PDA

View Full Version : Insurance - US folks attending the rally

tomm
06-28-2016, 08:22 PM
If you are from the US and traveling to the rally, it is highly recommended, and possibly mandatory that you obtain a yellow card from your insurance company showing that you have vehicle insurance that meets minimum Canadian requirements.
Check out the section "Financial Responsibility Laws in Canada" at https://www.aaawa.com/maps_resources/pdfs/beforeyougo/USCanBorderCrossing.pdf
for more details.
Fines are significant. Got pulled over at a motorcycle checkpoint some years back on the Gaspe and they wanted to see it. It's free and all you have to do is ask for it.

bladenbullet
06-28-2016, 10:51 PM
I would check with your insurance company and make sure you have full coverage outside of your state....

don't laugh...I had a lawyer tell me it happens more often than people think...especially with motorcycle policies...read the fine print regarding all your coverages....

Rasta
07-01-2016, 10:25 PM
I would check with your insurance company and make sure you have full coverage outside of your state....

don't laugh...I had a lawyer tell me it happens more often than people think...especially with motorcycle policies...read the fine print regarding all your coverages....

Hmmm. Good thought