PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a blacked out air cleaner?

Unitgmc220
04-12-2017, 02:59 AM
I am looking for a blacked out air intake cleaner for a 2013 Vaquero. I've been looking all over the internet, but have only found chrome ones, or custom made ones. If anyone has one and could let me know where they got it from it would be greatly appreciated.

skullbagger
04-12-2017, 07:13 AM
thunder had them, but out of business from what I've read. You
might wait and see if there parts appear under a another name

recumbentbob
04-12-2017, 07:40 AM
Take a chrome one and spray it with black Plasti Dip then spray it with the Plasti Dip clear.

Top Cat
04-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Take a chrome one and spray it with black Plasti Dip then spray it with the Plasti Dip clear.

Exactly what I was thinking.

terryd
04-12-2017, 02:41 PM
I am looking for a blacked out air intake cleaner for a 2013 Vaquero. I've been looking all over the internet, but have only found chrome ones, or custom made ones. If anyone has one and could let me know where they got it from it would be greatly appreciated.

I just ordered a Roaring Toyz which is black with silver machined accents.
https://www.buynowroaringtoyz.com/Kawasaki_Vulcan_Vaquero_1700_Parts_s/255.htm

I didn't notice this one when I ordered mine. Must be new and has more black.
https://www.buynowroaringtoyz.com/Kawasaki_Vaquero_Black_Custom_Air_Intake_Kit_Six_p/vaqac8b.htm

Unitgmc220
04-16-2017, 02:07 AM
Thanks guys... some great ideas. I thought about the plastidip, but I was wondering if it would be too hot for it due to the insane heat the bike puts out. terryd, thanks for the link on the second roaring toyz, I really like that new one!

plumber63
04-16-2017, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys... some great ideas. I thought about the plastidip, but I was wondering if it would be too hot for it due to the insane heat the bike puts out. terryd, thanks for the link on the second roaring toyz, I really like that new one!

The dip will hold up just fine. I wouldn't put the clear over the black, it makes it look more like plastic than paint. 4-5 coats and let it cure. I have it on my lowers and it holds up better to the stones kicking up than paint.
I had it on my air cleaner covers for over 2 years no issues (you can see them in my avatar). Just took it off this spring for a different look.
That's what nice about the dip, you can remove it and go back to stock. Or you can spray over it with a different color of dip to change the look.:tup: