PDA

View Full Version : Air Horns

waynem
07-04-2007, 10:07 AM
All,
I had a set of air horns on my 2004, but when I totaled it, I did not have time to pull them off. Not a bad thing as they were aluminum and I'd much rather have chrome.

I'm looking for a set of loud air horns for the 2007 Nomad and welcome any suggestions. ALSO, where to mount them.

On the 2004, my dealer made a bracket that extended out from the idle adjust and the two horns faced down towards the left foot. Worked great and was out of the way. They saved me a couple times when on the interstate and non-watcher started to slide into my lane. For the button, I bought a right-angle momentarily closed miniature button and the dealer placed it where I asked. Inside the left horn/turnsignal housing on the top. All I had to do was roll my index finger up and it was right there.

Anyone have any ideas as to type of horn and where to install on the 2007?

Thanks.

Semper Fi!

trip
07-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Waynem,
Take a look at the kawanow links page for the airhorn by Monkerz. It might give you some ideas.

Trip

waynem
07-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks! I missed it first time around. I"ll look again.

Semper Fi!

dogdoc
08-05-2007, 03:57 PM
has anybody had any experience with the JP Cycle air horn brand Bad Boys about $60? it bolts right on with 1 bolt and is all chrome and has the compressor, horn, etc all in ONE small unit. Bolts right where your old horn is and hooks up with the same wires. Any feedback plz??? Thanks

Doc

08-05-2007, 07:06 PM
No, but sounds nice.... I'd like to hear about it!

Nico

ponch
08-05-2007, 07:50 PM
The Stebel Nautilus is the way to go.

its4dale
08-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Ponch is correct, the Stebel Nautilus is 139 db of screaming power. It is guaranteed to put little old ladies in mini vans on the curb. Do not try it out in your garage or even under a carport, it will hurt you. After getting rid of Kawasaki's restrictive intake and the left side filter I used the bolt holes to mount a bar and mounted the horn between them. Mine looks OK but they now make a chrome horn that would have been better.

socwkbiker
08-07-2007, 09:20 AM
You almost made coffee come out of my nose with that comment. I can just imagine some little old lady ending up on the sidewalk looking at you with the crazy eye!

Ponch is correct, the Stebel Nautilus is 139 db of screaming power. It is guaranteed to put little old ladies in mini vans on the curb. Do not try it out in your garage or even under a carport, it will hurt you. After getting rid of Kawasaki's restrictive intake and the left side filter I used the bolt holes to mount a bar and mounted the horn between them. Mine looks OK but they now make a chrome horn that would have been better.

08-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I think my bicycle clown horn rocks! My 4 yr old waits to here it every night when I get home.... and he gets to beep it! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

08-10-2007, 12:20 AM
http://web.ivenue.com/bikersoutfitter/item405207.ctlg

They will be mine!