PDA

View Full Version : "Out there"

usranger74
06-02-2014, 08:17 AM
I have mapped out my 32 day ride as I go to and from the NW/SW Rally in ID.

I will be spending the night at the following. It is about as "out there" as you can get in the lower 48. I bet the night star show willl be outstanding.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fields-station-fields

ctrider
06-02-2014, 08:32 PM
That should be a lot of fund. Ride safe and post some pics. On my bucket list is doing a NE-SE ride along the blue ridge mountain pkw. Virginia to south west North Carolina and then down to deals gap and the tail of the dragon which is 50 miles from the end of the pkw. Figure about 2,000 miles.

usranger74
06-02-2014, 08:35 PM
CT - I have done that several times & would love to do it again!!!

glwilson
06-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Staying out in the open or at a place like provides the added element of adventure to a long motorcycle ride. Wish I could do that someday... but apparently it will be only when the "Mrs." isn't along.:D

Best of luck on your ride, and may it be enjoyable -- as I am sure it will be.:cheers:

PS: loved the comments on the place.

ctrider
06-02-2014, 09:20 PM
That's a hell of a ride from NE. I just got back from visiting my son in NC and drove across the mountains on NC501 on the way back to CT. Just breath taking scenery. First time I saw sloping twisties. I usually check out the dragon on you tube once a year just to keep me salivating. Damn that would be a ride to remember.

I did get riding up Mt. Washington in NH off my list. Thought It was pretty cool 6500ft up the tallest peak in the NE until I talked to a few and the 20,000 ft up in the Rockies.

usranger74
06-02-2014, 10:03 PM
CT- I lived in WV & from TN

ctrider
06-02-2014, 10:38 PM
That's a lot closer

Silent Sam
06-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Yea there's some wide open spaces..and some high roads.. it's addictive !

Big bro and I, camped in an antique air craft hanger..(now a cow-shed)..out about half way between Casper Wyoming and Medicine Bow..the wind blew so hard that nite the steel wall on the west end blew down...thank goodness it missed us in our sleeping bags, and our bikes were parked against the door on the east wall.

Then we topped Berthoud Pass @12,490 ft...