PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Day In W.Va.

ridemslow
10-18-2008, 09:50 PM
This morning I got up early, along with my son, and our wives, rode to Bridge Day festivites over the New River Gorge in WV. Was a bit nippy, but a dam nice day for the ride. Saw a great number of Hardly's there, but I was plesantly suprised to see some Nomads too. http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif In fact when we returned to where we had parked, there was a real sharp looking Black Nomad with a Hardly Davidson faring and trunk with passenger backrest with an armrest. Lots of folks walking to and from parked vehicles to the bridge seemed to get as much pleasure from checking out the bikes. Those with custom paint, choppers, etc...there were some sweet looking bikes(and babes too) there. Overall, it was a chilly, but good ride for the day. Would have been better had it not been so cool, I hate wearing those dam chaps. ;) (No I didn't spell Harley wrong, thats just how I feel about those overpriced pieces of "American made Iron") ;)

skeeter
10-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Brother calls em Hardly Able To. I'm hardly able to afford one.

skyhookman
10-19-2008, 02:49 AM
Is that like a yearly, Oct. thing, or do they have it more often. I've got that ride on my to do list, after I retire in 10 months. I heard that's some decent riding around there.

kawgirl
10-19-2008, 05:54 AM
There is fantastic riding around there. We had the Eastern Rally in Elkins, WV in June which is not real far from the bridge. Bridge Day is once a year in October. Gorgeous area. You won't be disappointed with the area for views or riding.

ringadingh
10-19-2008, 07:08 AM
I would have liked to have seen that bridge when we where in Elkins, Its quite impressive in the pictures that Ive seen. Maybe another day.

ridemslow
10-26-2008, 03:24 PM
It's breathtaking from the top. And from under the bridge it is even more awe inspiring. That's now an annual event for that area, and once you visit that day, you get addicted to the event. I took afew pictures, but they are not too great, so i will not post them here, but pictures really dont do the event justice, they just whet the appetite for more.

I would have liked to have seen that bridge when we where in Elkins, Its quite impressive in the pictures that Ive seen. Maybe another day.

ridemslow
10-26-2008, 03:27 PM
You will not regret that ride my friend. Make a weekend of it if you can, and enjoy the great riding opportunities in the area, like Kawagirls said, it's a bueatiful area. It is an annual event too. Usually second or third Saturday in October, well advertised so everyone wanting to go, knows when it is.

Is that like a yearly, Oct. thing, or do they have it more often. I've got that ride on my to do list, after I retire in 10 months. I heard that's some decent riding around there.

kawgirl
10-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Here are a couple of links.
http://www.officialbridgeday.com/
http://www.wvbridgeday.com/

paul
10-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Is that like a yearly, Oct. thing, or do they have it more often. I've got that ride on my to do list, after I retire in 10 months. I heard that's some decent riding around there. Skyhookman, retiring in 10 months??!! Take me with you, pleeeaaasssee! Enjoy it man.