PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to next year

cnc
07-24-2017, 11:31 AM
At the national in lake george some folks talked of heading east to Cape Breton next summer as a group. Here is a short vid from Harley with a few shots of the Cabot trail as a teaser. Click on maritime ride then the 3rd video.
https://pages.m.harley-davidson.ca/commonground

tomm
07-25-2017, 11:11 AM
I think it would make for a great event. Riding the Cabot Trail is just plain spectacular, and it would be nice to do it with someone who really knows the area.

Sue and I are in, and I'm pretty certain that Michael and Shanna would be in as well.

Top Cat
07-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Cindy and I would be up for it also.
She would need a set date ahead of time to get the needed time of of course.

fish
07-25-2017, 04:00 PM
I think Tim and myself need several days head start. If I don't get another bike well will be trailering.

Top Cat
07-25-2017, 04:36 PM
I planned a trip out there a couple years ago when Cindy expressed an interest in going there someday.
2600 miles round trip, hell we went 5000 on our trip to Colorado.
I had my Nomad and she had her 750 Honda Shadow.

cnc
07-25-2017, 09:01 PM
I think Tim and myself need several days head start. If I don't get another bike well will be trailering.

What is wrong with your bike Larry?

onesherpa
07-25-2017, 09:37 PM
Mary and I are in. The tough part is having to wait a year to go!

cnc
07-26-2017, 08:59 AM
I think it would make for a great event. Riding the Cabot Trail is just plain spectacular, and it would be nice to do it with someone who really knows the area.

Sue and I are in, and I'm pretty certain that Michael and Shanna would be in as well.

There is another green briefs rider living down that way, oh Patroit where are you:D

ringadingh
07-26-2017, 09:05 AM
The Cabot Trail would be an excellent ride, its absolutely beautiful there, Its a ride Ive always wanted to do on the bike. If I'm able I'll try to make that one next season.

cnc
07-26-2017, 09:12 AM
Cindy and I would be up for it also.
She would need a set date ahead of time to get the needed time of of course.

I'm sure we can figure out a date that works for all well in advance. I'll have to check my work schedule too.:hmm:

fish
07-26-2017, 11:26 AM
What is wrong with your bike Larry?
I don't think I lost more than a couple of ounces of oil from that seal. When we got home I was a quart low :ohno:. Its been using some oil before the rally. It has 74,+++ miles on it.

Top Cat
07-26-2017, 12:11 PM
I don't think I lost more than a couple of ounces of oil from that seal. When we got home I was a quart low :ohno:. Its been using some oil before the rally. It has 74,+++ miles on it.

You need to put some kind of adhesive on that seal next time it comes out.
74,000 miles on a Nomad is not that much. I had 88,000 on my 07 and have 54,000 on my 08. You could buy my 08 :yep: I'm sure it would make the trip with no problem.
Or maybe a nice Victory would be good :D

cnc
07-26-2017, 12:57 PM

Carry some oil with you and Check it a few times during the trip. As for the seal, as Tim says glue it in. 3m 5200 is what I would use. It is a high performance sealant glue far superior to silicone sealant.

cnc
07-26-2017, 01:11 PM
The Cabot Trail would be an excellent ride, its absolutely beautiful there, Its a ride Ive always wanted to do on the bike. If I'm able I'll try to make that one next season.

Been quite awhile since we've seen you at a rally Steve, would be great to see you. When we get into discussions about dates let us know what would work for you. Only concern other than best time for best weather is last week of July, 1st week of August is construction holiday for Quebec. Not the best time for the trip as a good part of the Quebec population is on holidays and head out in all directions.

fish
07-26-2017, 01:38 PM
Carry some oil with you and Check it a few times during the trip. As for the seal, as Tim says glue it in. 3m 5200 is what I would use. It is a high performance sealant glue far superior to silicone sealant.

I was going to ask you what the name of that sealant was. and like Amin said get a new seal just incase.

fish
07-26-2017, 01:47 PM
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/transcontinental-touring
check this out but at 25,000 grand but after buying a new vehicle less than year ago. :hmm:

Top Cat
07-26-2017, 04:15 PM
You know that bike weighs over 900 lbs right ?

fish
07-26-2017, 04:43 PM
You know that bike weighs over 900 lbs right ? But But, maybe it has a low center of gravity. lol

Iamriding
07-26-2017, 06:12 PM
Sounds like a great trip. I'll try and make it. July is better for me.

cnc
07-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Sounds like a great trip. I'll try and make it. July is better for me.

Where abouts are you in Ontario? There may be other folks interested from Ontario as well. We some of us have been thinking is the idea behind this event is a rally that is not a rally as we know them. Getting there is half the fun and folks will meet and pick up others along the way. There may be possibly two main groups, ones from the US travelling through Maine and ones from Canada travelling through New Brunswick all meeting in Baddeck Cape Breton. No organized group rides except we all will want to ride the Cabot Trail. We will all stay at the same hotel in Baddeck and the emphasis will be more on socializing and do your own thing type riding or impromptu rides.

cnc
07-26-2017, 08:14 PM
But But, maybe it has a low center of gravity. lol

Didn't Ring lower the centre of gravity of his Nomad with some chrome heavy object hanging from the bottom of his rear fender?, I always thought the Idea was Nuts.:lmao:

Top Cat
07-26-2017, 10:30 PM
Didn't Ring lower the centre of gravity of his Nomad with some chrome heavy object hanging from the bottom of his rear fender?, I always thought the Idea was Nuts.:lmao:

Yeah I never understood that kind of stuff.
Kinda like the Harley guys with their vulgar stickers all over their helmets.
But that's just me, to each their own, guess I'm just old school in a lot of ways. :shrug:

Iamriding
07-26-2017, 10:48 PM
Where abouts are you in Ontario? There may be other folks interested from Ontario as well. We some of us have been thinking is the idea behind this event is a rally that is not a rally as we know them. Getting there is half the fun and folks will meet and pick up others along the way. There may be possibly two main groups, ones from the US travelling through Maine and ones from Canada travelling through New Brunswick all meeting in Baddeck Cape Breton. No organized group rides except we all will want to ride the Cabot Trail. We will all stay at the same hotel in Baddeck and the emphasis will be more on socializing and do your own thing type riding or impromptu rides.

Hi Norm. I am two hours north of Toronto so may or may not end up being one of the farthest of the Canadian group. It looks like it is about 2100 km one way for me.

I like the idea of riding towards Cape Breton and meeting up with members as we travel along increasing the group as we go and then meeting up with those coming from the States. That sounds like a cool idea and a lot of fun. Of course the route will depend on who is coming and where the meeting points are.

cnc
07-26-2017, 11:45 PM
Hi Norm. I am two hours north of Toronto so may or may not end up being one of the farthest of the Canadian group. It looks like it is about 2100 km one way for me.

I like the idea of riding towards Cape Breton and meeting up with members as we travel along increasing the group as we go and then meeting up with those coming from the States. That sounds like a cool idea and a lot of fun. Of course the route will depend on who is coming and where the meeting points are.

You might have company closer than you think, Ringadingh is in Newmarket and a couple in Belleville have expressed interest. I will probably ride down from North of Montreal and Meet my brother there. Two fairly big days of riding from Montreal to Beddeck. Early yet for logistics but never too early to get an idea of who would like to go.

fish
07-27-2017, 02:37 PM
That counter weight dangles and does a lot of swinging:yep:

cnc
07-27-2017, 03:46 PM
That counter weight dangles and does a lot of swinging:yep:

I'm not going to touch that comment, nope not gonna do it.:lmao:

Rasta
07-27-2017, 08:18 PM
I don't think I lost more than a couple of ounces of oil from that seal. When we got home I was a quart low :ohno:. Its been using some oil before the rally. It has 74,+++ miles on it.Don't hit the panic button yet. The bike had at the rally has over 100,000 miles on it. I just put the breather you see on it yesterday. These bikes are know to use oil at highway speeds. The breather is supposed to slow/stop that. You can read up on it on Gadgets page. I have heard BudMan put one on his and oil consumption has gone away https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170728/bfa05bf00cc9f812486c11a3925f4a7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

plumber63
07-27-2017, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=Rasta;689660]Don't hit the panic button yet. The bike had at the rally has over 100,000 miles on it. I just put the breather you see on it yesterday. These bikes are know to use oil at highway speeds. The breather is supposed to slow/stop that. You can read up on it on Gadgets page. I have heard BudMan put one on his and oil consumption has gone away [IMG]https://

I got mine in the mail yesterday. I have put 2 quarts in in the last 6500 miles. Two rally running harder than usual on the highway and in hill climbing. I hope it stops mine. I'm going to run some seafoam in the crankcase, then change oil and add this.

fish
07-28-2017, 06:31 AM
goin to check into it, thanks guys.

fish
07-28-2017, 08:00 AM
Damn! I found Gadgets page but can't find it, breather

cnc
07-28-2017, 08:18 AM
Damn! I found Gadgets page but can't find it, breather

See if this link works Larry.
http://www.vulcangadgets.com/files/cc_breather.html

Running seafoam in the crank case for a bit is not a bad idea either. If your rings and their seats are a bit carboned and sticky it will increase oil consumption. I did this on a tractor that was given to me and was smoking badly on start up. It still uses a bit of oil, but the blue smoke haze on start up has gone.

Iamriding
07-28-2017, 08:18 AM
Is this it, Fish:

http://vulcan.kissr.com/files/cc_breather.html

Top Cat
07-28-2017, 08:37 AM

I did this on a tractor that was given to me and was smoking badly on start up. It still uses a bit of oil, but the blue smoke haze on start up has gone.

Maybe it is still there but you don't notice as you have been inhaling that blue haze :yep:

cnc
07-28-2017, 09:00 AM
Maybe it is still there but you don't notice as you have been inhaling that blue haze :yep:

Dam Tim, you sound just like Brad used to!:lmao:

Top Cat
07-28-2017, 05:20 PM
Dam Tim, you sound just like Brad used to!:lmao:

This may surprise you but I consider that a compliment :D

cnc
07-28-2017, 08:03 PM
This may surprise you but I consider that a compliment :D

Start talking about ironing T shirts and declaring to be the most interesting man in the world and you got it nailed.:D

fish
07-28-2017, 08:19 PM

Running seafoam in the crank case for a bit is not a bad idea either. If your rings and their seats are a bit carboned and sticky it will increase oil consumption. I did this on a tractor that was given to me and was smoking badly on start up. It still uses a bit of oil, but the blue smoke haze on start up has gone.
thanks it still works :tup:

fish
07-28-2017, 08:19 PM
Is this it, Fish:

http://vulcan.kissr.com/files/cc_breather.html
:tup: thanks

Patriot
08-25-2017, 12:50 PM
I have told Bev about it, she said go. So "I'm In". I have yet do the Cabot Trail on a bike. I have done it by car, and I can say its spectacular. The hard part will be looking at all the views, and watching the road. It will be great to see some old friends, and make new.:cheers:

cnc
08-29-2017, 08:44 AM
I have told Bev about it, she said go. So "I'm In". I have yet do the Cabot Trail on a bike. I have done it by car, and I can say its spectacular. The hard part will be looking at all the views, and watching the road. It will be great to see some old friends, and make new.:cheers:

That's great Pete, you were missed at the last rally.
I think from our area, Cheryl and I are in as well as Al and Gerry. Al also has two riding buddies that want to come too. Should be lots of fun.

Patriot
08-31-2017, 12:44 PM
As soon as the dates and the motel are picked, I'll be booking a room. �� Will stay in touch, maybe we could hook up on the #104 around Truro for the ride to Cape Britton. ��

minst7877
09-06-2017, 01:18 AM
Need the dates asap Bud and his son are thinking they want to go on this one.

Don C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnc
09-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Don, we are still at the kicking it around stage to see if there is enough interest to do this. It would appear that there is. It will be a different style of rally than in the past. I imagine we will have a better idea of dates and hotel by November. I can say that the likely town will be Bedeck near the Cabot Trail.

robjob
09-26-2017, 11:02 AM

That would be great to see you again Pete. Obviously Lois and I are interested in this venture. We did it in 2014 and yes it is spectacular on a bike. Looking forward to seeing the details as they come together :tup:

cnc
10-26-2017, 09:09 AM
After discussion with Tom and Tim, we have posted in the rally section a thread with the possible dates. For those interested in going please reply with what dates work for you.
Once we choose a date we can move on to nailing down a hotel.
Thanks

spaceliner
12-21-2017, 07:02 AM
Glad I found this and hope the post are current. I am in the Cleveland Ohio area. Been wanting to do Nova Scotia > New Brunswick > Cabot trail. in 2018. Would like to meet and ride with a group if possible. Went to Americade in Lake George NY 2017. So for 2018 I am thinking I would do that again, then head to Nova Scotia. I am retired and flexible on the time./days. Keep me in mind if a group happens. Carl Shepard on a 09 Nomad

cnc
12-21-2017, 09:23 AM
Glad I found this and hope the post are current. I am in the Cleveland Ohio area. Been wanting to do Nova Scotia > New Brunswick > Cabot trail. in 2018. Would like to meet and ride with a group if possible. Went to Americade in Lake George NY 2017. So for 2018 I am thinking I would do that again, then head to Nova Scotia. I am retired and flexible on the time./days. Keep me in mind if a group happens. Carl Shepard on a 09 Nomad

Carl, it will happen. Check out the rallies section, Canada East / North East rally 2018 for more details. We have the date nailed down and some info, more details will be posted there as they come available.

Top Cat
12-21-2017, 12:33 PM
Carl if you do Americade on June 4 - 9 then head for Nova Scotia for the rally on July 16 - 20 you may be a little early :shrug: