PDA

View Full Version : Today's Announcement

tomm
01-18-2015, 12:35 AM
As was announced today, I decided to accept the NE Leader position from Fish, and want to thank him for his work in that position over the last several years. I'm looking forward to taking over from him and working with TC, along with CNC and our good friends to the north.

For those of you who don't know me, my claim to fame around here is being the only person (at least I think I'm the only person) who ever had the timing chain slip while installing cam chain extenders. Some people just have all the luck. Thanks to Mac though, we had the engine pulled on my 2008 Nomad and the timing reset prior to the next riding season.

I've been riding about 40 years with well over 100,000 miles of saddle time, and now that I'm flirting with retirement, I'm looking forward to upping that number significantly, starting off with attending the rally this year down in Eureka Springs. Hoping to meet at least a few of the "legends" from this forum down there, as well as many new folks.

As for the NE region, I've already started thinking about the 2016 rally. But closer in, I have some other ideas. More to come later on that. You see . . . this heat wave we're having tonight (it's a balmy 19F as I type this, up from some ridiculous temperature around 0F this morning) has me really looking forward to the upcoming riding season. I know for some of you, 0F would be balmy.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi, and hope to meet up with as many of you as possible over the next couple of years. We're halfway through meteorological winter and spring will be here before we know it. In the meantime, stay warm and think chrome!

Tom (tomm)

Bud2rat
01-18-2015, 01:42 AM
Thanks Tom for the intro. Good luck with the retirement.

Framer
01-18-2015, 08:19 AM
Congrats and good luck.

cookie
01-18-2015, 08:21 AM
Congratulations on the new post Tom. It was great meeting you and Sue last year at the rally and Julie and I can't wait to hear your ideas for the next one.

Loafer
01-18-2015, 09:37 AM
Congrats to you Tom, we all know you'll be great at this.

cnc
01-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Congrats Tom on the new position and thanks Larry for all hard work you put in as NE regional leader. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Larry (fish) the last several years on joint rallies along with Tim (Top Cat) and have had a chance to work with Tom on the last Rally also so I know the NE region will be in good hands.

sly
01-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Congratulations Tom & Thank you Larry!! I may have changed the bike but wouldn’t want to change this great group of people. I doubt I’ll be able to swing Eureka Springs, so I’ll see you in 2016 (maybe Cape Breton, eh?)

lar
01-19-2015, 01:35 AM
Congratulations Tom I'm sure you will do a great job, and am looking forward to the upcoming riding season.

ringadingh
01-19-2015, 08:15 AM
Congratulations Tom, The NE is in capable hands and always a great place to ride and meet new and old friends.

redjay
01-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Congratulations.

minst7877
01-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Welcome aboard Tom, I remember meeting you and Sue in Wellsboro. Hope to see you in Eureka Springs this year.

DC

Rasta
01-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Congratulations Tom! Looking forward in seeing you guys again ,this time in Arkansas.