PDA

View Full Version : A Few Things

BudMan
05-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Teri Conrad asked me to link to something she posted on Facebook. Click Here (https://www.facebook.com/groups/VulcanBaggerAssociation)

This post implies that you can grill at the cabins. In fact you cannot.
Due to people catching the decks on fire there are no grills in the park.
Jimmie has agreed to find us a place to cook on Monday afternoon.
Jim "oldbikers" Hardin and Ray plan on having something ready to eat on arrival day.

Alcohol outside of your cabin is also not within the rules.
But they have agreed to cooperate with us when we are visiting in parking lot.
I will bring some canned beer. Please bring a can coozie with you.
If you intend to BYOB and it's in a longneck bottle I ask that you pour it in a glass.
We did not fill all the cabins, so I'm sure there will be other guest there.
Since they're willing to allow us to bend the rules we need to be somewhat discreet.

glwilson
05-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Teri Conrad asked me to link to something she posted on Facebook. Click Here (https://www.facebook.com/groups/VulcanBaggerAssociation)

This post implies that you can grill at the cabins. In fact you cannot.
Due to people catching the decks on fire there are no grills in the park.
Jimmie has agreed to find us a place to cook on Monday afternoon.
Jim "oldbikers" Hardin and Ray plan on having something ready to eat on arrival day.

Alcohol outside of your cabin is also not within the rules.
But they have agreed to cooperate with us when we are visiting in parking lot.
I will bring some canned beer. Please bring a can coozie with you.
If you intend to BYOB and it's in a longneck bottle I ask that you pour it in a glass.
We did not fill all the cabins, so I'm sure there will be other guest there.
Since they're willing to allow us to bend the rules we need to be somewhat discreet.

Understood.

paul
05-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Like the man said, Got It.

But I can't help thinking about that buissiness of lighting the deck on fire while cooking. Man, you gotta be one rookie cook or have one SERIOUS drinking problem. May Smokey the Bear smite you in the face with a shovel if you set the porch on fire.

cactusjack
05-29-2014, 10:22 PM
I didn't know the rally was going to be in Utah????

Silent Sam
05-30-2014, 12:00 AM
....Haw haw ..UTAH ... hee he ha haw...chuckle chuckle

Kawhead
06-05-2014, 02:40 AM
I didn't know the rally was going to be in Utah????Yeah, I know.:hmm:
When I found out it wouldn't a North Carolina/South Carolina Rally I had to back out.:shrug:

GIBBY
06-05-2014, 07:31 AM
I will be very discreet with my bottled water :D

blowndodge
06-05-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm not going now!!! >::ohno:

Framer
06-05-2014, 09:41 AM

Well that's a relief

Silent Sam
06-05-2014, 04:16 PM
..Is it actually in UTAH ? ...I cant find location info... maybe i'm confused (as usual)..

I dont "do" face book anymore..so couldnt get in for that link !

BudMan
06-05-2014, 05:56 PM
..Is it actually in UTAH ? ...I cant find location info... maybe i'm confused (as usual)..

I dont "do" face book anymore..so couldnt get in for that link !

No, it's in Mountain View, Arkansas. The rally info is located in the NorthCentral/SouthCentral Rally in the Ozarks forum.
The same forum this thread is in.

glwilson
06-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Bud...

For those who will not have any room left to bring-in beer... where is the nearest liquor/beer store located.

Some might want to go there after they check-in to the motel and unpack to have room to carry...:???:

I assume the closest is 20 to 35 miles away; but not sure.:hmm:

BudMan
06-05-2014, 07:23 PM
I will bring several cases of beer. Not saying that will be enough to last the entire rally.
To answer your question, to get to the nearest liquor store, from the cabins ride west on AR 14.
There is a store on the Baxter county line. It's about one mile east of the AR 14 & AR 341 junction.
20 miles from the park.

glwilson
06-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I will bring several cases of beer. Not saying that will be enough to last the entire rally.
To answer your question, to get to the nearest liquor store, from the cabins ride west on AR 14.
There is a store on the Baxter county line. It's about one mile east of the AR 14 & AR 341 junction.
20 miles from the park.

Being a Budman, I certainly wouldn't think that you would think a couple cases would last. That would not be good for the revenue of the of the beer-man... now would it? :D

Thanks for the directions. That is the spot I googled; but wasn't sure if it was correct or not.

Thanks for the info. I am fairly sure some of the group will appreciate it! :cheers:

Kawhead
06-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Being a Budman, I certainly wouldn't think that you would think a couple cases would last. That would not be good for the revenue of the of the beer-man... now would it? :D

Thanks for the directions. That is the spot I googled; but wasn't sure if it was correct or not.

Thanks for the info. I am fairly sure some of the group will appreciate it! :cheers:We need to recruit a JackDanielsman or CrownRoyalman.:yep:

Oh yeah, and a Tequilaman too. :yep:

GIBBY
06-06-2014, 07:31 AM
And an Aquafinaman :lmao:

BudMan
06-06-2014, 04:28 PM
We need to recruit a JackDanielsman or CrownRoyalman.:yep:

Oh yeah, and a Tequilaman too. :yep:

You met all three of them one evening in Antlers.
The next day it appeared to me they treated you a bit rough. :D

BudMan
06-06-2014, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the info. I am fairly sure some of the group will appreciate it! :cheers:

My several means more than a couple. I didn't figure I'd be the only one drinking. :D

glwilson
06-07-2014, 02:10 PM
My several means more than a couple. I didn't figure I'd be the only one drinking. :D

I've known several beer-salesmen in my day. Because of that I have always been cautious when they would say "Let's just have a couple Greg."

Somehow their "couple" was different than mine; however I didn't complain. :lmao::D:cheers:

Silent Sam
06-07-2014, 08:02 PM
I knew an old cowboy...who shall remain un-named...that was building pasture barb-wire fence along west nebraska hiway #2..somewhere west of Hyannis...

It was hot..he was thristy and tired...and squinting into the afternoon sun, he see's a Bud Truck, tooling along..on a supply run to all the little tavens in the wide-spot towns along the hiway...

Eye witness accounts say he dropped his fencing pliers and his wire stretcher.jumped in his old Ford Pickup and drove wildly across the prairie where his truck leaped upon the paved road..and he pulled up beside the Bud Man and tried to wave him over...
The Bud Trucker refused..where upon our wild thirst crazed cowboy pulled his Colt SA 45 and with a look in his eye that got the attention of that truck driver...he was able to bring the truck to a stop....way out there..some where..in the shimmering heat...
He then loaded 4 cases of Bud in the pickup..and handed the driver 2, $100 bills, and drove out of sight, back into the sand hills....
The word got around the local area...and of course the story got considerable "enhancement" with each re-telling...
Recently, that old cowboy passed away..and the family decided to auction off most of his belonging's...needless to say that Colt SA 45 brought a big crowd and the best price of anything he had !
...Moral of the story is... sometimes a guy just has to have a cold beer !

Dave
06-08-2014, 07:16 AM

Party's on!!!

oldbikers
06-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Here are a few pictures from the rally, I had to add the one of the good looking man in the fat boy shirt. :D

Kawhead
06-30-2014, 11:10 AM
You met all three of them one evening in Antlers.
The next day it appeared to me they treated you a bit rough. :DOh yeah........that. .:ohno:

They let me know how old I am, and how long I have to live, and for a few minutes there, it looked like the next day.

For the next few days I felt like I drank tea, somebody made from boiled toe nail clippings from the nursing home.

Kawhead
06-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Party's on!!!How ingenious!
So cruel, yet hilarious at the same time.:lmao:

Silent Sam
06-30-2014, 02:12 PM
..Huh ????? :ohno:...