PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Performance Exhaust Installed

Mav1
04-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Well, yesterday I finally got the FP True Duals installed. The Cobra Power Pro went on last weekend. Man, maybe it was just me, or there is something I'm missing, but installing the Heat Shields was a total PITA! Talk about fussy and time consuming! All worth it now though. Due to the continuing crappy weather, I fired it up in the garage. It was like thunder in that enclosed space. Went In the house after and couldn't find the cats for an hour, lol.
The Corbin seat shipped yesterday. When it arrives in Niagara Falls I'll be on my way to pick it up along with the Avon grips (Ray's throttle mod) and the Clearivew shield. By the time I get those installed, surely we will have some riding weather here! Lots of rain today to wash away salt and grunge.

Silent Sam
04-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Gonna Be Damn Nice... Have a wonderful Summer

Vaqman
04-04-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm really interested in where your got your FP true duals? I've been trying to purchase them but they are backordered everywhere I look.

Mav1
04-05-2014, 08:58 AM
I'm really interested in where your got your FP true duals? I've been trying to purchase them but they are backordered everywhere I look.

I got them at Indy Superbikes.
www.indysuperbikes.com
However, I ordered them back in December, so not sure what the availability is now. At that time I paid $799 for them.
I'm not suggesting to buy direct from Freedom Performance as they are much more costly there, but have you tried calling them to ask about availability?
Just a thought.
The last time I looked on the FP website it looked like they had jumped their price about $60 on the black True Duals.

AZ Voyager
04-05-2014, 02:29 PM
I talked to the guys from Freedom Performance last night at Arizona Bike Week and they told me that the price has gone up again, Now it is $950 from them, $850 show special. I found them for $799 and they would not match the price so I pull the trigger last night for $799 and cant wait, about 5 days for shipping, gonna be a long 5 days.

AZ Voyager
04-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Oh ya will have Cobra Tri Ovals for sale soon.....

Mav1
04-05-2014, 03:35 PM
I talked to the guys from Freedom Performance last night at Arizona Bike Week and they told me that the price has gone up again, Now it is $950 from them, $850 show special. I found them for $799 and they would not match the price so I pull the trigger last night for $799 and cant wait, about 5 days for shipping, gonna be a long 5 days.

I think the word is out on these pipes and their incredible sound. FP realizes this and are increasing the price with demand. I'm glad I purchase when I did, but $799 is still a good price for the black pipes as they charge more for those than the chrome.

Peg
04-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Oh ya will have Cobra Tri Ovals for sale soon.....

I could be interested in your Tri Ovals Kev... Let us know in the classified's if & when you let them go.

Silent Sam
04-06-2014, 02:35 AM
Anyone have any experience with the Road House Dual's, for the Nomad ? (the one's with the "Serrated Heat Shields")

I like the look..Road House is bankrupt, but I'm considering trying to get a used set.
But I would like some info from someone that has experience using them !

koga
04-06-2014, 09:59 AM
The road house exhaust were the best sounding back in 07 when I bought my nomie but the fit and finish wasn't that great.

Silent Sam
04-07-2014, 02:02 AM
There is a few youtube video's that I'v looked at that demo the road house exhausts, but I havent been able to get a good audio of a Nomad going thru the gears with the road House pipes.

yoda
04-07-2014, 08:54 PM
I had Roadhouse with serrated shields on my Volusia and they were the best sounding in my opinion. I have heard the Dooleys on several Nomads and agree they are probably what I wish my bike sounded like. But the quality wasn't that great, the pipe simply rotted away on the front jug, and the fit was a bear to get right. When they were still in business they took care of me on the warranty issue, but if you found a set of used ones all I would say is good luck. Once it is yours it is yours, good or bad. No support and they will be used pipes...

Tynker
04-07-2014, 08:59 PM
I had Roadhouse on my 1600 Nomad and my V2K. They had the best sound on both of those bikes. Before, I had Cobra, and V&H pipes on both bikes, and RH beat them both. I cant understand why they went belly up>

Tynker
04-07-2014, 09:03 PM
You might save your money, and buy a new set of Cobra Scallop tips for your bike. I just installed a set on my Nomad,and they sound nice and low, but bark when you gas it. I got them for $374.00 on ebay from a dealer near Dallas, Texas. Free shipping ,and got them in 2 days. Great service, and pipes have lifetime warranty.

Silent Sam
04-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Well I guess the quality issues were what ended Road House...thanks for the input to my question....maybe I could "adapt" a used set of the Road House serrated heat shields..to fit my Cobra's....

May1, ...Sorry to have hyjacked your thread

Mav1
04-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Well I guess the quality issues were what ended Road House...thanks for the input to my question....maybe I could "adapt" a used set of the Road House serrated heat shields..to fit my Cobra's....

May1, ...Sorry to have hyjacked your thread

No worries, lol!
Great discussions have to start someplace. I always enjoy seeing where things go......

13_Voyger
04-19-2014, 10:55 PM
the chrome ones are 950 ?

Is there any other manufacture for a full exhaust ?

Is there an option for just new head pipes ?

Mav1
04-20-2014, 09:22 AM
the chrome ones are 950 ?

Is there any other manufacture for a full exhaust ?

Is there an option for just new head pipes ?

On FP website, chrome set now listed at $950 and black at $1,050. Prices have increased. I purchased mine in December for $799 from Indy Superbikes. They were even less at Amazon, but were out of stock then.
Not sure about your other questions.
Will say though, that the FP sounds awesome, if you can get a set. Seems there are supply problems currently.

Mav1
04-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Here is a photo of the new Freedom Performance True Duals installed.

AZ Voyager
04-29-2014, 12:42 PM
You are correct on the supply problems, talked to them over the weekend in Laughlin and they said that some have shipped out to suppliers but only a limited number, they have 100 sets in production but only 20 shipped out due to manfacturing issues, when I called them directly last week I was told 6 to 8 weeks for availability. and the price increase came around the 1st of April.
As far as another manfacturer, Freedom is the only ones making the TRUE DUALS, others are only doing the slip ons. unless you can find a custom shop to do the head pipes, FP is your only option.
Still waiting for mine and hoping I get 1 of the 20. I did not buy direct from them.