PDA

View Full Version : Heel/toe shifter question

Ridefree
07-08-2017, 08:13 PM
I found when riding my bike the toe shifter is a bit to high for my liking . If it were about an inch lower I'd be happier .

Does anyone know if the pivot is splined and can be adjusted . Unlike the nomad the shifter is in one piece . Wouldn't bother me if the heel was raised up a bit also .

ringadingh
07-08-2017, 08:50 PM
It is splined and can be adjusted, its a five minute job to do.

gv550
07-09-2017, 06:35 AM
There is a spline at the pivot and at the transmission, but moving it one tooth will likely be too much difference at the toe and heel.
Just adjust the length of the tie rod, loosen the locknuts and spin the rod until the toe is where you like it. The front is right hand thread, the rear is left hand thread.

Ridefree
07-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the quick responses guys . The ECU is shipped away to have Ivan flash it , so I'll have some time to get to know her . I've ordered a manual but don't expect to see it soon . I'll take a better look at the set-up and see if I can adjust it to my comfort zone . If not I'm sure it won't take long to get use to it .

mbarr10
07-09-2017, 03:59 PM
I've ordered a manual but don't expect to see it soon .

Why wait, PM me your email address and I will send you a .PDF version. The file is to big for PMs and posts.

Ridefree
07-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Really appreciate the offer but I can wait . I'm stuck doing yard work today and then heading out for a quick ride on the nomad tonight . Back to work for the rest of the week . My wife said the manual should be here by wed .

SmokeHavel
07-20-2017, 06:52 AM
Why wait, PM me your email address and I will send you a .PDF version. The file is to big for PMs and posts.

mbarr, Would you mind send the pdf to me?

The Saint
07-20-2017, 02:07 PM
mbarr, Would you mind send the pdf to me?

mbarr10
07-21-2017, 08:06 PM
I would love to send it to you. Just PM me with your email address. Specify if you want the 1700 service manual or the 1500 service manual. I have both.