PDA

View Full Version : 21in front wheel concerns. Helpppppp

robj
01-23-2017, 11:37 PM
Ok ordered my 21in wheel from Don at rotation today. Took me 2 weeks to make the decision after weeks of reading prior. Now I'm having second thoughts and may cancel the order. Any issues for those who already have one installed? Suggestions for installation and so on? Thanks for your help guys.

swampoodle
01-25-2017, 01:06 AM
Believe in your 2 weeks of research.. I personally haven't changed my front wheel yet, but it's only a matter of time. It looks awesome in my opinion.
Out of interest, which style did you go for?

robj
01-25-2017, 12:29 PM
Apollo darkside. I guess I'm just concerned with pushing the fork tubes up and the fender making contact

SmittyRoc115
01-25-2017, 01:35 PM
I have a 21" front wheel on my 2011 Vaquero and the only problem is dinging the fender every now and then due to the forks being slipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puckman77
01-25-2017, 01:38 PM
I too was stuck between the common 21" wheel versus the much less common 19".
After much research (like you), two things finally swayed me to go with the 19": I like the look of the 19" on the HD Road Glide/Street Glide (19" on Vaquero results in the same dimensions as the HDs and also retains stock diameter) and I didn't want to fuss with the forks and/or stock geometry. That said, I haven't seen any complaints about 21", unless this thread produces some.

robj
01-25-2017, 07:28 PM
Guess my biggest concern is fender dings from slipping the forks. Although I do plan on swapping the chrome glow front turn signals on and may do roaring toyz apes which would eliminate the brake line block under the triples. But both of those cost extra and will be a ways away.

Has anyone done a 21 and not slipped the forks?

robj
01-25-2017, 07:29 PM
I have a 21" front wheel on my 2011 Vaquero and the only problem is dinging the fender every now and then due to the forks being slipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happen often? How far did u slip them? And what situations have caused it to hit?

DragonLady58
01-28-2017, 03:17 AM
Well, you can install a spacer in your springs about1" or so longer than stock. I've installed a few on the streetglides and such. When I install mine, I'm gonna run a spacer in my springs. Also, they have raked trees, too, that slightly increase your front clearance.
If your worried about it, call the guys the have the front wheel kits for the Vaqueros and ask them.
You can also notch your neck, kick it out about 3 degrees, and reweld it, but I would only suggest you do that if you know what your doing on your frame.
I would suggest, if it were me, install a spacer, and preload your springs another inch or so....

Rookie13
01-28-2017, 09:03 PM
Have Roaring Toyz 21 front with their 13" bars. Did NOT slip the forks. Really like how it rides and feels all around. Might not be for everyone. Did have to lower headlight adjustment.

swampoodle
01-29-2017, 01:27 AM
Have Roaring Toyz 21 front with their 13" bars. Did NOT slip the forks. Really like how it rides and feels all around. Might not be for everyone. Did have to lower headlight adjustment.

I've just ordered the Bars and plan to order the front wheel when funds permit. Any chance you'd post a pic? Cheers

EDIT: I just found your pics, your bike looks awesome!