PDA

View Full Version : National Rally

chainsaw
07-09-2008, 10:17 PM
I know I saw the dates and place on this site, but could not find it again. Could someone please post it again. Thanks

cactusjack
07-09-2008, 10:33 PM
June 16-18 2009, in Custer South Dakota. That's a Tue/Wed/Thu, if you're wondering.

07-10-2008, 10:53 AM
June 16-18 2009, in Custer South Dakota. That's a Tue/Wed/Thu, if you're wondering.

I gotta look at a map... do I have to ride through Death Valley in the Summer?????

chainsaw
07-10-2008, 11:26 AM
You could always trailer, or ride at night. Damn hot, been there done that.

chainsaw
07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Just checked out the site for Custer, South Dakota. Lots of places to stay, lots to do and some great riding. Check it out and make your plan's now to be there. Starting to put some money in the old piggy bank now. And Nico, you could always ride north and hang a right in Oregon to South Dakota. Avoids Death Valley and will give you plenty of saddle time. ha

abbo
07-10-2008, 04:41 PM
There are plenty of places to stay and I already booked at a mom/pop place called Chief motel- small- but they cater to bikers from what I could read. Have space under a roof for 10 bikes and they provide you with a cleaning rag everday. She also mentioned free passes to Custer State Park, etc. depending on how many nights you stay!!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif SEE YA!! Abbo

rlfaubion
07-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey Nico, you could ride up this way. We're hook'n up with Wolfman near SLC and riding out highway 40 accross Utah. You're welcome to ride with us up thisaway

phenrichs
07-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Man I am jealous. Y'all get to ride through the Rockies to get here. All I get is 6 hours on the I90 slab from east to west. I live in eastern SD. I wont be out until Wednesday sometime but if anyone is passing through Sioux Falls feel free to give me a shout. I booked up at the Mile High Inn in Custer. Mention their internet special and she gives you an additional $5 a night discount. The lady told me there is a laundromat next door on one side and a restaurant on the other. Now I just have to get my trailer built!

cactusjack
07-11-2008, 10:03 AM
So...will the hotels be "every man for himself" or are we going to try to reserve a block of rooms at one place?

socwkbiker
07-11-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm going to be contacting a couple of hotels this week to look into blocks of rooms so we don't have to have an every man for themselves situation. I'll let you know what I find out this as soon as I talk to them.

cactusjack
07-11-2008, 10:29 AM
In Mesquite, we had people scattered all over town and it makes things a little more complicated.

phenrichs
07-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Fortunately Custer isnt that big. My wife and I were already going out there for vaca next year and had the reservation. Just had to change dates.

07-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Hey Nico, you could ride up this way. We're hook'n up with Wolfman near SLC and riding out highway 40 accross Utah. You're welcome to ride with us up thisaway

Thanks Valdez, I may just take you up on that! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

socwkbiker
07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting really hyped about the national rally!

We are still considering motels for the base motel, but it appears to be leaning toward the Bavarian Inn. I've asked Waterman to give me information about the motel. If any of you have been there, please send me a PM.

I spoke with Carrie at the Bavarian Inn and they have blocked the inn for us at this time. They even have a 3 bedroom Condo that sleeps 10 if some of you would like to go in together.

The website is http://www.bavarianinnsd.com/ and the toll-free number is 1-800-657-4312. When you call, let them know you are with KawaNow and that we have the Triple A rate per Carrie.

If the inn is full, they will not leave you hanging. They will refer you to local motels in the area and will work on the rates as well.

I'll be making my reservation today, and I recommend that if you know you are definitely going make your reservation now!

07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Sounds cool SWB.....but for one thing....their restaurant DOESN'T serve BEER!!!!!!

trevwales
07-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes it does Sue, it has a good variety under the BAR menu. Scroll down on the restaurant page.

waterman
07-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Sounds cool SWB.....but for one thing....their restaurant DOESN'T serve BEER!!!!!!

As it was said, yes it does. Ate there a couple years ago. Good German Lager, can't remember the name thou.

Also talked to the manager and they have a room that could be used to host a meal for us.

07-12-2008, 04:01 PM
WHEEWWW!

Ok...I was worried about CJ....that's all!!!

cactusjack
07-12-2008, 09:01 PM

<marquee>WHAT??? NO BEER??? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!</marquee>

Yes it does Sue, it has a good variety under the BAR menu. Scroll down on the restaurant page.

Whew! Don't do that to me, guys! That's not funny!

ells
07-13-2008, 08:43 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting really hyped about the national rally!

We are still considering motels for the base motel, but it appears to be leaning toward the Bavarian Inn. I've asked Waterman to give me information about the motel. If any of you have been there, please send me a PM.

I spoke with Carrie at the Bavarian Inn and they have blocked the inn for us at this time. They even have a 3 bedroom Condo that sleeps 10 if some of you would like to go in together.

The website is http://www.bavarianinnsd.com/ and the toll-free number is 1-800-657-4312. When you call, let them know you are with KawaNow and that we have the Triple A rate per Carrie.

If the inn is full, they will not leave you hanging. They will refer you to local motels in the area and will work on the rates as well.

I'll be making my reservation today, and I recommend that if you know you are definitely going make your reservation now!

Good call on the Bavarian. Just on the the north edge of Custer and on one of the main highways but set back enough so the road traffic is not a issue. Should be large enough to accommodate the entire anticipated KawaNow group (unless this gets really big but then plenty of other places in town) with all the necessities and amenities in one place with the rest of the town within easy access.

I'm guessing there would be no deadline on getting the AAA rates just a matter of when they might book full. Any specific deadline on holding a block of rooms or just a first-come policy?

coacha
07-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Room reserved at 5:09 p.m. today!

socwkbiker
07-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Ells I am expecting a call from the manager today about a block of rooms. I will keep you posted.

phenrichs
07-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Here's a link to check when planning your trip. It has all the stuff in the area to go see and do. I live in SD and this will be my second week long trip to the hills and I still don't think I will get to see it all.
http://www.blackhillsbadlands.com/