PDA

View Full Version : sintered brake pads

nomad
08-31-2008, 03:02 PM
will they work? is this the kind of pad i should put on? where is the best place to buy? sorry for all the questions, i just want to do it right the first time! i tried the search function but didn't have much luck. i may not have been doing it correctly. thanks for the input!

dogdoc
08-31-2008, 03:28 PM
all I know is with EBC the HH are the best i have heard.

chuckster131
08-31-2008, 06:17 PM
2nd the EBC HH pads. They work great.

doctorgski
08-31-2008, 07:02 PM
EBC for me also, no problems and no squealing thank goodness!

ringadingh
08-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Theres nothing wrong with the OEM pads either.

VulcanE
08-31-2008, 10:10 PM
The OEM pads are "sintered" pads. I have the EBC HH on now, and when they were new, they would squeal when you first applied them. But, I guess since they have gotten seated, haven't heard a whimper out of them. They preform as well as the OEMs, and just a few $ cheaper.

chuckster131
09-01-2008, 09:06 AM
One thing I have noticed with the EBC pads is a air bubbling/popping sound when the brakes are applied. I fugured it was from the pads not having the cut lines in them like the stock one's. My bro-in-laws Beamer does the same thing now with the new pads.

dogdoc
09-01-2008, 10:24 AM
i thought somebody on here went to buy oem pads and came home with EBC brand. is this true/false??

VulcanE
09-01-2008, 11:45 AM
On my first set of replacement pads, I went to the dealer and he gave me the "DP" brand pads. They were "sintered" but they didn't last 3000 miles. They worked OK, just didn't last long.

schoeney
09-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I believe one of the Nomad "Gurus" (BD, Gadget, Caddman, etc...I am bowing to them out of respect) suggested buying OEM pads...just a few bucks more and perform the best.

jeffm
09-02-2008, 05:35 PM
i thought somebody on here went to buy oem pads and came home with EBC brand. is this true/false??

You are correct. My dealer said they do not stock OEM's & all they had was the organic pads. 3000 miles later i replaced them with ebc HH's . I called 5 dealers in my area no one carried OEM's . So if i get OEM's next time i guess i will have to order them .

rlfaubion
09-02-2008, 10:05 PM

That happened to me. I don't remember that I posted it though. I'm running the EBC HH. They seem fine to me.

09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
"Sintered" just means made out of powder.

They take the powered composition (whatever that may be for a particular part) and press it hard into a hot die until it forms a solid part. This is opposed to pouring a molten or liquid substance into a mold and letting it cool. (Or harden in the case of non-metalics.)

dogdoc
09-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I think you can order EBC out of Dennis Kirk, J&P Cycle , etc, not sure anybody knows the name of the OEM ones. :-)

mcdaddy
09-04-2008, 03:54 PM
My OEM pads have the name "Tokico" on the back of them.

TOKICO is a trade name of TOKICO Corp. Japan, a company that delivers its products both to production lines and to the markets of automotive parts. Tokico products are delivered to the production lines of all Japanese automobile plants, with the exception of Honda. “Unoriginal” components bear their own trademarks and are supplied to the market of secondary spare parts (and also to Honda).

Tokico products enjoy great popularity among the owners of heavy American sedans and pickups in the USA.

nomad
09-04-2008, 06:01 PM
cool. thanks for the input guys. i really just want to put the right stuff on there the first time around.

nomad
09-06-2008, 11:27 AM
update--i called the kawa dealer this morning and he told me that all they carry is the ebc organic pads...not OEM. i asked about the HH's and he said he could order them. huh. well, i can order them....what is the deal with dealers these days? i guess they like chasing business to dennis kirk. oh well. dennis kirk it is. i put a set of HH's on order and a 4.5" bulb for my lightbar. price with shipping was 58.00 and some change.