PDA

View Full Version : Stage 1 mod results

mcarmack29420
04-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Happy Friday to all!

Just finished the installs on my 2014 Vaquero ABS SE. Installed V&H slip-ons, Chuckster BAK, and Ivan-ized ECU. Thanks to all who talked me out of going EJK, as the end result went far beyond my wildest dreams. It's like I have a totally different bike. The closest thing to any kind of glitch with the project is sometimes starting it up takes an extra couple of seconds, and there is a slight rpm "wave" during warm-up from cold start, rather than a steady rate. Anyone else with the same set-up have this issue?

Snake Ranch
04-22-2016, 01:09 PM
Happy Friday to all!

Just finished the installs on my 2014 Vaquero ABS SE. Installed V&H slip-ons, Chuckster BAK, and Ivan-ized ECU. Thanks to all who talked me out of going EJK, as the end result went far beyond my wildest dreams. It's like I have a totally different bike. The closest thing to any kind of glitch with the project is sometimes starting it up takes an extra couple of seconds, and there is a slight rpm "wave" during warm-up from cold start, rather than a steady rate. Anyone else with the same set-up have this issue?

That seems to be the new normal. Mine does it and so do others.

Read through the Ivan thread. He talks about it. Its towards the latter part.:tup:

JD Hog
04-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Happy Friday to all!

Mine is stock except for Ray's throttle mod and Ivan's ECU flash. I get the slight rpm "wave" that you mention also. Nothing to worry about.

hlknvlcn60
04-22-2016, 11:15 PM
Mine starts pretty immediate with the Ivan tune, BAK and 2-1, but ev'ry bike has it's own individual quirks and personality traits...but a big fat ZERO in the complaint dept. now the EJK sits in the parts bin collecting dust. Now what the hell do I do with it? No one will want it now!

bpd214
05-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Mine starts up pretty much the same 09 Nomad with Ivans tune as before V&H Slip ons, thunder air, but idles kinda up and down until warmed up a little. I removed Rays throttle mod because the throttle was to sensitive for me, but you can take it off without damaging it and put it back on later if you want to go back to it. I did notice one thing the bike I didn't have before on my Nomad. When I turn the key on to start it the speedometer needle goes over to max then falls back to zero. Other than that it gets the WOW factor.

UNCLE WILLIE
05-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Mine starts up pretty much the same 09 Nomad with Ivans tune as before V&H Slip ons, thunder air, but idles kinda up and down until warmed up a little. I removed Rays throttle mod because the throttle was to sensitive for me, but you can take it off without damaging it and put it back on later if you want to go back to it. I did notice one thing the bike I didn't have before on my Nomad. When I turn the key on to start it the speedometer needle goes over to max then falls back to zero. Other than that it gets the WOW factor.

my 010 nomad speedo has always done that and have seen it on other vehicles - normal ----- when I had the dobeck processor the idle when cold would do what u describe mostly when set a little to rich -- with Ivans it is almost steady with the current temps we have now - I suspect in winter there will be more idle search during warm up -- sure is better than old manual chokes or even automatics that always needed adjusting don't u think

rick6375
05-01-2016, 10:09 PM

Maybe it is going past the max because its really showing the top speed possible, now that its running better?

hlknvlcn60
05-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Nope.....it is common on modern bikes to watch the speedo needle and the tach needle soar up to the top and back when you turn the ignition key on and adding more HP and torque or running stock won't change that at all.