PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis, SD

n9151
06-29-2008, 10:48 PM
:) anyone going to Sturgis?

ringadingh
06-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Id like to someday, but its quite a haul from here.

watchman
06-30-2008, 06:47 AM
We are going by there next week on our way to Oregon. Was there 2 years ago and toured the town but not during the rally. Too many people for me at rally time!!! Besides in August it is hot. Bad enough when we where there the end of June.

namvet
06-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Yep, leaving July 30th with a buddy that will drive ( his pickup) here to Ft wayne from Florida, then we take off for Sturgis ( on the bikes). We meet up with three other riders on the evenging of the 31st in Worthington, MN at the Days Inn. taking off Friday AM for the last leg to Sturgis area. My bud and I are doing the KOA camping thing just west of Custer on Hwy 16, the rest of the party will be at the Super 8 in Hill City. We all head back east on the 7th. They still have tent sites available, so come on down.

Idaho
06-30-2008, 08:47 PM
I should be able to make it in one day from here but I have no desire to go during the Rally week. Too many nuts for my taste.

ells
06-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Was just there last Friday. Waterman, me, and a couple others were the only bikes on main street. Man is that going change fast and I'm glad I'm outathere.

07-01-2008, 04:19 PM
After going to Laughlin this year, I'll pass

pirate
07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm going to try and make it to Sturgis this year. A group of riders always goes from my town, but I've never went with them due to new jobs, moving, weddings, etc...
But, this year I think things will work out. I've been told it's something you have to see at least once in your life. I'm not a big fan of large crowds, so I probably won't stay long, but it's something I'd like to cross off the "bucket list!"

ells
07-02-2008, 08:43 AM
I would agree with PC, is good to see it once, even if no more than to pass through town for a few hours that week although the entire area, couple hundred mile radius, is affected by the masses. I even chose not to do it on a bike but don't think I missed too much but obviously didn't get the full experience. Enough though for my bucket list.