PDA

View Full Version : Weather rant

dirtysteve
08-12-2008, 07:33 AM
I've got a rain suit and a Joe Rocket Ballistic suit- never worn them so much since I started riding http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/> The weatherman isn't even too animated anymore- just says "chance of showers." Then there is the lawn- mow every 3 days or have to rake it :'( Even this rant is lame!

Top Cat
08-12-2008, 08:16 AM
It has rained every day since my buddy traded in his Honda 1100 for a Vulcan 900 Lt http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/>
I told him to sell the thing so I could go riding again.
At least the weatherman isn't saying " it's typical for this time of year anymore"

radco
08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
YUP same crap in MAINE,RAIn RAIN and MORE rain, I thought April Showers were supposed to be in APRIL ONLY ??????

dank
08-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, we have been getting dumped on too. But I just suit up and go anyway. Went 150 miles right between two big storms on Sunday. Pavement was wet from the one in front of me, but I lucked out and never did actually get rained on. The one behind me almost caught me a couple of times. But even with rain, it is great to be riding. Sure beats January!

1stgear
08-14-2008, 12:32 PM
My grass is nothing but dried-up, dead-looking stuff, and has been for weeks, - BUT I've ridden to work every day and out on the weekends every opportunity I got, also for weeks. The weather folks have been predicting 30% rain/thunderstorms for almost every day, too, but we've had hardly a spit since spring. May have to wash the road dust off it soon...

beezer
08-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Big trip today and naturally the weather is iffy damnit!!!

bkmaxvrb
08-15-2008, 07:54 PM
If you want to know what it's going to do on any particualr day, call me and ask how I'm getting to work.

If I ride the bike, it's going to rain (even if it's only a 10 - 20% chance). If I drive the truck, it'll be dry (even if it's predicted to be a 70 - 90% chance of showers).

It's been that way for the past three weeks.

beezer
08-17-2008, 07:18 PM
the weather held out and we had 3 days of beautiful weather

fish
08-17-2008, 07:25 PM
the weather held out and we had 3 days of beautiful weather
Naw that vas goot