PDA

View Full Version : Did you make it home safely?

Blueraven
08-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Please, all that were at the rally, check in!

sly
08-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Yup, rode in at 4:15 this afternoon, great trip home, great rally, great time!

onesherpa
08-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Mary & I made it home safely. Helmets off to Tom & Sue for a great rally. It was great to see old friends and to make some new ones too.

fish
08-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Make it to Milford pa for the night. I'll check in tomorrow

cnc
08-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Got home safely arriving around 4:00. Had a nice ride home with Sly, Al, Cheryl and Gerry.
Thanks to all who attended, you guys made it a great rally. And again thanks to Tom for organizing the great rides and all those who jumped in to cook and help out at the BBQ.

lar
08-09-2014, 12:43 AM
Arrived home at 3:30 Wednesday afternoon. Had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone.

Top Cat
08-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Spent the night in Killington VT.
Should be home today.

cnc
08-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Should be home today.

Tim we spent the night there on the way down.:tup:

fish
08-09-2014, 11:10 AM
HEY HEY ! we home, I didn't want to ride down the through the Delaware national recreation area last night. To many damn deer so we stayed in Milford total mileage 1449.
First I'm down loading 42 segments of video then a couple of hundred pics.

tomm
08-09-2014, 12:35 PM
After a nice 2-hour ride this morning, Tom and Sue are now home.

I would just like to say that all the planning going into a rally such as the one we just enjoyed really means nothing without the participation of those of you who attended and made it all work in so many ways. To Norm, Larry and Tim, our regional leaders who really make these rallies possible, to Jim, Dave and Mary who helped out with the cooking at the Monday night barbecue, to Dave who helped with reviewing the rides, to Amin who came in all the way from Iowa just to say "Hi," to Larry, Mac and Jim for blocking, to Tim and Cindy for letting us turn their room into a movie theater, to others that helped out in ways to numerous to mention, and to everyone who attended, whether for the week or a day, your participation made all the planning worthwhile.

We thoroughly enjoyed getting together with our old friends and making new ones.

THANK YOU!

I will be working on getting pictures organized over the next day or two and getting them all on Photobucket.

Top Cat
08-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Cindy and I got home around 4 PM.
We stopped in Ticonderoga NY at the Hot Biscuit Diner for their world famous strawberry shortcake :D

Blueraven
08-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Joe and I arrived home today at 3:30pm. Spent the night in Johnstown NY with Chris and Bonnie riding with us. Thanks Tom for a great rally and to all that helped in the organization and execution of it. Joe has never been to a rally before and he thoroughly enjoyed himself. Thanks to Sly for bunking with us. We really enjoyed your humor and company.

sly
08-09-2014, 08:18 PM
:D ...

chspence
08-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Bonnie and I arrived home around 5:00pm after a long days ride across Route 20 from Johnston, New York. We both thoroughly enjoyed the Rally, its location and the accommodations as well as the friends found new and old.Thanks again to all who made it possible.

cnc
08-09-2014, 09:25 PM
After a nice 2-hour ride this morning, Tom and Sue are now home.

I would just like to say that all the planning going into a rally such as the one we just enjoyed really means nothing without the participation of those of you who attended and made it all work in so many ways. To Norm, Larry and Tim, our regional leaders who really make these rallies possible, to Jim, Dave and Mary who helped out with the cooking at the Monday night barbecue, to Dave who helped with reviewing the rides, to Amin who came in all the way from Iowa just to say "Hi," to Larry, Mac and Jim for blocking, to Tim and Cindy for letting us turn their room into a movie theater, to others that helped out in ways to numerous to mention, and to everyone who attended, whether for the week or a day, your participation made all the planning worthwhile.

We thoroughly enjoyed getting together with our old friends and making new ones.

THANK YOU!

I will be working on getting pictures organized over the next day or two and getting them all on Photobucket.

Oops, guess we missed thanking a certain Goldwing rider for transporting all the food and drinks for the BBQ in his trailer. Thanks Al, bet that Bushtec never saw that much weight before!:tup:

fish
08-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Oops, guess we missed thanking a certain Goldwing rider for transporting all the food and drinks for the BBQ in his trailer. Thanks Al, bet that Bushtec never saw that much weight before!:tup:

that trailer served well as a shopping cart:yep:

cnc
08-10-2014, 08:30 AM
that trailer served well as a shopping cart:yep:

Do you think we just could have tied a cart to the back of the Nomad and rode back to the motel?:hmm:

ringadingh
08-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Sounds like it was a great time, good to see everyone making it home safely.

cnc
08-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Sounds like it was a great time, good to see everyone making it home safely.

Steve you missed a great one.:yep:

ponch
08-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Should be home today.

I hope you aren't rushing. :D

cookie
08-13-2014, 11:42 AM
we made it home yesterday afternoon after driving up the coast of Maine.We managed to avoid rain till half an hour from home, then got soaked LoL .Made a stop at Bentleys in Maine, had lots of fun there and great food.

We had a great time at our first rally , and met a great group of people. Thanks to all who organized this rally and looking forward to the next rally to do this again.

sly
08-13-2014, 11:45 AM
See ya soon Kevin, had a blast!

cookie
08-13-2014, 11:47 AM
You bet

cnc
08-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Kevin, it was great to see you again and meet Julie. Good to hear you guys made it home safe. Sounds like you had a nice side trip after the rally.
Hope to see you again soon.

Top Cat
08-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Should be home today.

Cindy and I got home around 4 PM.
We stopped in Ticonderoga NY at the Hot Biscuit Diner for their world famous strawberry shortcake :D

I hope you aren't rushing. :D

I do not get in a hurry when I am on vacation, that is why it is called a vacation.

tomm
08-13-2014, 03:24 PM
I knew I would forget to mention someone, and I suspect that certain Goldwing rider is not the only one. Thanks Al, even though you deprived us of the fun of watching Norm hook that shopping cart up to this Nomad and pulling it back to the motel. On second thought, probably better that way. I wonder if sticking a paper plate to the back would have passed for a registration.

ponch
08-16-2014, 09:31 AM
I do not get in a hurry when I am on vacation, that is why it is called a vacation.

No kidding. The county I live in is about as big as Vermont or New Hampshire. Doesn't take me long to get through it. :yep:

Top Cat
08-16-2014, 12:48 PM
I knew I would forget to mention someone, and I suspect that certain Goldwing rider is not the only one. Thanks Al, even though you deprived us of the fun of watching Norm hook that shopping cart up to this Nomad and pulling it back to the motel. On second thought, probably better that way. I wonder if sticking a paper plate to the back would have passed for a registration.

If you had put a paper plate on it Mac would have drawn a face on it and called it "Wilson" He can't help himself.

Rasta
08-16-2014, 01:39 PM
If you had put a paper plate on it Mac would have drawn a face on it and called it "Wilson" He can't help himself.

Is that who put that paper plate with a face on it on the tree? Was it drawn with ketchup?

cnc
08-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Don't think I would have needed a plate. I would have had Tom follow me with a rope tied from his bike to the back of the cart for aux brakes and limit fish tailing.:yep:

Top Cat
08-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Is that who put that paper plate with a face on it on the tree? Was it drawn with ketchup?

Yes, it all stems back to the rally in Lake George, NY in 2010

Rasta
08-16-2014, 02:02 PM
Oh ok. I saw him or someone else( might have been his wife) put it on the tree and was wondering what that was all about.

Patriot
08-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi all,I arrived home safe yesterday afternoon (Aug 16th). After Three heavy rain storms with T&L going through Maine. Then seeing Dave off on the St.John to Digby ferry,I stayed over in the city with a visit to my cousin. The next day on to Moncton NB for a week with family. Left Moncton at 0730h yesterday for Yarmouth NS (home). Ran into a lite rain,low cloud,fog, going through the Cobequid Pass. I almost stopped to put on "Rain Gear"but didn't. I must have came through at the end of the rain,as the road was very wet. I just kept a distance between the other vehicles. After that it was sun and cloud the rest of the way. Pulled into Yarmouth NS at 1430h. 3070 kilometers (1907 miles). My thanks to all who made this rally possible. Special thanks to every one,you made this rally a high light of my life. You all are truly very special people.

cnc
08-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Glade you got back safe Pete. Sounds like you had an interesting trip back and made the most of it. It was a pleasure to meet you. In 2 years we will be doing it again somewhere.:tup:

Patriot
08-17-2014, 04:47 PM
I hope to be there.

fish
08-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Oh ok. I saw him or someone else( might have been his wife) put it on the tree and was wondering what that was all about.

Wilson started at Lake George rally. If I'm not mistaken Wilson is in front of Mac. I thought I had a pic of Wilson put this the best I have

cnc
08-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Yeah Wilson is bent over choking on a burger in that pic.:D

Rasta
08-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks fellas. TC explained it to me as well what it was all about.

http://www.indyprops.com/pp-wilson.htm