PDA

View Full Version : What to see on my trip?

rickyboy
05-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone,
I am planning a trip with a friend down the west coast of the US the wk. ending July 5th. We'd be leaving the Mt Baker area in Washington. I was going to do the coast line through Oregon and wanted to get to the Redwoods for sure. I was almost there one yr. in my motor home but ran out of time and had to head home. {Too much time spent in the sand dunes}. I'd also like to get to the Vegas area and do a loop up through Arizona {"route 66"} and the Flagstaff area then through Idaho, and back up to Washington and then home to Langley BC Canada. Any ideas on where to go, what to see, roads to ride, etc.?? I'm open to changes in my route. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

MarkG
05-26-2008, 03:15 PM
The Flagstaff area has some interesting things to do. Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona are just south of it a little bit. The Grand Canyon of course. Arizona snowball has some skyrides during the summer for some scenic views. Lowell Observatory, where they discovered Pluto. Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument.

I found the Moab, Utah area interesting. Arches National Park and the Canyonlands National Park will be of interest. There are a number of things to do in that area.

Depending on how much time is available the southwestern part of Colorado is nice, too. I especially like the Durango, Silverton, Ouray area.

With the low humidity and heat in the Southwest make sure you drink plenty of water. Dehydration sets in awful quick down here in the summer.

cactusjack
05-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Monument Valley, in SE Utah, NE Arizona. The scenic background for lots of motion pictures.

dantama
05-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Here's a taste of riding in Southern Utah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw7mF2HZmvA

Northern Utah is more alpine looking, with great rides too. If you go through Utah, hit me up and I'll give you route suggestions.

Sounds like a great trip.