PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

ddelledge
07-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, I think its time we had a posting here in our Northwest chapter board. To get things started, let's all chime in and let everyone know we're here. I'll get it going:

Dennis here; I'm a new Nomad owner (1 month strong) with a 2008 Blue/Silver model. I live in Nampa, ID and would be happy to hear from other Northwest riders.

rlfaubion
07-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Go check the main board for the "NorCal Nomad Biker Party" announcement. Ya all come ya hear?

bigjohn
07-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Well, welcome to the board. I'm up here in Lake Stevens, WA.

racinchef
07-21-2008, 04:42 PM
I got lost and ended up here. I think I should have turned north in Rutland. Am I on the wrong coast? Isn't this Portland, Maine?

Idaho
07-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Idaho here. SE corner of the state. Pocatello to be exact. Dennis, I'm heading to Boise next week for work, plan to spend two nights and ride to Horseshoe Bend one night and Idaho City the other for dinner. If you are interested in trying to link up lemmeknow.

Who wants to be our leader? Or are we going for that "self-directed" work force thing in the NW? I can't do it. Spend too much time here as it is and need to cut back.

cactusjack
07-23-2008, 12:58 AM
I got lost and ended up here. I think I should have turned north in Rutland. Am I on the wrong coast? Isn't this Portland, Maine?

Hmmm, I think we should chip in and buy Bruce a GPS. Seems to get lost...a lot. He was lost in the SW region yesterday. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Idaho
07-23-2008, 10:12 PM

Hmmm, I think we should chip in and buy Bruce a GPS. Seems to get lost...a lot. He was lost in the SW region yesterday. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Will a GPS work here? Damn technology is moving faster than I can keep up!

Top Cat
07-29-2008, 12:42 PM

Hey wait a sec. If you guys here in the Northwest are going to start buying GPS units for us Northeastern riders who get lost, I'll have one Thank You http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

rksaw
07-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Hey all,
Rich here...just bought a '99 Nomad from a former CHP officer. He wanted to ride until he reached 80, but just missed it by 2 years. I love the bike and can't wait to get on it once work slows down just a bit.

audiogooroo
08-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey all,
Rich here...just bought a '99 Nomad from a former CHP officer. He wanted to ride until he reached 80, but just missed it by 2 years. I love the bike and can't wait to get on it once work slows down just a bit.
Hi Rich.
North Bend I see. I grew up there. Hauser actually. Moved to Colorado in the early seventies. Beautiful there when the sun shines. Of course I can remember going for months without the sun though. ;)

rksaw
08-12-2008, 01:36 AM
North Bend I see. I grew up there. Hauser actually.

AG, That's funny! I'm the Youth Pastor for Hauser Community Church! This has been a great place to live and we have appreciated being here for the past 7 years.
Rich

boilerbob
08-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Boilerbob here from Walla Walla Washington. Own a 2007 Vulcan Nomad 1600 and the wife has a 2007 Honda 750 Shadow Spirit. Glad to see there are others out there that own Vulcans and love to ride. Have yet to take a long ride as my schedule is pretty messed up. However, I am eligible to retire in November and -just might-Then I would have lots of time for long runs. Wifes cousin who lives here has a 1600 Vulcan Classic, and I'm trying to get him to join. Would appreciate hearing from other riders...

rksaw
08-17-2008, 03:15 AM
Bob,
It is great to see that you joined. We look forward to getting to know you.
Take care,
Rich

schoeney
08-17-2008, 05:29 AM
Hi Guys,

Schoeney here from Vancouver, WA. I consider it a suburb of Portland, OR. Glad to see more people from the NW. I have only seen 2 Nomads around here since I got mine...3 months ago. Kind of nice being a little different!
Hey BigJohn. Two questions....do you know any o the Schreibers from Lake Stevens and I thought I saw an ad for your bike? Are you selling it? If so what are you getting to replace it?

Netnorske
08-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi All,
I am new to KawaNOW but live in Everett, WA. I posted my vitals yesterday on the main page under "New Guy"...so I won't repeat it all here. Just wanted to give a nod to other NW riders! I love it here in the NW....born and raised. Cheers!

rksaw
08-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Kris,
Welcome to the Nomad House and nice pictures there.
Rich