PDA

View Full Version : BAKER AIR WING COMPATIBILITY-Voyager

H8BUGZ
06-27-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm wondering if anyone is using Baker Air Wings with Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs. It looks like the crash-bar mounting points are too close to fit a boot onto the peg. I know how expensive and ugly they are-just want to know about mounting issues. Thanks!

mike07nad
06-28-2016, 07:11 AM
I'm wondering if anyone is using Baker Air Wings with Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs. It looks like the crash-bar mounting points are too close to fit a boot onto the peg. I know how expensive and ugly they are-just want to know about mounting issues. Thanks!

I'm assuming you are attempting to Change Air and Water flow around your Voyager.

Here is a Trick / Mod that I have used for all 3 of my Voyagers. Ugly and it works - Great conversation starter also. Edit - It also keeps your knees dry riding in the rain.

Take a ft section of 3/4 inch foam Pipe insulation or a section of Pool Noodle (Your choice of Color). Wrap duct tape around bike forward end (Gotta keep the water our - or it becomes a hose in the rain). Press it into the gap between fairing and lower. Angle the back end out in Rain and Cold. Angle back end in in Heat.

While I haven't done any scientific tests - I get better mileage with them in than when I have them out. Check out this picture.

H8BUGZ
06-28-2016, 08:29 AM
I'm assuming you are attempting to Change Air and Water flow around your Voyager.

Here is a Trick / Mod that I have used for all 3 of my Voyagers. Ugly and it works - Great conversation starter also. Edit - It also keeps your knees dry riding in the rain.

Take a ft section of 3/4 inch foam Pipe insulation or a section of Pool Noodle (Your choice of Color). Wrap duct tape around bike forward end (Gotta keep the water our - or it becomes a hose in the rain). Press it into the gap between fairing and lower. Angle the back end out in Rain and Cold. Angle back end in in Heat.

While I haven't done any scientific tests - I get better mileage with them in than when I have them out. Check out this picture.

I"m aware of the foam gap filler, but not sure if redirecting air in that small gap is enough for me. I have manufactured a bracket and used Goldwing mirror wings with little success. Baker actually appears to fill that gap and draw air from the outside edge of the lowers and fairing. Still hoping for someone with first hand experience with Baker fitment.

smokey
07-01-2016, 04:50 PM
I have the baker wings on the voyager, no problems with fit, and I also have the forward floorboards set up on the crash bar below them, I have not issues with clearance.

H8BUGZ
07-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Thanks Smokey. Do the Baker's vibrate and shake around or does the mount hold them rigid enough (It's a lot of material a long ways from the mounting point). Can you comment on their ability to relieve rider felt engine heat. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.