commit for so long of time. I am self employed and with this economy I don't know how things will look until we get closer to the date.

Even if I can't go the whole trip I wouldn't mind meeting up and riding with the group for as long as possible, even if it is only 2-3 days.

I think we have a good group of guys in the NW. Haven't seen any posts from RKsaw for awhile?

Netnorske
10-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Even if I can't go the whole trip I wouldn't mind meeting up and riding with the group for as long as possible, even if it is only 2-3 days.

I think we have a good group of guys in the NW. Haven't seen any posts from RKsaw for awhile?

It would be a two or three day ride out there....either three 400 miles days or two 600's, but either way you could ride for as long as you liked.

I would prefer to ride three 400's on the way out for two reasons. You could take a more scenic route for one, and two, the end of the second day (@ 800 miles) would put us in Billings, MT. I have a good friend who lives there and I could hang with him for a night (and save a couple $$ staying at his place... http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif).

The rally is Tues-Wed-Thurs., so if we left on Saturday, we would arrive Monday afternoon.

Like I said...I'm not sure either...not sure if the wife wants to go or not and less sure if I can go without her... ;). I'd like to make up my mind soon however, so I can make the reservations.

RKsaw has been kind of quiet lately...maybe he's mulling over his voter pamphlet...!

landman
10-31-2008, 10:19 PM
nice to see a little activity again.i am definately going to the
rally in june.we have had good 70 degree wheather all week
in wyoming so i am racking up the miles.supposed to change
for the worse next week.

rksaw
11-01-2008, 08:54 AM
RKsaw has been kind of quiet lately...maybe he's mulling over his voter pamphlet...!

Sorry guys, I've been out of town. I was at a conference in KC, MO to become a senior pastor with an organization that focuses on smaller rural churches. I'll be out of the net until late Tuesday (unless I'm watching the election coverage--could be a long night), but regardless, I have already been thinking about my involvement in the Rally.

Because I will be transitioning from my present position to a new church, I will need to see what they expect of me before I commit to anything, but if I can't go all the way to Custer, I'd at least like to find a way to swing the ride to Missoula.
Rich

bigjohn
11-02-2008, 09:47 PM
hay gang! Yep, I'm seriously considering the ride. Just dont' know how to handle the Misses. But, at present I'm leaning towards making the run. I've done Red Lodge for three years and I've never had a chance to explore S. Dakota. It would be awsome.

Rich - God speed on the new church.

landman
11-03-2008, 12:16 AM
the best way to handle the misses is to bring her along,that's
why they put two seats on the nomad.

schoeney
11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
It is too early for me to project my work commitments but I intend to participate for at least 2-3 days and more if it works for biz.

Netnorske
11-03-2008, 03:32 PM
We're in for sure.... http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif!

Idaho
11-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I plan to go. Will probably leave here and plan to make it in one day. Only around 600 miles so that will be an easy day.

bigjohn
11-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Just Googled it. 1,192 miles. For me, that's two hard days.

Netnorske
11-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Just Googled it. 1,192 miles. For me, that's two hard days.

Let's make it three easy one's on the way out and save the two hard ones for the ride home, eh?

On a side note, I talked to my buddy in Billings today and he says he has room for lots of us to stay there the second night of our trip (which he does) if anyone likes.

It's just him and his wife and they have two extra bedrooms, a huge couch plus a large downstairs area people can spread out a sleeping bag or whatever. We could lounge on his back porch, enjoy some beer or cocktails and have a big crab feed or something (we can get fresh dungeness crab at the local Costco store in Billings).

I was just back there in Sept. grouse hunting and he was just out here fishing. In fact, they will be out here next week too, she on business and he fishing with me again...go figure!

They are good people (great friends) and are more than willing to open their place up to us on our ride to Custer next June.... :).

Cheers...Kris

rksaw
11-06-2008, 01:31 AM
They are good people (great friends) and are more than willing to open their place up to us on our ride to Custer next June.... :).

Sounds like great people, always looking to help others out.

rickyboy
11-06-2008, 03:25 AM
I'm watching you guys ;) ! Just checking in to see who's committing to the National.
netnorski and I have "chatted" and hopefully I can meet up with you guys somewhere. I don't know ??? if I'm going to ride out to Calgary Alta. and pick up a friend and then travel south through Montana to meet you guys or if my friend is going to ride out west and we'll leave from Mt. Baker and ride down to maybe Everett WA.

rksaw
11-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Well, we're sure that as the time gets closer, the plans will get clearer.

bigjohn
11-06-2008, 06:20 PM
This is starting to look very promising. Lodging in Billings means I wouldn't have to open up the camper that night.

Ricky - if it pans out you might be able to met up with Kris and I in Everett. That'ed be awsome.

Netnorske
11-06-2008, 09:26 PM
This is starting to look very promising. Lodging in Billings means I wouldn't have to open up the camper that night.

Ricky - if it pans out you might be able to met up with Kris and I in Everett. That'ed be awsome.

I agree with John....this IS starting to sound promising! I also agree it would be awesome if Rickyboy (and/or his bud from Calgary) could join us in Everett, but we can meet up with them in Missoula if that works better for them.

That makes four, and if Greg and/or Rich end up going, we would have a nice group for the ride to Custer! Who knows who else from the NW region might commit before then...??

Having a place to hang/party/crash in Billings for a night is a bonus for sure, but we will need to decide on a Hotel/Motel in Missoula for everyone to hook up and make some reservations there too. I'm open to anything and haven't done a search, but something close to I-90 would probably be best.

I will do a search...

Heck....the choices are endless...

Days Inn
Holiday Inn Express
Ramada Inn
Red Lion
Mountain Valley Inn

Missoula is not very big so it really probably doesn't matter, but the Ramada Inn is right off I-90 at exit 104.

bigjohn
11-11-2008, 04:42 PM
There is also a courtyard at I90 & US 93. I've stayed there a few times. I'll be looking for a campground closeby, shouldn't be too hard to locate.

Yep, found a bunch. Jim & Mary's Camground on MT200, just north of I90 will work just fine. Small, away form the freeway, pull throughs, clean bathrooms. My kind of place.

Netnorske
11-11-2008, 08:56 PM
When we leave Missoula, MT Hwy 200 is the one I would like to take towards Billings via Helena. We can ride it a pretty fair ways before turning SE on MT Hwy 141. That ties into Hwy 12 which leads into Helena. From there we just continue to follow Hwy 12 east all the way to MT Hwy 3 where we turn south into Billings.

Looking at the route on Google Earth....the scenery appears to be quite awesome along that road with a huge variety of landscapes to enjoy!

Since we have three days to get there, it would be nice to get off I-90 for part of the way. We can save that for the marathon ride home. If anyone wants to PM me their email address I can send you a map of the route. Let me know what you guys think...

Cheers...Kris

bigjohn
11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
I've ridden 200 before. Beautiful route, expecially between Great Falls and Sandpoint.

bigjohn
11-13-2008, 12:27 AM
When we leave Missoula, MT Hwy 200 is the one I would like to take towards Billings via Helena. We can ride it a pretty fair ways before turning SE on MT Hwy 141. That ties into Hwy 12 which leads into Helena. From there we just continue to follow Hwy 12 east all the way to MT Hwy 3 where we turn south into Billings.

Looking at the route on Google Earth....the scenery appears to be quite awesome along that road with a huge variety of landscapes to enjoy!

Since we have three days to get there, it would be nice to get off I-90 for part of the way. We can save that for the marathon ride home. If anyone wants to PM me their email address I can send you a map of the route. Let me know what you guys think...

Cheers...Kris

Just took a closer look at the route using MT200 - US12 - 212 and 385. I like it. Just about all off the super slab. It'll be a good trip.

schoeney
11-13-2008, 12:04 PM
All sounds great you guys....can't wait. If I can't make the whole trip to Custer I may try to meet up with you in Grand Coulee (or somewhere along your route) and ride into Missoula with you.

This adds a few miles to my trip but the I have driven the direct route into Spokane from Portland many times in my cage....boring! So I thought I would try something new and more scenic.

If Rksaw or anyone else ends up coming through or near Portland I will go whatever route they prefer so they don't need to ride alone. I am really looking forward to this and meeting all of you.

rksaw
11-13-2008, 09:11 PM
After I find out what church VM is going to give me, then I'll be able to determine whether I'm able to join you or not. I'm getting a little anxious, and today's nice weather didn't help much.

bigjohn
11-16-2008, 11:57 PM
All sounds great you guys....can't wait. If I can't make the whole trip to Custer I may try to meet up with you in Grand Coulee (or somewhere along your route) and ride into Missoula with you.

This adds a few miles to my trip but the I have driven the direct route into Spokane from Portland many times in my cage....boring! So I thought I would try something new and more scenic.

If Rksaw or anyone else ends up coming through or near Portland I will go whatever route they prefer so they don't need to ride alone. I am really looking forward to this and meeting all of you.

Well, here's an idea, if you can get off work on Friday and head up here, we will probalby have an extra bed. Or at least a couch. Might be able to squeeze in one other as well got a couple of couches, too.

schoeney
11-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Wow, really appreciate the offers guys. But my parole officer won't take my my ankle bracelet monitor off until the day you leave http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Just kidding.

I will probably just meet you on the east side of the Cascades. I know I am missing a nice part of your ride but I am trying to keep the amount of days gone within reason. I am still hoping to go all the way to Custer not just Missoula but won't know for sure until May. It is hard for me to plan so far ahead when business sucks so bad.

rksaw
11-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Hopefully it's just bad now, but will pick up as we get closer to May and June!!!

Either that or it will stay bad and they'll never miss you and you'll want to take a couple days off. :) Just kidding.

Netnorske
11-19-2008, 09:03 PM
It is hard for me to plan so far ahead when business sucks so bad.

I feel for all you guys who have your own businesses. I am fortunate to work for a local municipality and have for the past 30 yrs. The paycheck just keeps on coming...whew...but...my 401k is totally in the toilet.... :'( Just gotta believe it will all come back....and it will eventually.

You are more than welcome up here anytime schoeney...with or without the ankle bracelet... http://s2.images.proboards.com/tongue.gif Heck...we will have to meet up someplace next spring for sure...well before we head east.

schoeney
11-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Yes Kris..I would like to meet both you and John o one of my trips to Bellingham...even if I am not on the Nad.

I will be going to Seattle for the Motorcycle Show in December I think Friday the 12th to miss the weekend crowd.

I will also be in Bellingham for my daughter's knee (ACL) surgery Dec 17th until probably the 20th. maybe we can hookup for coffee or a bite to eat?

Netnorske
11-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Yes Kris..I would like to meet both you and John o one of my trips to Bellingham...even if I am not on the Nad.

I will be going to Seattle for the Motorcycle Show in December I think Friday the 12th to miss the weekend crowd.

I will also be in Bellingham for my daughter's knee (ACL) surgery Dec 17th until probably the 20th. maybe we can hookup for coffee or a bite to eat?

That would be great! I plan to go to the motorcycle show as well...and could probably get down there that Friday afternoon. We could hook up there for sure!

schoeney
11-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Kris,

I will let you know exactly what time I will be there when we get closer....bringing my brother and maybe a neighbor as well.

Greg

Netnorske
11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Kris,

I will let you know exactly what time I will be there when we get closer....bringing my brother and maybe a neighbor as well.

Greg

Sounds good. Should be a fun show. I only wish I could bring a wad of cash to buy some goodies! I DID order my Mustang seat the other day and it is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I got the one with the backrest ( kind of a no brainer there, eh)... ::)! For the money they want for that thing I hope it is as comfortable as everyone says. Kind of a leap of faith on this one... :-/.

With any luck at all it will be a fairly nice day as I would Luv to ride the Nomad down there for the show! I wonder if they will have a special parking area for riders...? Maybe I can contact the Event Center to find out...

schoeney
11-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Yes....buying a bunch of goodies would be fun. Please give us a review on the seat after you have broken it in. So the rest of us don't have to take a leap of faith!

Netnorske
11-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Please give us a review on the seat after you have broken it in. So the rest of us don't have to take a leap of faith!

http://store.valueaccessories.net/mustangvintagewidetouringseatwithdriversbackrestka wasaki.aspx

This is the best price I could find on that bad boy....

bigjohn
11-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Now that's a good price. I think you'll be very happy with it. We really like the Royal Tour on the Nomad and are going to get a replacement for the 2K.