PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change

waterman
11-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Well, it seems that I have been the SW Regional Leader for what seems to be an eternity. I have been involved in a rally each of the last 6 years. I have worked on 2 National Rallies, 2 combined rallies and 2 SW rallies. It has been fun setting up the rallies but it is some work to have a good rally. Right now I just don't seem to have the enthusiasm to look forward to planning the next rally. I always said, "When it's no longer fun setting them up it would be time to step down".

It is time for me to just show up at a rally and enjoy it rather than thinking of all of the plans that need to be accomplished. It has been a pleasure to prepare these rallies for the enjoyment of everyone.

Kawhead
11-01-2014, 09:48 PM
It dose Joel, and you do/did a fantastic job and the majority appreciated your efforts. :yep:

Rasta
11-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Thank you for what you have done Joel!!

GIBBY
11-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Joel, it didn't go unappreciated.

cactusjack
11-01-2014, 10:31 PM
You've done a fine job Joel! No need to quit now. :D

blowndodge
11-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Quitter! ! :P

Loafer
11-02-2014, 01:59 AM
I always appreciated the good times that were had because of all the effort
you put into it. I will miss being able to just show up and relax and have fun
knowing you are in charge, and that everything will flow smoothly.
Thanks for everything!

schoeney
11-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Joel....you deserve a break. You and your Broncos have had a tough 12 months.

Enjoy your retirement.

cactusjack
11-02-2014, 01:30 AM
I always appreciated the good times that were had because of all the effort
you put into it. I will miss being able to just show up and relax and have fun
knowing you are in charge, and that everything will flow smoothly.
Thanks for everything!

How many SW region rallies have you been to?

Dave
11-02-2014, 05:17 AM
It dose Joel, and you do/did a fantastic job and the majority appreciated your efforts. :yep:

I don't!

Loafer
11-02-2014, 07:54 AM
How many SW region rallies have you been to?

I've been to all of them, through everyone's photos and stories.
They were a blast, didn't you feel me on your shoulders brother? :cheers:

ponch
11-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Quitter! ! :P

There's an opening just for you!

landman
11-02-2014, 01:59 PM
There's an opening just for you!

and he already has the rally planned. :yep:

ponch
11-02-2014, 02:07 PM
and he already has the rally planned. :yep:

If you haven't noticed, other than Joel, none here that have replied so far ride a Vulcan anymore or are from the SW area. It's kind of funny.

landman
11-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Well, it seems that I have been the SW Regional Leader for what seems to be an eternity. I have been involved in a rally each of the last 6 years. I have worked on 2 National Rallies, 2 combined rallies and 2 SW rallies. It has been fun setting up the rallies but it is some work to have a good rally. Right now I just don't seem to have the enthusiasm to look forward to planning the next rally. I always said, "When it's no longer fun setting them up it would be time to step down".

It is time for me to just show up at a rally and enjoy it rather than thinking of all of the plans that need to be accomplished. It has been a pleasure to prepare these rallies for the enjoyment of everyone.

rumor has it that you are buying a victory,or is it a Goldwing like trip.that seems to be the trend with all the old guard leadership. :D:D .all kidding
aside joel your hard work was much appreciated.

canuckrider
11-02-2014, 02:18 PM
I've been an organizer or co-organizer on a number of rallies (all relatively small ones and I'm sure certainly not to the scale of those that Joel has done) and I can appreciate the amount of work and effort that goes into it. Just want to say I can appreciate your decision to step down and let some one else take over the reins.

ponch
11-02-2014, 02:18 PM
rumor has it that you are buying a victory,or is it a Goldwing like trip.that seems to be the trend with all the old guard leadership. :D:D .all kidding
aside joel your hard work was much appreciated.

I could see Joel on a Victory. :D

landman
11-02-2014, 02:19 PM
If you haven't noticed, other than Joel, none here that have replied so far ride a Vulcan anymore or are from the SW area. It's kind of funny.

I have noticed and I don't think it bodes well for the long term future of the
VBA.at least not as we knew it.most likely will turn into just another online
forum.

ponch
11-02-2014, 02:28 PM
forum.

And the other sad part is that it doesn't look like Kawasaki is going to produce anything that would change that.

Rasta
11-02-2014, 05:37 PM

Since none of the SW area members have not replied it must mean they are happy to see him go since he has done a lousy job as a regional leader.
I guess I replied because I did meet him at a rally he was involved at organizing and I did appreciate what he had done to make it happen.

ponch
11-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Since none of the SW area members have not replied it must mean they are happy to see him go since he has done a lousy job as a regional leader.
I guess I replied because I did meet him at a rally he was involved at organizing and I did appreciate what he had done to make it happen.

I don't understand the hostility. FYI, Scott, Dave, Brad and I are SW members. I've met Joel too. My comments were only an observation of the obvious. Anything more is bias on your part.

Dave
11-02-2014, 07:21 PM
I was joking.

cactusjack
11-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Since many of us old timers here have switched brands, maybe it's time for some of the newer members to step up and take the reins? This is your future, guys.

dshelly
11-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Since many of us old timers here have switched brands, maybe it's time for some of the newer members to step up and take the reins? This is your future, guys.

Maybe if you old timers would ease up on the new guys they would.... :D

After what I witnessed Joel went through at Estes, why would anyone want to organize a rally? Hats off to anyone willing to take charge.

Kawhead
11-02-2014, 08:19 PM
I don't!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/B34DmsMxUlA/hqdefault.jpg

I don't remember asking you a gosh dern thing mutton head!

:D

Silent Sam
11-02-2014, 09:16 PM
...I see the humor.... :D ..and its even funnier when some one dont see it !

blowndodge
11-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Tahoe anyone? :D

Kawhead
11-02-2014, 10:43 PM
...I see the humor.... :D ..and its even funnier when some one dont see it !I found images with 'im using that nasty gd word. I try to avoid using except when I get pissed. I hear it from my wife about 15 times a day followed by idiot or fool and that plenty times.

Tahoe anyone? :D

Me, me, me, ooo me! :wave:

landman
11-02-2014, 10:50 PM

not a bad idea scott,especially since the various baggers association members
are not permitted by rule to hold a leadership position in the VBA.

landman
11-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Maybe if you old timers would ease up on the new guys they would.... :D

After what I witnessed Joel went through at Estes, why would anyone want to organize a rally? Hats off to anyone willing to take charge.

Good thing you added the grin after the first line of your statement dave since you have never been one to bust someones chops a bit :tehe:.as for your next
statement I couldn't agree more.

GIBBY
11-03-2014, 08:02 AM
forum.

It pretty much already has, if attendance at the last National Rally is any indication.

cactusjack
11-03-2014, 10:20 AM
I'll try to put this into words...

I don't see a huge amount of support from a lot of the members here. Up until a few years ago, this was a Nomad-specific forum. 99% of us all owned and rode Nomads, and we were a fairly tight group. Then the forum was opened up to include the Vaquero and Voyager. That's not a bad thing, but in recent years, the typical member seems to be the guy who buys a 10-15 year old Vulcan, comes here to ask a question or two (what kind of oil, tires, etc) and then leaves.

I realize that not everyone who signs up here wants to hang out at a rally, and that's fine. It just seems like there are fewer members that want anything more from their membership than just a source of free information. As many of the "old guard" (myself included and now even the founder of this group) have moved on to other brands, some have stayed and some have not.

Since those who don't ride Vulcans are prohibited from leadership positions here, it has created a void that needs to be filled. Some of the newer members need to step up to the plate and take a more active role in the organization to keep it from just becoming another lifeless question and answer forum.

I have made many friends here since I joined in 2007, and these friendships go beyond brands of bikes. Heck, we'd still get together if there wasn't a VBA. It would be shame to lose that kind of community here.

GIBBY
11-03-2014, 10:52 AM

I don't see a huge amount of support from a lot of the members here. Up until a few years ago, this was a Nomad-specific forum. 99% of us all owned and rode Nomads, and we were a fairly tight group. Then the forum was opened up to include the Vaquero and Voyager. That's not a bad thing, but in recent years, the typical member seems to be the guy who buys a 10-15 year old Vulcan, comes here to ask a question or two (what kind of oil, tires, etc) and then leaves.

I realize that not everyone who signs up here wants to hang out at a rally, and that's fine. It just seems like there are fewer members that want anything more from their membership than just a source of free information. As many of the "old guard" (myself included and now even the founder of this group) have moved on to other brands, some have stayed and some have not.

Since those who don't ride Vulcans are prohibited from leadership positions here, it has created a void that needs to be filled. Some of the newer members need to step up to the plate and take a more active role in the organization to keep it from just becoming another lifeless question and answer forum.

I have made many friends here since I joined in 2007, and these friendships go beyond brands of bikes. Heck, we'd still get together if there wasn't a VBA. It would be shame to lose that kind of community here.

I concur.

ponch
11-03-2014, 11:46 AM

Pretty much.

cliffordgos
11-03-2014, 03:37 PM

I have been to 3 Rallys' and had a great time at each one. All 3 of the Rallys' were ones that you helped plan out.
Thanks Joel!

cliffordgos
11-03-2014, 04:39 PM

Yep!
I joined when it was a nomad group also, just so I could go to a rally to look and see what others had done to their bikes and to learn how to ride in a large group.
I thought it would be a one time event for me but It turned out that it was a great bunch of people to hang out and ride with. Who knew?

dshelly
11-03-2014, 05:31 PM
I realize that planning a rally takes time that most working guys just don't have time to do. If it's just picking a place to go, coming up with a few rides and dinner that's not so bad. Trouble is , you can't please everyone. Seems guys have 1001 excuses on why not to go or if they say yes, then they back out at the last minute. How are you supposed to plan for that ???

I too joined for some bike info, but after some back and forth discussions and a couple rallies I'd like to say I've made a few friends here. Also just made reservations for the third rally next June. :tup:

So my opinion is that if you just joined here for some free info on how to fix your bike,.... and be a cheap ass,..... then buy a manual and piss off.....

BTW, Thanks Joel .... :tup: :cheers:

landman
11-03-2014, 06:24 PM

well said scott and I can't help but wonder where the VBA national leadership
stands on this.even kawi dropped the nomad from their lineup.

Jared
11-03-2014, 08:09 PM
well said scott and I can't help but wonder where the VBA national leadership
stands on this.even kawi dropped the nomad from their lineup.

I've spent probably 5 hours on the phone with Teri and others discussing some VBA future and the Kawasaki's Vulcan line-up. Kawi seems to have forgotten the Vulcan owners these last couple of years. It's really disheartening.

Those of you who are interested in chatting with me about VBA and their thought about it's future, feel free to shoot me an email (jaredmgant@gmail.com).

blowndodge
11-03-2014, 08:24 PM
It all started when I got chased out from moderator. Then Scott. We got together and put a hex on KawaNOW/VBA and slowly stood back and watched the anaconda of justice squeeze the life out of this place.

In all seriousness Kawasaki felt the need to take a step back and rethink it's marketing strategy. So much time and effort to make KawaNOW a well respected Nomad site has been for naught. The name change from KawaNOW to Vulcan Baggers Association was to placate Kawasaki to include more of their lineup and it backfired. Kawasaki left this site behind and didn't support us.

One of the largest target markets for Kawasaki V-Twins and Kawasaki turned a deaf ear to build or consider our suggestions. They got exactly what they deserved. Lots of us are moving to different rides.

ponch
11-03-2014, 09:21 PM
it all started when i got chased out from moderator. Then scott. We got together and put a hex on kawanow/vba and slowly stood back and watched the anaconda of justice squeeze the life out of this place.

In all seriousness kawasaki felt the need to take a step back and rethink it's marketing strategy. So much time and effort to make kawanow a well respected nomad site has been for naught. The name change from kawanow to vulcan baggers association was to placate kawasaki to include more of their lineup and it backfired. Kawasaki left this site behind and didn't support us.

One of the largest target markets for kawasaki v-twins and kawasaki turned a deaf ear to build or consider our suggestions. They got exactly what they deserved. Lots of us are moving to different rides.

+100

ponch
11-03-2014, 09:21 PM
I've spent probably 5 hours on the phone with Teri and others discussing some VBA future and the Kawasaki's Vulcan line-up. Kawi seems to have forgotten the Vulcan owners these last couple of years. It's really disheartening.

Those of you who are interested in chatting with me about VBA and their thought about it's future, feel free to shoot me an email (jaredmgant@gmail.com).

I bet Teri would have some interesting insight into it.

BudMan
11-03-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't think the issues with the VBA come from a lack of people stepping up to take on leadership positions.
As Scott mentioned many newer members don't seem to have much interest beyond the occasional question.
But just as important is that many of the long time members are seldom on the forum.
Some have changed brands, some haven't. But either way their presence or posts on the forum are a rarity.

What you are riding has never been an issue at South Central rallies.
But no doubt, a big part of the fun at the rallies was seeing all the Nomads in one place.
That is gone and it's not going to return.

The forum and the rallies have been, and will be what the members make it.

Cajunrider
11-03-2014, 11:02 PM
I don't think the issues with the VBA come from a lack of people stepping up to take on leadership positions.
As Scott mentioned many newer members don't seem to have much interest beyond the occasional question.
But just as important is that many of the long time members are seldom on the forum.
Some have changed brands, some haven't. But either way their presence or posts on the forum are a rarity.

But no doubt, a big part of the fun at the rallies was seeing all the Nomads in one place.

My first rally was the National in Custer. I had joined KawaNOW the year before when there were just a few over 400 members. If I remember right, there were over 50 Nomads at the Bavarian Inn. Seeing that many Nomads in one place was both a rarity and a treat. Down here, I'd be lucky to see another one besides mine every couple of months. Riding all the way up to Custer and meeting Trip, Larry, Gene, Brad, Scott, Daryl, and so many others on the way up was a privilege and I will always hold those fond memories very close. I don't post very much but I manage to get on here every few days and can't help but notice how much things have changed. So many, including myself, have changed brands and several aren't here anymore. But it's always good to meet up with the old lifelong friends I've made here. We need to continue meeting while we are still able to throw a leg over and ride. :cheers:

Kawhead
11-04-2014, 12:25 AM

The forum and the rallies have been, and will be what the members make it.Exactly right.http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/yes/winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)
Dave knows that to which he speaks! He's steeped in knowledge of what makes a rally of five bikes with four Nomads a fantastic rally. The last SE rally was one of the best I've been to. Sadly, Coach had to sit it out at the last minute, on top of putting all his boys through collage he had another catastrophe piled on him, and in spite of that, a quiet member stepped out of the ranks with a couple suggestions, and WE HAD A FRIGGEN BLAST!:yep: The best times at our rallies is the spontaneous unplanned events happen. The storm in Maggie Valley, Todd cussing out the rock star snot nosed motorcycle stunt kid in Maggie Valley, the cafe in Keystone where Ron, Tammy and I stopped for a cup of soup in a cold rain, seeing about 75 nomads together in Custer. Apple Pie in the parking lot in Estes Park. About 10 of us have pie one evening at a place in Custer. Nightly parking lot pow wows in Antlers.
I LOVE THIS PLACE. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/springsmile.gif
As for the folks that pop in and ask a question or two and disappear, give 'em a break, maybe they're shy or have more going on than we can imagine. :shrug:
Beside that, we're in some challenging economic times. The money and time we have to take off work is a luxury not a lot of people have. I've never summed the cost of a rally, but it ain't a little bit o' cabbage, and the generous vacation package is one of the shackles my beloved slave driving company has on me.

I don't think this place is going to pot. I enjoy it! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/studsmatta.gif

So y'all old goats shush! You bitch likea buncha old women.
Put your big girl panties on.
We need a glass is half empty, bitchin' board on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcgUDoV_M
I'm handing out Whitman's Samplers to the next rally.

redjay
11-04-2014, 11:27 AM
I have been on the forum since 2008. I have never been to a rally nor will I probably ever attend one because I cannot ride long distances for days in a row due to health issues.

I sold my Nomad in 2010 and bought a Voyager and then sold the Voyager this year and bought a FJR. The Voyager was getting too heavy for me and I wanted a bagger so I bought a FJR.

I will continue to visit this forum every day like I have always done to learn, and to help others with my comments if I can.

I expect nothing more than the camaraderie of the people on here and I look forward to interacting with you all for many years to come.

Silent Sam
11-04-2014, 08:17 PM
..Yea folk's..I'v done some bikin..and intended/intend to do a lot more...however it's true that age/health issues keep a lot of guys from..actually arriving !

..I'm now making a "Special Effort" to Arrive at the next confab--Cause I Like Whitmans Samplers ! :D

And Tahoe sounds good ..if I can find a back road around/in !...And May 19th - 24th 2015..is MULE DAYS in Bishop California... !... who the heck needs to try to find Disney Land !

Rasta
11-04-2014, 09:49 PM

Exactly right.http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/yes/winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)
Dave knows that to which he speaks! He's steeped in knowledge of what makes a rally of five bikes with four Nomads a fantastic rally. The last SE rally was one of the best I've been to. Sadly, Coach had to sit it out at the last minute, on top of putting all his boys through collage he had another catastrophe piled on him, and in spite of that, a quiet member stepped out of the ranks with a couple suggestions, and WE HAD A FRIGGEN BLAST!:yep: The best times at our rallies is the spontaneous unplanned events happen. The storm in Maggie Valley, Todd cussing out the rock star snot nosed motorcycle stunt kid in Maggie Valley, the cafe in Keystone where Ron, Tammy and I stopped for a cup of soup in a cold rain, seeing about 75 nomads together in Custer. Apple Pie in the parking lot in Estes Park. About 10 of us have pie one evening at a place in Custer. Nightly parking lot pow wows in Antlers.
I LOVE THIS PLACE. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/springsmile.gif
As for the folks that pop in and ask a question or two and disappear, give 'em a break, maybe they're shy or have more going on than we can imagine. :shrug:
Beside that, we're in some challenging economic times. The money and time we have to take off work is a luxury not a lot of people have. I've never summed the cost of a rally, but it ain't a little bit o' cabbage, and the generous vacation package is one of the shackles my beloved slave driving company has on me.

I don't think this place is going to pot. I enjoy it! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/studsmatta.gif

So y'all old goats shush! You bitch likea buncha old women.
Put your big girl panties on.
We need a glass is half empty, bitchin' board on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcgUDoV_M
I'm handing out Whitman's Samplers to the next rally.

Well said guys! See ya' at the next rally!!!

Rasta
11-04-2014, 09:53 PM
I have been on the forum since 2008. I have never been to a rally nor will I probably ever attend one because I cannot ride long distances for days in a row due to health issues.

I sold my Nomad in 2010 and bought a Voyager and then sold the Voyager this year and bought a FJR. The Voyager was getting too heavy for me and I wanted a bagger so I bought a FJR.

I will continue to visit this forum every day like I have always done to learn, and to help others with my comments if I can.

I expect nothing more than the camaraderie of the people on here and I look forward to interacting with you all for many years to come.

Thank you for all the help and friendship you have given us for these years and continuing to do so :cheers:

Kawhead
11-05-2014, 01:32 PM
A little spot of condensation is found on the deck and damned if the rats ain't headed over the rails!
We need to have a rally at a womens spa where we can get finger nails did

Naw, we ought to have Sandals Resort Rally! "Listen to,"I Had The Time Of My Life". Then post about it on the board. Fun, fun, fun.....:wtf:
Stupid ass place! Big waist o' money! >:(

I'm beaning to worry 'bout riding with this bunch.

What if on a ride we pull over at an observation point with no facilities and I go oft into the bushes and take a dump and a snake jumps up and bite me in the taint?

Ponch calls Jared:

Ponch: Jared, this is Ponch. Kawhead got bit in the taint by a snake!
Jared: AGAIN? Is he still friggin with that snake woman? >:(
Ponch: Naw, he done something he wont tell with that skank he met out by the dumpster last night, now he's got the squirts. :shrug:
Jared: Make an incision, suck the blood out and I'll have an Air Ambulance there in seven minutes.
Ponch consults with the other members. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/mocantina.gif
Ponch: Kawhead, Jared said you gonna DIE! :wtf:

Kawhead
11-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Why Jared Lord? :hmm: Other sites have members made of clay. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfAoRNSoliA

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2gwb921.gif

Silent Sam
11-05-2014, 08:32 PM
My gal and I did the Holliday Inn Montego Bay...the best part was the lady that came down the beach selling mangos the size of cantaloupes every day...yea I'm off topic again !

canuckrider
11-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Sam,
The lady had what that were the size of cantaloupes????? :D :D

Silent Sam
11-06-2014, 01:12 PM
She Hahd dem "JAMAICA MELON'S, Mon" .... :yep: Ahll plump and firm a silouete against the claar Blue Surf... For acouple bucks she would expose one to the light of day...firm, juicy and sweet they were !

waterman
11-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Crap. Didn't realize me stepping down from the Regional Leader position would cause this type of discussion.

Top Cat
11-06-2014, 09:52 PM
You never know whats going to happen to a post around here Joel.
Sometimes these posts take on a life of there own. Sometimes more than one :yep:

Thanks for all the work you have done.
I had a pic of you half asleep in your chair at the Estes Park rally but I can't find it. You looked exhausted :zzz:

blowndodge
11-06-2014, 09:58 PM
He was reading a Dr. Seuss book!

Rasta
11-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Might have been the Apple Pie!!

minst7877
11-06-2014, 10:50 PM
The apple pie will get you every time.

DC

coacha
11-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Joel, I appreciate all that you have done for this forum, at the rallies and as a friend. I hope to see you at a future gathering.

BD was spot on in his eloquent post.

Kawhead hit is out with his SE brief review. It sucked the life out of me not being able to be in Elkins but the members there stepped up and they did a great job.

audiogooroo
11-09-2014, 01:16 AM
My first rally was the National in Custer. I had joined KawaNOW the year before when there were just a few over 400 members. If I remember right, there were over 50 Nomads at the Bavarian Inn. Seeing that many Nomads in one place was both a rarity and a treat. Down here, I'd be lucky to see another one besides mine every couple of months. Riding all the way up to Custer and meeting Trip, Larry, Gene, Brad, Scott, Daryl, and so many others on the way up was a privilege and I will always hold those fond memories very close. I don't post very much but I manage to get on here every few days and can't help but notice how much things have changed. So many, including myself, have changed brands and several aren't here anymore. But it's always good to meet up with the old lifelong friends I've made here. We need to continue meeting while we are still able to throw a leg over and ride. :cheers:
I agree Mitch. I joined when KawaNOW was just a couple of months old and attended rallys in Mesquite '08, Custer '09, and Cortez '10. My career situation changed to where I've had to travel way more than my liking for work, and I have hardly had anytime to ride. Still have he green machine, but it's probably seen less than 1,000 miles in the last three years. Pretty sad.
I do value the friendships I've made here, and while I seldom post, I do lurk and usually check the forum every other day or so.
Those who remember, Scott was the SW regional Leader until he changed brands, and then Trip asked me to serve in his place, and I asked Jared to be assistant regional leader. Then in 2010 when my travel schedule got really crazy, I simply couldn't provide what's required for the role, and Joel stepped up. Great job man, now take a break.
I may not ever make another rally (I might, one never knows what the future holds), but I do hope to stay connected.
Be safe guys, don't sweat the small stuff. Hope to see some of you in person again soon.

Netnorske
11-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Geez, a guy goes fishing for a few weeks and look what happens. Joel....you have done good things my friend. It is a thankless job that few are willing to step up to. Having been involved in planning numerous rallies myself, I know how much time and effort goes into making it all work. Thanks for your tireless efforts.

The VBA can't and never will be what the original KawaNOW was. It will never be as tight as that original Nomad-specific group was with all of its founding members. Rolling into Custer in 2009 to see 50 or more Nomads was a really great experience and was the beginning of many lifelong friendships. Sadly, and for a variety of reasons, this forum has gone from that once tight-knit group to a typical forum where people just want quick information without actually making an effort to form any real bonds. I can gets lots of information on the Victory Forum, but I'll never make a lifelong friend like I have here.

Kawasaki treats their cruiser market as an afterthought, with their sport bike division getting all the attention. They should have listened to the members here and made every effort to give them what they wanted. Instead of simply revamping the original Nomad platform with more power and touring options, they changed the entire thing. They gave us less rider space, ugly saddlebags, and basically everything we told them we didn't want. It's not rocket science to figure out why people have jumped ship, finding their needs better met with other brands. The Nomad was a real flagship bike, and they could have had a real solid and loyal customer base had they just been paying attention.

I don't come here near as often as I used to, checking in only once or twice a week now instead of three times a day as I can keep in touch with my buds via Facebook or text messaging. There is little more here for me now than to add a comment or two to a newbie Nomad owners questions.

Jared has his hands full (and maybe not the time commitment necessary) to turn this thing around. The old guard have to a large degree folded up their flags and few new members are stepping up. I don't blame Joel for taking a step back...and hope that someone else can pick up the ball and run with it. If they can't or won't...it's only a matter of time before things go further south here.

blowndodge
11-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Tahoe anyone? :yep:

rickyboy
11-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Geez, a guy goes fishing for a few weeks and look what happens. Joel....you have done good things my friend. It is a thankless job that few are willing to step up to. Having been involved in planning numerous rallies myself, I know how much time and effort goes into making it all work. Thanks for your tireless efforts.

The VBA can't and never will be what the original KawaNOW was. It will never be as tight as that original Nomad-specific group was with all of its founding members. Rolling into Custer in 2009 to see 50 or more Nomads was a really great experience and was the beginning of many lifelong friendships. Sadly, and for a variety of reasons, this forum has gone from that once tight-knit group to a typical forum where people just want quick information without actually making an effort to form any real bonds. I can gets lots of information on the Victory Forum, but I'll never make a lifelong friend like I have here.

Kawasaki treats their cruiser market as an afterthought, with their sport bike division getting all the attention. They should have listened to the members here and made every effort to give them what they wanted. Instead of simply revamping the original Nomad platform with more power and touring options, they changed the entire thing. They gave us less rider space, ugly saddlebags, and basically everything we told them we didn't want. It's not rocket science to figure out why people have jumped ship, finding their needs better met with other brands. The Nomad was a real flagship bike, and they could have had a real solid and loyal customer base had they just been paying attention.

I don't come here near as often as I used to, checking in only once or twice a week now instead of three times a day as I can keep in touch with my buds via Facebook or text messaging. There is little more here for me now than to add a comment or two to a newbie Nomad owners questions.

Jared has his hands full (and maybe not the time commitment necessary) to turn this thing around. The old guard have to a large degree folded up their flags and few new members are stepping up. I don't blame Joel for taking a step back...and hope that someone else can pick up the ball and run with it. If they can't or won't...it's only a matter of time before things go further south here.

:tup: Right on my friend !!

jestephens
11-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Crap. Didn't realize me stepping down from the Regional Leader position would cause this type of discussion.

No kidding! You have done a great job though, thanks for all the work! Take it easy now ;)
See you in Eureka Springs

landman
11-10-2014, 04:29 PM
:hmm: as for rallies to attend in 2015 for me I have three choices but think I won't make a final decision until after the first of the year.i am signed up for the vba rally in eureka springs
but am having second thoughts because interest seems weak to me.then there is brads
Tahoe rally that has like 3 people confirmed to attend and lastly the concourse owners group national rally in cortez,co. should be well attended and they have 130 rooms blocked out for their event.

BudMan
11-10-2014, 05:13 PM
:hmm: as for rallies to attend in 2015 for me I have three choices but think I won't make a final decision until after the first of the year.i am signed up for the vba rally in eureka springs
but am having second thoughts because interest seems weak to me.then there is brads
Tahoe rally that has like 3 people confirmed to attend and lastly the concourse owners group national rally in cortez,co. should be well attended and they have 130 rooms blocked out for their event.

The motel in Eureka Springs in almost sold out. Mostly VRA members I would think.
Like I said before it's the members that make the forum and rallies what they are.
I hope to see you in Arkansas next June.