PDA

View Full Version : Rally Attendance

coacha
03-04-2014, 10:03 PM
If you are going to attend the Elkins, WV rally, please post in this thread. Want to get an idea of what we have to plan for. Thanks.

Coach and Tammy
Tom and Connie
Manny and one Mini Manny
Tim and Cindy Conley
Robert and buddy (camping)
Cliff and Diana
Dick and Marge
Mike and Sheila
Ross and mystery guest ;)
Doug and Arlene
Don and Bud

nomadtom69
03-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Got room booked Connie will be there also

Silent Sam
03-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Wish I Could...wanna do the "tail of the dragon" if I ever get in the area...

manban9888
03-05-2014, 02:31 AM
I'll be there w one of my sons

Top Cat
03-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Tim and Cindy Conley

Bud2rat
03-05-2014, 01:22 PM
I'll be there with my riding buddy. We'll be camping just outside of Elkins. He'll be riding a Goldwing, so go easy on him.

davidhollinger
03-05-2014, 03:32 PM
I am so jealous.... I am sure you will, but I hope everyone has a blast. Take lots of pics!

VulcanE
03-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Cliff & Diana will be there. Dick & Marge also have reserved a room.

coacha
03-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Updated

classic1
03-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Mike and Sheila will be there.

Bud2rat
03-13-2014, 08:26 PM
I can't wait. This will be my first rally. Looking forward to meeting you guys and gals.

trosco
03-20-2014, 08:32 PM
OK, I have a room reserved and It will be me +1

reaper
03-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Thought I posted.
Doug (reaper) and Arlene
Room has been reserved

coacha
03-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Updated

minst7877
04-08-2014, 03:31 PM
I am booked at the motel along with a friend.
Don & Bud

DC

bigdave
04-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately I won't know until later next month, Where i work doesn't schedule vacations until the month before

Top Cat
04-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately I won't know until later next month, Where i work doesn't schedule vacations until the month before

A new bike and not being able to make the rally would be disappointing to say the least.:shrug:

coacha
04-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Ok, just wanted to let everyone in on the possibility that we will not be attending. There have been some recent developments on the home front (major repair of vehicle, son #2 losing his job, and a few other $$ eaters) and we might have to pull out. I won't know until the smoke clears.

Tom is getting the shirts finalized, Robert has been working on some routes for us to use, and I have been checking on the Cass Railroad side trip. We'll get everything all lined up and see what happens as we move forward.

Kawhead
04-18-2014, 01:47 AM
Unfortunately I won't know until later next month, Where i work doesn't schedule vacations until the month beforeI hope you can make it Dave. Ain't seen you in forever! We both work 24/7 and our boss and most of the people we work with are jackasses, yet still we stay.:wtf:
I'm scared history will again repeat itself and the next place will have even worse jackasses. :D

Kawhead
04-18-2014, 02:54 AM
Ok, just wanted to let everyone in on the possibility that we will not be attending. There have been some recent developments on the home front (major repair of vehicle, son #2 losing his job, and a few other $$ eaters) and we might have to pull out. I won't know until the smoke clears.

Tom is getting the shirts finalized, Robert has been working on some routes for us to use, and I have been checking on the Cass Railroad side trip. We'll get everything all lined up and see what happens as we move forward.As much as I'd (and everybody) would like to see y'all again you surely have my heartfelt permission to take a breather on this one. :yep:

Geeezzzz. I got hit with everything in Jan. and Feb! Wife's car had rusted pin holes in the brake lines. The bleeder valves were ceased in the brake cylinders, so I had to replace them. My son's car broke a fan belt and he drove it my guess is until the damn thing quit and I hope all he done was blew a head gasket. :wtf: My faithful and trusted truck who never lets me down spun a main bearing at 230,000 miles. I put a new motor in it. It snowed, sleeted and iced about eight inches that day and I nearly couldn't get it to the garage. My other always faithful trusty tractor wouldn't crank, so we had to shovel all that mess in the snow, sleet and ice storm. I had to take a week to rest/work to put the motor in the truck. The temps never got above the upper 20's that week and snowed another 8 or 10 inches so I had a hell of a time getting her out of the garage. Propane is about $4.00 a pound now and I spent $1,600.00 on that this year. My patronizing bonus and smidgen income tax check were spent weeks before I got 'em. :ohno:

I"M GOING TO THE FUNKIN' RALLY! If for nothing else to escape the damn insanity!
I almost didn't make it because when we rescheduled the rally,,, that week was booked! Last night (Thursday) somebody opened that week up, so I got it. Making reservations tomorrow. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Banane21.gif

Just wondering :hmm:,,,,,,,,,,,,,can Tammy still go if you don't? She was always the fun one of the half. :D

dkdixie
04-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Ron, not good news. Hope it works out. Give me a call when you get time

Mike, Good news....assuming you behave. :cheers: :yep:

coacha
04-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Mike, I will fly her in so she can go...smart ass.

Kawhead
04-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Mike, I will fly her in so she can go...smart ass.http://www.pic4ever.com/images/245.gif

The poor girl prolly needs a break from you too. :D

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/evil-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Bud2rat
04-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Ron, sorry to hear that you might not make it. I can relate to the unforseen circumstances that rears it's ugly head. I,too have been rearranging finances due to 1) loss of income - wife lost her job. 2) son graduating college and moving back home - hopefully temporary. 3) purchased new car right before wife lost job - bummer. So I did manage to set aside enough money to be able to make the trip. I'm looking forward to this trip for some relaxation and stress relief.
On another note, as Ron stated, I have been putting together some possible routes to ride if anyone is interested. So far I have 6 routes planned. They range from 130 miles to 300 miles. So let me know what everyone might be interested in. Since I'll be camping outside of Elkins (6 miles out) How and when would everyone want to meet up for possible discussions.

Kawhead
04-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Mike, I will fly her in so she can go...smart ass.How nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,first a stab to the heart, then a violent too and fro TWIST! :cry:

:lmao:

kawgirl
04-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Ron, sorry to hear that you might not make it. I can relate to the unforseen circumstances that rears it's ugly head. I,too have been rearranging finances due to 1) loss of income - wife lost her job. 2) son graduating college and moving back home - hopefully temporary. 3) purchased new car right before wife lost job - bummer. So I did manage to set aside enough money to be able to make the trip. I'm looking forward to this trip for some relaxation and stress relief.
On another note, as Ron stated, I have been putting together some possible routes to ride if anyone is interested. So far I have 6 routes planned. They range from 130 miles to 300 miles. So let me know what everyone might be interested in. Since I'll be camping outside of Elkins (6 miles out) How and when would everyone want to meet up for possible discussions.

The Super 8 has a great parking lot to line up in for the rides. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking or not. Any routes you choose will not be a bad one. The roads are great to ride around there. I'm hoping I can figure something out.

ringadingh
04-23-2014, 09:45 PM
That Super 8 was a great location, lots of great roads there, I wish I'd be able to make it out to join you all, but I can't make it through the week.

Bud2rat
04-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Yes madam, I kinda figured the meeting point would be at or near the motel. I was trying to assist in making available some routes if the attendees were interested in riding. I have been in the area a few times. As this being my first rally, just lending a hand. I hope that you will be able to attend. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kawhead
05-03-2014, 04:45 PM
The Super 8 has a great parking lot to line up in for the rides. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking or not. Any routes you choose will not be a bad one. The roads are great to ride around there. I'm hoping I can figure something out.
That was the news I was waiting to hear!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/studsmatta.gif
Me and Sue's coming!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Vishenka_04.gif
Reservations finally made!

nomadtom69
05-10-2014, 11:32 PM
SE Rally is less than a month away the SE Region has close to the most of all regions in members need some more to show up fun for all and meet some great people sign up and cone to WV

reaper
05-11-2014, 09:37 PM
We changed hotels. We'll be staying at the Hampton Inn. It seems we had enough points to cover the cost of the room. (Sweeeeeett) We should arrive Monday.

Kawhead
05-18-2014, 10:26 PM
We changed hotels. We'll be staying at the Hampton Inn. It seems we had enough points to cover the cost of the room. (Sweeeeeett) We should arrive Monday.Whasumaddah, cain't stand a few cock roaches, pan handlers, and street urchins making cat calls at your wife or something? :wtf:

:D

reaper
05-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Whasumaddah, cain't stand a few cock roaches, pan handlers, and street urchins making cat calls at your wife or something? :wtf:

:D
Naw, I'm a cheap a$$. :crazy: Couldn't pass up a freebie :D

coacha
05-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Well, I am 99.9% sure we are out for the rally. Got a call from my son in Wichita that the university has reduced all scholarships for next year. So now bank of dad has to find a nice size chunk o' money to pay for his last semester. First cut is always the deepest, according to the old song...which means no trips this summer.

I hope you all have a great time and enjoy a safe ride to/from/and at the rally. I'll be pouting around the house during that time.

reaper
05-28-2014, 07:45 PM
Well, I am 99.9% sure we are out for the rally. Got a call from my son in Wichita that the university has reduced all scholarships for next year. So now bank of dad has to find a nice size chunk o' money to pay for his last semester. First cut is always the deepest, according to the old song...which means no trips this summer.

I hope you all have a great time and enjoy a safe ride to/from/and at the rally. I'll be pouting around the house during that time.

WELL, that sucks and blows. >:
We'll miss you. I'll try to think about you and the Taminator while we're riding :yep:

Kawhead
05-29-2014, 12:18 PM

I hope you all have a great time and enjoy a safe ride to/from/and at the rally. I'll be pouting around the house during that time.I guess this means a 98.3% chance Tammy ain't gonna make it either.:shrug:

My heart's with you Coach. All of my cars have 230,000++++ on them and last winter they reared their funkin' ugly heads on me, not including the outrageous propane price. One more, even mild catastrophic monetary event, and we couldn't make it. Hanging on by an unraveling thread here.

Maybe y'all can make Antler's later in the year. We can split the room and eat crackers and cheese. Cheese every other night once a day. Water and ice come with the room so there's a bright side. That'll be about the time I send the boy to school.

My Dad's idea was better. Like after graduation he told me about the trailer park with nice trailers that cost money to live in. He gave me some advise too. "Don't wear that stupid ass "ACDC" t-shirt and ripped jeans to your IMB job interview. It tarnishes the significance of that sterling all D's report card that you studied so hard for." http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/evil-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

coacha
05-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Miss Tammy even rearranged her schedule to free up the week. She had some sewing competition somewhere that she was going to do but cancelled it just for the rally.

Jake had a good paying job up until day 89 of his 90 day probationary period then got layed off >:(:cry:...along with 5 other probationary people. I told him he was just a hired gun until they had to start paying benefits. He learned a valuable lesson but unfortunately for me, I'm the one that has to pay now:cry::cry:.

Oh well...at least the Jake Tax ends, for the most part, after he gets married next summer. :yep:

Top Cat
05-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Oh well...at least the Jake Tax ends, for the most part, after he gets married next summer. :yep:

Maybe you should try talking Jake into eloping NOW :yep:

coacha
05-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Maybe you should try talking Jake into eloping NOW :yep:

That is what Tammy said.

Top Cat
05-29-2014, 06:15 PM
That is what Tammy said.

Smart woman you have there Ron, you should listen to her :yep:

Bud2rat
05-30-2014, 07:37 AM
Sorry to hear that Ron. I know how you feel. My youngest son graduates college on June 19th and he stated that he was moving back into the home afterwards. I just got his car out of the garage for repairs $850. Now my bike is in the shop, won't start. It's been in the shop for the last 2 weeks and no word yet. It's starting to look slim for me to make the trip. Still got my fingers crossed. I've been looking forward to this trip for the last several months. Money's getting tighter since wife was layed-off from work 4 months ago. Oh well, ain't life grand.

coacha
05-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Sorry to hear that Ron. I know how you feel. My youngest son graduates college on June 19th and he stated that he was moving back into the home afterwards. I just got his car out of the garage for repairs $850. Now my bike is in the shop, won't start. It's been in the shop for the last 2 weeks and no word yet. It's starting to look slim for me to make the trip. Still got my fingers crossed. I've been looking forward to this trip for the last several months. Money's getting tighter since wife was layed-off from work 4 months ago. Oh well, ain't life grand.

I hear you on that. Just dropped $2400 on new clutch and some other items for the BMW. KawaTanker is down now with some issues that I am trying to get figured out.

nomadtom69
06-01-2014, 12:06 PM
South East Rallly only 8 more days until we meet in Elkins WV anyone is welcome to come and join us. Base motel Will be at Super 8 in Elkins WV June 9th until June 13th

goose
06-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Hope y'all have a GREAT time and think about the Goose having to work..

I'll sure miss getting to see y'all

oh, and everyone "Be Safe"

VulcanE
06-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Daren, we'll try to think about you from time to time............ Wish Y'all could make it though.
I'm really, really ready for this.

Ron, you and Tammy will be missed too!!!!!!

Bud2rat
06-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Update on my bike. The CDI box crapped out and I'm waiting on a new one. The vendor said the part was shipped today and that I should receive it by the end of the week. So, fingers crossed that I'll be able to make the rally. I maybe a day late getting there. We'll see.

coacha
06-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Hope you get it in time and can make the rally.

Got a phone call from my oldest son this morning. The restaurant he works at burned to the ground last night...and the hits just keep on coming.

Bud2rat
06-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks Ron. Sorry to hear about the son. It seems that WE can't catch a break....LOL. The good news is that I'm putting the bike back together today. I just finished cleaning up some loose wiring as well as putting the spot lights on a separate circuit. Fingers crossed that she fires up.

classic1
06-04-2014, 12:52 PM
I know that Bud2rat said that he had worked on some ride routes for the rally. I also have some too just in case.

coacha
06-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks Ron. Sorry to hear about the son. It seems that WE can't catch a break....LOL. The good news is that I'm putting the bike back together today. I just finished cleaning up some loose wiring as well as putting the spot lights on a separate circuit. Fingers crossed that she fires up.

Excellent news. Hope it all goes well and you are on the road toward Elkins.

coacha
06-04-2014, 04:03 PM
I know that Bud2rat said that he had worked on some ride routes for the rally. I also have some too just in case.

Thanks Mike. We really wish were coming. Tammy didn't get to go to the national last year. We were both looking forward to this year's rally.

Bud2rat
06-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Great news, bike is running. looks like I'll be on the road Monday morning. I've got some things to finish around the house and at my parents place before I leave. I was hoping to leave out Saturday, but my dad needs some assistance this weekend. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Ride Safe all.

coacha
06-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Good deal Robert. Have a blast.

minst7877
06-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Heading out on Sunday. See you all soon.

DC

bigdave
06-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Wish i could join the rally. Hope everything goes very well

reaper
06-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Ar and I will be leaving Monday morning, hopefully there early evening. See y'all there. Cell #904 669 5111. Text or call. We'll be down the road at the Hampton Inn

coacha
06-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Dang Doug, you are doing a nice long ride.

Bud2rat
06-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Hey fellas, need some info about the meet and greet times. Where's everybody meeting daily and at what times. I should arrive late Monday afternoon, probably around 6 pm.

nomadtom69
06-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Super 8 will be the meeting place do not know what time I will get there leaving Knoxville area about 6 am hope to be there by 3-4pm will pm you my phone # sorry not very organized

minst7877
06-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Looks like Sun is going to be a wash out 80% chance of thunder storms. Anyone from around Elkins who knows what the weather is supposed to be next week. Sure don't like the look of how this is starting off from here.

DC

Top Cat
06-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Looks like Sun is going to be a wash out 80% chance of thunder storms. Anyone from around Elkins who knows what the weather is supposed to be next week. Sure don't like the look of how this is starting off from here.

DC

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Elkins+WV+26241

You have to look at the bright side, if there is a 30% chance of rain that means there is a 70% chance it won't :D

minst7877
06-06-2014, 10:11 PM
I am looking at the bright side. I hate riding in rain. And the fellow that was coming with me is in his mid seventies in age and I would not put him thru that.

DC

Bud2rat
06-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Thunderstorms are common daily this time of the year. Sometimes they come in and sometimes they don't. They may be in the area, but in the mountains they can be on either side. It's a crap shoot. Usually the storms are related to the humidity in the area. Hopefully, we will be lucky and miss them. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Ride safe and watch out for your friend. See ya there.

minst7877
06-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Bud and I will not be there next week our motel reservation is cancelled. Hope all who are have a great time and the rain holds off.

DC