PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Pictures

zoom45
07-16-2007, 04:29 PM
If any of you have made a trailer to tow behind your Nomad, please send me some pictures so I can figure out how I want to do mine. I want mine to be no wider than the Nomad hard bags. I also want to mount a cooler and a place for a gas can. I have an old (steel) boat trailer that I'm going to cut down. It has the 8" wheels on it. From what I have seen online, I need to remove all the leafs from the springs except the main one for a smoother ride. I don't want to use the standard Sears X Cargo box. It's too wide and I want a more custom look for the box to match my chrome and black Nomad. Send pictures to nedbowani@aol.com
Thanks,
zoom45

scion0
09-11-2007, 04:13 PM
If any of you have made a trailer to tow behind your Nomad, please send me some pictures so I can figure out how I want to do mine. I want mine to be no wider than the Nomad hard bags. I also want to mount a cooler and a place for a gas can. I have an old (steel) boat trailer that I'm going to cut down. It has the 8" wheels on it. From what I have seen online, I need to remove all the leafs from the springs except the main one for a smoother ride. I don't want to use the standard Sears X Cargo box. It's too wide and I want a more custom look for the box to match my chrome and black Nomad. Send pictures to nedbowani@aol.com
Thanks,
zoom45

Have you finished the trailer yet? I know Gadget had a "how-to" for the hitch.

zoom45
09-15-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm going to work on mine some next week. My hitch is finished I just need to wire in the hitch plug. Hey 40shooter, how's your trailer coming? The last pictures you sent had the frame and shell put together. It looked great!
zoom45

ponch
09-15-2007, 03:55 PM
A guy in my local VROC group used a harbor freight special and put one of those cargo things you put on top of your car on it. I think he got the hitch from hitch doc. There are pictures on our yahoo group, but you'd have to be a member to see them. I think he used 12" tires.

http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/DSMVROC/photos/view/f040?b=2

Thanks,
zoom45

ponch
09-15-2007, 08:40 PM
found this: http://nomad.eurekaboy.com/mctrailer.htm

Thanks,
zoom45

socwkbiker
09-15-2007, 08:45 PM
I have a question along the trailering lines. Which is better, towing or hauling in the back of a pickup? For example, which will use less gas, which is safer, etc?

beezer
09-16-2007, 04:53 AM
I have a question along the trailering lines. Which is better, towing or hauling in the back of a pickup? For example, which will use less gas, which is safer, etc?

I bought a 6x10 landscape trailer with the double expanded metal ramp to haul my bike with but have yet to do so. I figured it to be the safest for me as well as the bike instaed of trying to wrestle 800+# up a 2x12 or a ramp on a truck and after you perform that feat you need to get it off going backwards.