PDA

View Full Version : Voyager size of speakers

MrMikey
07-01-2017, 06:32 PM
The speakers on my '09 Voyager are starting to rattle, looking for a half decent replacement speaker of the same size which are 5 1/4" ??? and 4 Ω, are they not?.
I don't want to have to modify anything, just plug and play :-). Any suggestions that won't break the bank and that are available in Canada?.............Mike

JD Hog
07-01-2017, 07:58 PM
I installed Hogtunes for Voyagers and they are plug and play.

Hogtunes (https://www.ebay.com/b/Hogtunes-Motorcycle-Speakers-for-Kawasaki-Vulcan-1700/180519/bn_21751893)

KVR-52 Speakers (http://www.metrixaudio.com/products/KVRSpeaker.php)

MrMikey
07-02-2017, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the reply JD.............Mike

Bud2rat
07-02-2017, 04:09 AM
Hogtune's website stated that they were no longer available. Metrix Audio offers the speakers.

MrMikey
07-02-2017, 07:26 AM
I just checked Metrix site and lo and behold they're cheaper Canadian than US, go figure, I'm not complaining believe me LOL. An actual Canadian company to boot.
JD, I'm blaming you for this :-).
Is the amp worth what you get out of it? I'm not one to blast tunes super loud going down the road, I can hear my original speakers quite well as it is now with ear plugs in to block the wind noise, they just rattle (the speakers, not the ear plugs LOL)
So it' $120 for the two speakers or $420 for the speakers and amp.....another $300, is it worth it?
Anyones' thoughts?............Mike

mbarr10
07-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Super cheap,
Since lots of people are replacing stock speakers, pick up a used pair, from a member that's plug and Play.

MrMikey
07-02-2017, 05:17 PM
...pick up a used pair....,
I know what you're saying but I'd rather go new and be done with it. I'm wondering now if the amp is worth it or just go with the speakers. The cheap in me is saying speakers, if someone tells me it's a miraculous improvement in sound, I'll go the amp as well.........Mike

Lumberjack
07-02-2017, 08:29 PM
You are better off going with the 6 1/2" speaker adapters and dropping in 6 1/2" speakers. You can't go wrong any way. If you decided to amp it up later even better! Trust me

http://engineeredadapters.com/shop

MrMikey
07-03-2017, 03:35 AM
You are better off going with the 6 1/2" speaker adapter.....
Not really a fan of the look, thanks for the input tho...................MIke

OhioVoyager
07-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Those adapters are the most beautiful things I've ever seen (ok, except for my children), lol!!

Kopperhed
07-06-2017, 12:52 AM
I know what you're saying but I'd rather go new and be done with it. I'm wondering now if the amp is worth it or just go with the speakers. The cheap in me is saying speakers, if someone tells me it's a miraculous improvement in sound, I'll go the amp as well.........Mike

if you install 50-100 amp speakers and aren't driving them, why bother?

After installing the Klockwerks/Kicker Fitkit this weekend, I would recommend going with the amp, too. Can't speak for the Metrix KVR set-up, but it is about $100 dollars cheaper than the Kicker package.

MrMikey
07-06-2017, 01:40 AM
I ordered the speakers, once I get them installed, I'll see if the amp is something I should have got..........Mike

Lumberjack
07-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Apparently speakers are to been "seen" not heard...:lmao:

Those adapters are the most beautiful things I've ever seen (ok, except for my children), lol!!

mbarr10
07-06-2017, 11:11 AM

They are nice, but you just maybe a bit bias. Just a bit.:yep:

:lmao:

mbarr10
07-06-2017, 11:17 AM
What is the danger of better speakers that I have read, in over heating the stock amp ,if you chose to forgo an additional amp.?
I read it on the internet so it must be true?

MrMikey
07-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Ordered them Monday afternoon and arrived today, just finished installing them, took all of 25 minutes and most of that was spent cleaning areas that don't see the sun shine.
I had a song that I played on the mp3 player before I changed them, the same song after changing, quite a noticeable difference.
Volume seems slightly higher for the same setting, sound is a lot sharper, more distinct and I didn't appear to lose any bass, actually might have gained a bit.
The speakers I took out were Panasonic, that stock for the Voyager?
A good investment IMHO, better than my seat mod (more noticable return for the $$$$)..........Mike

Glenn54
07-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Which speakers did you get? Glad you like them.

Ordered them Monday afternoon and arrived today, just finished installing them, took all of 25 minutes and most of that was spent cleaning areas that don't see the sun shine.
I had a song that I played on the mp3 player before I changed them, the same song after changing, quite a noticeable difference.
Volume seems slightly higher for the same setting, sound is a lot sharper, more distinct and I didn't appear to lose any bass, actually might have gained a bit.
A good investment IMHO, better than my seat mod (more noticable return for the $$$$)..........Mike

MrMikey
07-13-2017, 06:43 PM
Got the KVR-52 http://www.metrixaudio.com/products/KVRSpeaker.php

Ridefree
07-14-2017, 08:51 AM
Thanks Mike :tup: for posting your review on these speakers . I noticed on my last ride that my left speaker was making a " crackling " sound . Not a bad price but I think I'll do the same and just order the speakers . I'll decide later if I need the amp as well .

Great forum !!!! :cheers:

MrMikey
07-14-2017, 06:31 PM
You're welcome.
I noticed on my last ride that my left speaker was making a " crackling " sound

Must be a Kawi thing, same side that went bad on mine LOL.......Mike

Kopperhed
07-14-2017, 10:31 PM

stock speakers have no branding whatsoever......... Kawi or otherwise.
Let me qualify that, the factory speakers on my 2011 Vaquero have no identifying signage.

gmer140
08-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Just viewed video of amp and speakers. Looks like a great plug and play unit made for our bike. I notice oem speakers dont perform great, especially on bass notes. I will try speakers 1st, not sure im ready to get into fairing for amp on brand new bike yet.