PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone alive in this group?

ponch
09-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Just checking. We had some rain today, made for an interesting commute. Riding season is just around the corner too.

redjay
09-09-2014, 03:47 PM
I guess you have to wait until its cooler ?

cactusjack
09-09-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm here. I haven't been able to ride since I returned from Orofino and don't know when I'll be able to ride again. Soon, hopefully.

ponch
09-09-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm here. I haven't been able to ride since I returned from Orofino and don't know when I'll be able to ride again. Soon, hopefully.

With Antlers coming up, I bet you want to. I hope the foot is getting better.

cactusjack
09-09-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm not going to Antlers this year. I was told I would be here for the birth of our granddaughter.

ponch
09-09-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm not going to Antlers this year. I was told I would be here for the birth of our granddaughter.

I didn't know you were expecting. Mazel Tov.

Top Cat
09-09-2014, 07:00 PM

Geezzz, don't let Brad get wind of this, he will say your not a real biker :D
Giving up a rally just to be there for the birth of a granddaughter :ohno:

cactusjack
09-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I've seen lots of people here pass on rallies for lesser reasons.

ponch
09-09-2014, 07:53 PM
I've seen lots of people here pass on rallies for lesser reasons.

You have nothing to answer for. I am sorry I mentioned the rally. I just assumed you were going because you go to that rally.

cactusjack
09-09-2014, 08:57 PM
No need to apologize, I had no plans to go this year. Truth be told, I probably should not have gone to Orofino given my foot condition, but I really wanted to go. I'm paying the price now.

Cajunrider
09-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Get well buddy.

Silent Sam
09-10-2014, 01:11 AM
My friend from Deming New Mexico called me his evening..said he's waiting for a 8 ft tall flash flood to get down there from Silver City... :wtf:

MarkG
09-10-2014, 01:48 AM
Not much of a problem at my house. However, go a half mile in any direction and there were drainage issues and plenty of water. Somewhere between 4" to 5" of rain in this area. The ground was finally spongy enough I could pull the mailbox back to vertical, it has been slowly tilting the last year or so. Never ceases to amaze me the idiots who just have to get out and drive into the water instead of staying home.

Dave
09-10-2014, 02:13 AM
No need to apologize, I had no plans to go this year. Truth be told, I probably should not have gone to Orofino given my foot condition, but I really wanted to go. I'm paying the price now.

I'm glad you did. I was finally able to meet you and others.

ponch
09-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Not much of a problem at my house. However, go a half mile in any direction and there were drainage issues and plenty of water. Somewhere between 4" to 5" of rain in this area. The ground was finally spongy enough I could pull the mailbox back to vertical, it has been slowly tilting the last year or so. Never ceases to amaze me the idiots who just have to get out and drive into the water instead of staying home.

I don't think we got quite that much rain and it's not flat here, so it all drains off. I had no issues riding to work.

cactusjack
09-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Hunt Highway was a real mess yesterday, the south side of the road is reservation land, so it's just dirt. The mud was about 6" deep and covered the entire road for close to half a mile. They had a front end loader scooping the mud up and dumping it back on the rez.

ponch
09-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Hunt Highway was a real mess yesterday, the south side of the road is reservation land, so it's just dirt. The mud was about 6" deep and covered the entire road for close to half a mile. They had a front end loader scooping the mud up and dumping it back on the rez.

There's more symbolism there than you realize.

cactusjack
09-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Yes, I know.