PDA

View Full Version : Ideal 1700 Nomad for me

dantama
10-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Excluding the new hard bags, and belt drive......For me the best new Nomad would be the trunk from the Voyager on the Nomad platform.

I don't use a lot of gadgetry electronics that need a home in a fairing, and I like the looks of the windshield we have. It keeps the wind off me just fine and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

I love the look and usefulness of the new trunk. I would certainly like one of those.

The six speeds, more power, and especially the cruise control would be big pluses for me.

Sometime I'll have to photoshop the trunk on the new Nomad and see how I like it.

Is one or the other ideal for you, or do you need some combination of both?

dantama
10-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Here's a photo of the look I like better than the Voyager

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/dantama/668018aa.jpg

Yellow Jacket
10-19-2008, 01:32 PM
I like it like that.

kawgirl
10-19-2008, 02:41 PM
I like that too!

finky
10-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Have to agree Dan that is the way I would go not keen on all the gagets unfortunately we don't get the choice of colours you guy's get all we are getting over here is the one pictured above so I will wait till next year and hope for a better colour before I order mine.

dogdoc
10-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Put the old bags on there Dan with cruise, 6 spd and trunk and I might bite.

coacha
10-19-2008, 08:42 PM
I saw the new Nomad and Voyager at Biketoberfest this weekend. I will gather up some of the pics and post them tomorrow or Tuesday.

Overall, liked both of them but don't like the new bags.

scion0
10-19-2008, 09:56 PM
I saw the new Nomad and Voyager at Biketoberfest this weekend. I will gather up some of the pics and post them tomorrow or Tuesday.

Overall, liked both of them but don't like the new bags.

Cool, looking forward to seeing them.

rksaw
10-19-2008, 11:28 PM
I like that too!

Ditto

trip
10-20-2008, 06:32 AM
That Nomad with the trunk does look good Dan.

cactusjack
10-20-2008, 10:03 AM
The Voyager trunk on the 1600 Nomad looks great, Dan. I have yet to see one up close, but I am kind of "bells and whistles" guy and I think I'd like a 1700 Voyager. I want a fairing, I want a 6-speed, I want cruise control. The top loading bags is not a deal breaker for me, and that trunk is the icing on the cake.

dantama
10-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Put the old bags on there Dan with cruise, 6 spd and trunk and I might bite.

Ok, this one with shaft drive is really my ideal one.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/dantama/b94e16f5.jpg

meat
10-20-2008, 12:03 PM
I like the Nomad with the trunk on it. Do you think there will be a option to add a trunk to the Nomad?

dantama
10-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I like the Nomad with the trunk on it. Do you think there will be a option to add a trunk to the Nomad?

I'll bet you'd have to buy the trunk and brackets at a steep premium, and do it yourself.

glwilson
10-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Dan,

I have to admit, that looks nice. :)

Oddly enough though, I am beginning to think the new bags look better with the trunk than the current bags we have all come to know and love. ::)

(I know... I must be losing it or something -- but I am beginning to think the new bags look better now than they did when I first saw them.)

As CJ said; I think I am still looking for all the features of the Voyager over the Nomad. I like to travel all-day on the bike and would like to not only have the trunk-space; but the other Voyager features.

(Now... you may want to consider my age also. I am 53, thus am looking for comfort at this point. My "rowdy-and-rough" days are becoming limited.)

dantama
10-21-2008, 12:09 PM
gl, I've got nothing against people who ride with gadgets, and I'm not some kind of a "purist". It just takes me forever to figure out gadgets, so I don't get them.

My kids would always figure out how to set the clock on the VCR etc. I only know how to use 1/10 or what my cell phone can do, and have never sent a text message.

So for me, a fairing would just be for wind protection, not a place to hold electronics. So for just wind protection, I like the looks of the regular windshield. I would like the fairing if I was going to put a stereo, gps, cb, etc in one. It's just too much for only wind protection.

audiogooroo
10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I still like the look of the old saddlebags, but the new trunk's lines don't match the lines of the old bags. If the trunk was shaped to compliment the old bags that would rock!
I'm not opposed to a fairing, but having had both a fairing and a windshield, I feel like the fairing blocks my view somewhat. I like being my field of vision being open in front of me, but don't want to get beat up by the wind. My windshield and oversize lowers offer all the protection I need.
Still, if my Nomad ever wears out, I'll seriously consider a Voyager. Especially if Trip offers me a free one. ;)

rksaw
10-22-2008, 01:32 AM
What?!? Trip's offering free Voyagers? http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

rewindgy
10-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Whoo Hoo free Voyager's for everyone!

redeye
10-23-2008, 03:52 PM
The LINE start right behind me

rickyboy
11-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Me to !! Please and thank you Trip.!

trip
11-12-2008, 07:42 AM
How do these rumors get started???

Oh, now I know....audiogoorooskie.

blowndodge
11-12-2008, 09:31 AM
It's no rumor at all!! I heard you tell Audio !!! I swear !!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

audiogooroo
11-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Little old me? Starting rumors? :-[ ::)

Hey Trip, hook me up with a new Voyager and I'll stop telling tales. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

flightdoc
11-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I think the new 1700 looks awesome. My next bike will have all the gadgets. I also want the heated seats and grips. When we retire, Denise and I will be doing alot of long distance riding and the additional electronic items will be good to have

vin

traveler
11-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I dont like the looks of the new bags at all. although top load may be better. As for the trunk it looks like the H-D tour pak i have on my 2002 mounted with wompus rack that fit absolutely perfect. The wife loves it for comfort of ride i like for storage of helmet and other gear for every day travel.

01-21-2009, 03:01 AM
If I go with either of these bikes, it will most likely be the Voyager, and that will be several years down the road. My '03 only has 16000 miles on it, and my wife rides her own so I probably have one more Nomad purchase in a few years (probably aon '07 or '08 used). I just can't get used to the new Nomad stylistically. I do wish my bike had the belt drive, motor and tranny though.

phenrichs
01-23-2009, 02:27 PM
If I were to get one I think I would seriously work on putting the old bags on it since everyone seems to say that the plastic is flimsy on the new ones. Maybe swap out the trunk for my venture trunk too. Selling the new parts would make me some coin too.

nomad1600chile
01-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Hello friends, where they have gotten the back suitcase with the back, it is really very beautiful, I believe that it is an alternative to obtain but I space for the load and comfort for the wife that better.

sarge1057
01-29-2009, 09:56 AM
The ideal Nomad for me has to be the one Trip is providing that is if the line isn't to long.