PDA

View Full Version : Saddlebag coffee cup holder

socwkbiker
07-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Commuting to work on a motorcycle is great! Except when you have your travel coffee cup that metal and weighs much more than those cup holders on the handlebars are designed to handle. So, this morning I came up with the idea of some sort of device to strap the cup to the inside of my saddlebag, but I'm not sure just how I would do this.

I'm thinking of using short screws with a strap, but not certain what type or what will last a long time. Any ideas?

spirello
07-18-2007, 06:49 PM
LOOK AT THE ROAD RUNNER CUP HOLDER FROM SCOOTWORKS. IT IS A LITTLE SPENDY BUT IT IS AWSOME. THE CUP THAT COMES WITH IT WILL NEVER SPILL. I CAN SEND U PICTS OF IT ON MY 2006. JUST SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADRESS MINE IS SCOTTPIRELLO@HOTMAIL.COM

stewart
07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
got a link for the cup holder? It'd be nice to see.

Thanks,

Stewart

davepa
07-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I use the www.kruzerkaddy.net (http://www.kruzerkaddy.net) it works for me
Dave

jd
07-19-2007, 08:58 PM
got a link for the cup holder? It'd be nice to see.

Thanks,

Stewart

Here ya go, bottom of the page:

http://tinyurl.com/yp93pr

Dunno, tho; I ain't about to pay 80+ bucks for a cupholder...

nightflight1
07-22-2007, 11:37 PM
[quote:9aphrx5h]got a link for the cup holder? It'd be nice to see.

Thanks,

Stewart

Here ya go, bottom of the page:

http://tinyurl.com/yp93pr

Dunno, tho; I ain't about to pay 80+ bucks for a cupholder...

[/quote:9aphrx5h]

For about 5 buck$ you can buy a bicycle water bottle holder and fit it to your handlebars like I did. Works great for most of the water bought at the gas stations. I keep an insulated bottle cover inside it and slide the bottle down in it. The commercial holder looks like they got the idea from the bicycle bottle holder.
Wayne
Night Flight

socwkbiker
07-24-2007, 08:52 AM
I forgot to put some information in my initial comment. When I travel to work from home I carry one of our many travel cups in the saddlebag because my current cup holder is too small and the weight of the cup will make it tip.

I'm also looking for an inexpensive (see cheap) way to put something in the bag to hold the cup upright so nothing spills. Yesterday my wife gave me a cup that was a bit loose in its seals. Needless to day, the cup fell over and I had a small pool of coffee. So, I'm trying to come up with a way to keep the cup upright so I don't lose any of that precious liquid sunshine.

jd
07-26-2007, 11:09 AM
OK, now I "see" what you're after. IIRC, y'all's saddlebags are held on by bolts; what about one of those inexpensive holders Night Flight mentioned held upright by a longer saddlebag mounting bolt? Would that be feasible?

I forgot to put some information in my initial comment. When I travel to work from home I carry one of our many travel cups in the saddlebag because my current cup holder is too small and the weight of the cup will make it tip.

I'm also looking for an inexpensive (see cheap) way to put something in the bag to hold the cup upright so nothing spills. Yesterday my wife gave me a cup that was a bit loose in its seals. Needless to day, the cup fell over and I had a small pool of coffee. So, I'm trying to come up with a way to keep the cup upright so I don't lose any of that precious liquid sunshine.