PDA

View Full Version : Hogback Mountain VT

damark115
07-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Took a spontanious trip Sunday. Grabbed rte 28 from Mass into NH. Took Rte 111 to Rte 101A Nashua NH. We followed 101A to 101 Which led into Rte 9 and into Vermont. This is called the Molly Stark Trail. We stopped at Hogback Mountain for the 100 mile view looking south over Massachusetts. Wonderful road though not anything like the Blue Ridge Parkway. We then took Rte 100 into North Adams Mass. We headed east up the hairpin turn (15 mph) and followed Rte 2 back across the state till we hit Rte 495 and then northeast to home. My girl loves to ride on the back and after 280 miles neither of us were all that sore. We stopped at a few places to eat and grab coffee along the way. We saw 3 different Nomads but never with both of us stopped to chat. Sorry only a couple pics and nothing spectacular. Plus I haven't grasped posting pics yet.

07-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh...too bad. Photos are mandatory! http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif

You need to get a free hosting account at Photobucket or Flickr or someplace similar. You can up-load them there, and just post the links here.

It takes a bit of diddling to figure it out, but once you do the process is very easy.

damark115
07-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Thank you
I will have to give it a try.

racinchef
07-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Nice little write-up on a nice central New England ride. If you ever wander back this way PM me and maybe we can get together for a ride. I am due to pop in to MOM's so when I do I will let you know. My only riding in southern Vermont has been route 100 to 30 down into Brattleboro. There's just too many great places to ride around here.

kawgirl
07-21-2008, 09:32 PM
I agree with that statement racinchef! I loved every road we found in Vermont last summer.