PDA

View Full Version : No turn signals

mrt
08-07-2020, 01:42 PM
2012 Voyager, turn signals stopped working. 4- way flashers work. Checked fuse-good. Sprayed lube on switch, no change. Is there a flasher on these?

buckey1313
08-07-2020, 02:30 PM
The turn signal relay is located on side of battery box and is part number 27002A and it should be marked on actual body of relay turn signal indicator 5 pin. If you are swapping out this part if you ever are going to LED turn signal bulbs you should swap this out with a low voltage turn signal indicator. If not just get a 5 pin standard relay and see if they work now.

mrt
08-07-2020, 04:34 PM
Does that relay also control the 4-way flashers? They work.

buckey1313
08-07-2020, 04:43 PM
I believe they also control the 4 way flashers. But that I believe is a separate circuit that is why it is a 5 pin relay. So your 4 way flashers could work but the circuit for the signal lights might be burned out.

vulcanscott
08-08-2020, 05:32 AM
mine quit every now and then . spray wd40 in the switch and work it real good . fixes mine !

Peg
08-08-2020, 07:19 AM
Same thing happened to mine last week... Indicators quit, hazard's working. Fuse good, swapped out anyway, still nada.
Switch felt just a little "not quite right", not quite as smooth as usual when turned left / right / pushed in.

I took the switch block apart to expose the back of the switch, and squirted a fair amount of WD40 in both sides, where it looked like the contacts were situated.

Tested the switch several times with no power, felt like it was operating smoother & more positively - turned the key on, indicators both working again... Phew. Bolt it all back up & no problem since then.

buckey1313
08-08-2020, 09:17 AM
Listen to Peg he probably has this problem of yours nailed down perfectly it is really a no cost fix for you.

DragonLady58
08-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Pegs da Man! The handle bar controls, especially lights, horn, start, turn are out where the sun heats them up, wind blows them dry and gets dirt, dust/trash into the switches.
In mild or wet climates, use wd40 with extreme prejudice, In hot, dry, windy climates, just a light dusting with extra fine graphite, after being cleaned with contact cleaner....

mrt
08-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the information. I was 1,000 miles away and headed for home when they quit working. Bought some WD40 at gas station and applied liberally. Still didn’t work. Just rode home and used hand signals, was almost all interstate riding, so was ok. Got home last night, went out today and sprayed electric cleaner in switch, works fine now. Was surprised the WD40 did not work.