PDA

View Full Version : Great Memories

tomm
08-08-2014, 11:47 AM
The Old Man of the Mountain fell from this lofty perch some years ago now, but clearly he still looks down on and watches out for motorcyclists who come to visit and enjoy his beautiful mountains, rushing rivers and spectacular notches.

And so it was this past week, as the 2014 Northeast US / Eastern Canada Rally unfolded under his watchful eye.

Despite a forecast for rain pretty much all week, we had really great weather for our rides, socializing and day-off activities. From the northern streams feeding the Androscoggin in the north to the southern tip of Lake Winnipesaukee at Alton Bay, from the Connecticut River Valley in the west to the summit of Mt. Washington, from shopping at the Conway outlets to zip-lining down Bretton Woods Ski Area, VBA'ers enjoyed a week of all that New Hampshire has to offer.

Everyone is now on their way home, except for Sue and I who are staying for one more night to have dinner with our son who lives in the area. We will be heading home tomorrow morning.

Have a safe ride home everyone.

Loafer
08-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Glad the weather didn't ruin anyone's spirits.
Great job Tomm!

HwyRider
08-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Is that the rest area at the top of the mountain on Wild Ammonoosuc Rd.?

flavor
08-08-2014, 04:35 PM
No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad the weather didn't ruin anyone's spirits.
Great job Tomm!

Rasta
08-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Glad to see my wife is not the only one that takes pictures of the clouds....maybe it was a boy named Sue :D

Blueraven
08-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Tomm, from both Joe and I (Rhys) we and a fantastic time and half way home. We are in Johnstown for tonight and will arrive at home on Saturday.

sly
08-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Thank you Tom, Sue, Norm, Larry and Tim, great job! Just one thing, too much turkey :ohno: WHAT A GREAT TIME! :yep:

fish
08-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Great memories, hundreds of pics. Someone found a key but not a shirt

cnc
08-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Great memories, hundreds of pics. Someone found a key but not a shirt

Was that a key to the Victory we were supposed to give away but forgot?:lmao:

Loafer
08-09-2014, 07:13 AM
If you had a key to a Victory, I guarantee that it was not Cindy's!
I just wanted to move her bike for her, no way!! :lmao:

fish
08-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Was that a key to the Victory we were supposed to give away but forgot?:lmao:

I'll just keep the key and the bike till the next rally:yep:

tomm
08-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Glad to see my wife is not the only one that takes pictures of the clouds....maybe it was a boy named Sue :D

Not sure if you noticed it, but the cloud formation on the left side of the picture looks very much like the Old Man of the Mountain.

We were on our way home from Rangeley, Maine several years ago, and stopped for a break at the new viewing site for the Old Man of the Mountain memorial. While there, Sue randomly snapped some pictures of the clouds. Later on when we got home and looked at the pictures, we saw that picture and couldn't believe how much it looked like the profile before it fell, and that Sue happened to snap the picture while we were looking up at the cliff where it used to be.

fish
08-09-2014, 03:12 PM

Top Cat
08-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Not sure if you noticed it, but the cloud formation on the left side of the picture looks very much like the Old Man of the Mountain.

I noticed it but thought it was one of Sue's famous Photoshops :shrug:

ringadingh
08-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Great looking pics!:tup:

cookie
08-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Thanks Tom and Sue for great rides and was nice meeting you both.
Kevin and Julie

tomm
08-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Kevin and Julie,
Glad you had a great time.
Was a pleasure meeting both of you and looking forward to the next time.
Tom and Sue

Thanks Tom and Sue for great rides and was nice meeting you both.
Kevin and Julie

Patriot
08-18-2014, 10:21 AM
The Rally was by far more than expected,"GREAT JOB" to all who had a hand in this event. I have arrived home with memories,and frienships to last a life time. If ever in this "neck of the wood's" look me up. It would be great to see you. I hate to wish my life away but I can't wait for the next Rally. Can't wait to see you all once again. Plus make new friends.

The Black Knight
02-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Nice pics! :tup::wave:

blowndodge
02-07-2015, 07:42 PM
r#3urrection #3

Top Cat
02-07-2015, 08:40 PM
r#3urrection #3

Some memories are so good they just keep on giving. :yep: