PDA

View Full Version : Delphi

blowndodge
07-19-2007, 03:00 PM
The other day I was on the Delphi Kawasaki Forum and added a link to this site because I recognized some here that were on that site and Robert is obviously a good guy and I thought I'd spread the word around.

Unfortunately, there are some real backwood characters over there that talk like the few that give riders of American made bikes a bad name. Very condescending.

One of the Gurus over there "Gadget", a great guy, that most of them quote as Gospel was found out by such a link being posted there.

I was a little disappointed to see this kind of reception there but all one has to do is read some of the comments that honest people post and you'll see that the term "no question is a dumb question" doesn't apply there.

Thanks for listening,

Brad

trip
07-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Sorry you got that type of reception, Brad. I've gotten that same type of reception asking about oil on certain forums.

I don't understand why, but sometimes the guys that run forums think they own it. They develope a sort of, "click" and don't like anyone else suggesting or doing anything out of the ordinary.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gadget (John) if he would mind adding a link to the kawanow website from his site. He was happy to oblidge. John's a good guy in my book.

Hope your stay here goes a lot better.

Trip

ponch
07-19-2007, 06:25 PM
All forums form a clique. It's the nature of the beast. The question is what type...Now, I looked at the post in question and I think "Blowndodge" is jumping to conclusions. No one said anything I would take offense to and it's their opinion anyway, that's what makes this place so special.

Sorry you got that type of reception, Brad. I've gotten that same type of reception asking about oil on certain forums.

I don't understand why, but sometimes the guys that run forums think they own it. They develope a sort of, "click" and don't like anyone else suggesting or doing anything out of the ordinary.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gadget (John) if he would mind adding a link to the kawanow website from his site. He was happy to oblidge. John's a good guy in my book.

Hope your stay here goes a lot better.

Trip

blowndodge
07-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks Robert. The first time I saw your other web page design I spent all day clicking all your trips and to be honest, your site is the reason I bought my Nomad. I have the same demeaner and laid back helpful approach as you. I even wrote a review on the TPS on the Gadgets site and he encluded it in his article. John and I have emailed all kinds of theories on pinging and lots of stuff. We are "tinkerers" by natue!

I will stay here for sure. I sent a comment about the indifferent responses and I'm sure I got flamed for it! Oh well.

Brad

texasjefe
07-20-2007, 09:36 PM
I am on the Delphi forum and TXVROC among others. . There were a couple of posts that were rude. Mainly one guy. He is not representative of the Delphi members by any means. Most are open and friendly. A couple took him to task for his comments.That group does take their forum pretty serious and participate on a regular basis. The mods are nice folks and keep it civil and friendly. I have found alot of good info there. Glad to see Trip's new site. It is way cool. Got a bunch of members fast too. Good luck. I will be a regular even though I ride a Drifter. Always enjoy Trip's ride reports. Jefe

dano
07-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Jefe's right. I've been a member of the Kawasaki Vulcan Delphi Forum for 3 or 4 years and have found it to be 1st rate all the way. Anytime I have asked a question, needed help with a project; they've been there for me. When one of the members has had a tragedy occur, they've chipped in money and parts and got that member back on the road. Yes, they are a very close knit group and yes they do take their forum very seriously and I'm proud to be a member. Hope to feel the same way about this group in the future too. As with any group, you'll find one or two that are rude but the Moderators at Delphi are some of the best and no, I'm not a moderator there but I am one on another Kawasaki Forum. This is a new site, dedicated to the Nomad which I ride and I hope it takes off and grows like crazy. Trip's done a great job with the graphics that's for sure.
Trip, here's wishing you and your site the best http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif
Ride safe,
Dano

trip
07-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Jefe and dano,
I agree with you all the way. Even though I have not been a member of the Delphi group, I realize that there are other Nomad related groups and forums around. And yes, even in the best of groups, you've always got a jerk.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't look at it as competition, but rather an augmentation or enhancement, where we all help each other. I think many "groups and websites" about the Nomad is better than one. It gives the Nomad owner a choice.

Thanks for your compliments guys.

Trip

PS. Jefe, with a "killer" Drifter like your's, I'm surprised you haven't started something for the Drifter crowd.

texasjefe
07-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Blown Dodge, I have reread the Delphi thread several times. I think you probably jumped the gun a little early . It is easy to get a wrong idea and a thread can go bad real fast if people fail to exhibit patience and understanding. Once they go bad it is easy for it to become a trainwreck. I am sorry that I even posted to that trainwreck and apologize to all concerned. Ride safe, Jefe

blowndodge
07-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Yea, I saw your posts. Thanks for sticking up for me some. I should have just ignored the few "jerks" that post on that site, I did ask for clarification to those few for their hostile comments and when they came out with obscenities to describe my motives is when I fired back at them. I shoud have just realized that those comments more than likely embarrassed the other members as the few rude remarks don't speak for the whole. My mistake. I sent an email to the FM expressing my apologies.

In the grand scheme of things, I have a new Nomad with a few goodies and tweaks and I'm a happy camper! Thanks to Trip's site I'm a proud owner! Now someone tell me about good pipes to get because thats next!!!

unwind2
07-22-2007, 02:58 PM
I found this site from Delphi Vulcans. Been there a long time. I hate to see this still as a message thread over here as the Delphi group removed it from their board to stop all the negativity. I read all the threads and think there was a lot blown out of proportion. Wish the moderater here would consider doing the same here (removing the thread). It bothers me to see a thread over here 'Snubed by Delphi' esp since both parties have apologized and want to drop it. There are lots of m/c brand specific sights around - hopefully all can exchange info and be helpful to each other.

They're really a good bunch (delphi) of folks as others have said. Pitch in to do all they can when someone has accident, illness, death, fire flood...you name it. Thanks for listening....happy Nomad riding ;)

trip
07-22-2007, 06:18 PM
unwind2,
I appreciate your candor. I realize that Wes has dropped the thread on Delphi. All moderators must make the proper decisions pertaining to their forums. I've been monitoring Delphi and reading what was posted and I've been keeping an eye on what's posted here concerning the subject.

For now, I don't see any real reason to drop the thread here on Kawanow. Since everyone has apologized, there probably will not be anymore posts to this thread, which means it will drop off the radar soon. However, in the interest of not portraying any negativity toward Delphi, I will change the thread title. If posts within this thread turn heated for any reason, then I will certainly consider deleting it.

Ride safe,
Trip

bluetongue
07-23-2007, 07:54 PM
I am glad this thread did not get ugly. I have seen a few boneheads on Delphi but I have met and rode with some of it's members and they are great folks,Point in case is Mark M. I met him at this years HCR and he lead us on a great ride through the hill country. I do believe he is now one of the moderators on the Delphi forum.

unwind2
07-29-2007, 01:50 PM
bluetongue - off subject but so glad you posted a pic - I was curiuos about your name..now I know.

Do all those things (I'm guessing its a lizard?) have blue tongues? ???

07-29-2007, 04:17 PM
"those things" LOLOL

Jasper over on Delphi knew I was looking for an Owner's Manual for my '99 Nomad.... he messaged me that he just traded his '99 in for a newer Nomad and kept the manual just for me. He sent it to me and wouldn't accept any $$ for it. One heck of a guy!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif

Nico

bluetongue
07-29-2007, 06:08 PM
unwind2, no just the Australian blue tongue skinks have blue tongues. Well changed that some other lizards have blueish tongues but not many.

unwind2
07-29-2007, 06:46 PM
That's cool, we had a couple of blue lobsters at one time in our aquirum.

07-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Remember this?

07-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Remember this?

Nope! Long before I came here.

But I've been a member of the Delphi forum nearly 5 years and have some 1900+ posts there. I think it's a great forum, but if you look closely you'll see that since I joined here I've made almost 3000 posts here and about 10 there.

I think those numbers speak for themselves.

coacha
07-11-2008, 10:54 PM
I visit the Vulcan forum on Delphi and a couple others that are related to my area (Motorcycling Florida Style and Nature Coast Cruisers) and a few others. I have had some good converstations with the Vulcan people and had some great rides with the MFS and NCC people. Just like any place you go, some people are just idiots no matter what, some are great.

I just go with the flow and try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when they get a burr under their saddle about something.

mncruiser
07-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Now someone tell me about good pipes to get because thats next!!!

PIPES?!?! Yer the father of the bafflectomy, you can't go aftermarket!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

unwind2
07-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Yep this does go back. I haven't posted on the Delphi Vulcan forum in so long - can't remember when but it's been a long time. Never really posted a lot over there when I did post.

I do still go and lurk from time to time. They definitely have the pangs of a large Internet forum,,,,,time to time someone gets mad....says they're not coming back to that sight anymore etc....it happens.

Funny experience with their group...went to their get together at Bardstown, KY last year. Went on a ride with a group of them to a local brewery, on way back stopped for lunch...we (hubie and I) were the last to get our order. Folks were filtering back out to the parking lot of the restaurant as they finished. When we came out the group had already left! http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif Had to figure our own way back to Bardstown (after making a couple of wrong turns). Little disappointed that they either did not wait on us or did not realize everybody wasn't out in the parking lot, on their bikes ready to ride after lunch. Oh well, I never mentioned on their forum. :-/

07-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Now someone tell me about good pipes to get because thats next!!!

PIPES?!?! Yer the father of the bafflectomy, you can't go aftermarket!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

How far we've come! Seems like the Dark Ages!! lol

phatnomad
07-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I know what you mean Blowndodge. I was on the Delphi Strictly Ace 750 forum for over 6 years and it was great. My first post on the Delphi Vulcan forum was about cam chain tensioner extenders, and the first reply I got was to say the least rude and vulgar and pretty much told me I was an idiot for asking such a question. I almost deleted Delphi from my favorites list to never return, then the next few replies to my question were very friendly and helpful. So I decided to ignore the few bad apples and enjoy the forum anyway. It is a great forum, as is this one, with plenty of good people with lots of good information, Gadgets sight is fantastic. I still see an occasional reply to someones post that is asking a question or giving a suggestion and have someone reply with nothing constructive at all, just negative remarks and verbally bashing the original poster. I still frequent the Delphi Vulcan forum because 99% of the people there are friendly and helpful. I just ignore the other 1%.

07-12-2008, 10:26 AM
I was lucky on Delphi... my first posts there were about tires rumbling in curves.... never got bashed... Gadget himself responded and told me increase psi to 40/40... I guess they felt sorry for how stupid I was!! Next, I asked where to find an Owner's Manual, and Jasper sent me one he had for free!!! I couldn't believe it... very cool. So yes, there are good people everywhere! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

07-12-2008, 11:42 AM
I was lucky on Delphi... I guess they felt sorry for how stupid I was!!...

Nonsense, Nico.

People that make the effort to help other people do it because they're paid or because they love to help.

...and nobody gets paid on these boards, except the people selling computer time.

;)

macmac
07-12-2008, 02:24 PM
BD, I haven't seen the post over there yet, but will look around. Not sure what the title is. Over there i am Mac_Muz.

07-12-2008, 07:25 PM
BD, I haven't seen the post over there yet, but will look around. Not sure what the title is. Over there i am Mac_Muz.

That was from a year ago, MacMac... ;)

blowndodge
07-12-2008, 07:48 PM

macmac, this post was resurrected from the dead. It's over a year ago. Check the date I started it. Not sure why it came back but I got past it....I turned the page.

I've seen you on there in the past macmac. I know your handle there. You post good ideas and comments. I go there once a week just to peek. I post very little.

macmac
07-12-2008, 07:59 PM
I missed the date oops! But then there are many others who have too. Me: I am just me where ever I go. I try to help when and if I can. With everything...

blowndodge
07-12-2008, 08:22 PM
thats all anyone can ask!!! thanks for your input here for sure! How's the car tire working out. I know in Delphi you still say the jury is out... If you had to start all over again and had the money back would you do it over??

cactusjack
07-12-2008, 09:53 PM
I visit the Delphi Vulcan Forum occasionally. I'm not going to bash them, but I get kind of weird vibe from that forum. I can't really elaborate or quantify it, other than just a weird vibe.

I don't care for the Delphi format, but that's not their fault.

07-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh, the Delphi format is a DOG, I'll grant you that.