PDA

View Full Version : New beginnings

cactusjack
07-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Okay folks, so I guess this is the new 6-region format. The SW region now includes the states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and Colorado. That's a lot of real estate! It's going to be interesting to make this work, not impossible, not necessarily difficult, just interesting...

If you're posting local ride info, please use the two letter state abbreviation in the subject. Examples: Saturday Ride to Tombstone (AZ) or Ride to Breckenridge (CO). Maybe this will help members weed out messages that don't necessarily apply to them? I enjoy reading about the antics of the SoCal Hooligans, but perhaps not everyone else does. I guess we'll just figure things out as we go along.

Since this area is not password protected, please be sensitive about posting your personal information. Email is probably the best medium for sharing personal information and using the PM function within the forum would be second best.

How do you feel about keeping a list of contact information for those in the region who choose to share it? It could be updated periodically and sent out via email. Let me know.

Your ideas and suggestions are welcome, I'm not the end-all-be-all here. Speaking for myself and our esteemed Assistant Regional Leader, Audiogooroo (if I may be so presumptuous), we're here to serve you.

Having said all this, welcome to the new KawaNOW Southwest Region! I appreciate the confidence you have bestowed upon me, and I'll try really hard not to screw things up and let you all down.

ells
07-13-2008, 11:53 PM
CJ,

Glad to have you at the helm. I think this new system will work well for us, was just kind of hard to lose a ride thread just at its culmination with a few people depending on the tread for info, but that's behind us now and we're destine for a great ride. Really too bad you can't make it, I notice you need to color in Colorado, needs to be a goal you know, being RL and all...

Congrats on your new non-paying job. When's our first regional ride :)

blowndodge
07-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Where do I get my refund??? http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

I'm on board with ya CJ!!!!

cactusjack
07-14-2008, 12:03 AM
CJ,

Glad to have you at the helm. I think this new system will work well for us, was just kind of hard to lose a ride thread just at its culmination with a few people depending on the tread for info, but that's behind us now and we're destine for a great ride. Really too bad you can't make it, I notice you need to color in Colorado, needs to be a goal you know, being RL and all...

Congrats on your new non-paying job. When's our first regional ride :)

The trip to Custer for the rally will give me NM, CO, WY, SD and possibly NE to color in on my map.

dantama
07-14-2008, 09:31 AM
I think the state abbreviation is a good idea in the subject lines, and a contact info list would be a good addition too. Thanks

ice793
07-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Nice to have our own corner of the board.

07-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey, which region got Hawaii?

Don't we have a single Nomad owner in Hawaii?

07-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Why yes CQ...we DO have ONE member in Hawaii....

KawaNOW #00394 Robert Weiner Bob Kalaheo HI USA RED/SLV 2007

07-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh yeah!!!!!!!

Congrats on your new & exciting positions guys!!!

You are in charge of making sure there is plenty of beer at the get togethers right CJ?

07-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure that since we DO have a member in Hawaii (thanks, Sue) that the southwest region RL should have Hawaii within his dominion.

cactusjack
07-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh yeah!!!!!!!

Congrats on your new & exciting positions guys!!!

You are in charge of making sure there is plenty of beer at the get togethers right CJ?

Only at the get togethers I attend, Sue.

07-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh... :-/ Ok.... :'(

07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Attendance for the RL is mandatory. Did you read the bylaws, CJ?

07-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Cactus Jackie, Here's your chance to take over the entire Western Region if none of those Northwesterners step up!!

Today the entire Western Region....... Tomorrow............?? ;)

cactusjack
07-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Cactus Jackie, Here's your chance to take over the entire Western Region if none of those Northwesterners step up!!

I don't think we have very many members in that region to begin with.

07-19-2008, 06:20 PM

I don't think we have very many members in that region to begin with.

True..... we may have to give Upper No Cal to the NW Region!! lol

Other option is we just reclaim it!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

rlfaubion
07-24-2008, 02:19 PM
They're certainly a quiet bunch, if they exist at all?

07-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Bunch? ???

I think there's maybe 4 of us north of the Grapvine.

rlfaubion
07-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Yep, doesn't seem to be many of us up this way. I'm thinking of offering The Sierra Gold Run in August to others as there just isn't much response from our forum here. I was hoping we could fill the deal with Nomads