PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Northeast US / Eastern Canada Rally: Bretton Woods Canopy Tour

tomm
01-28-2014, 02:03 PM
If you've had a chance to request and look through both the rally package and the ride package for the 2014 combined Northeast US / Eastern Canada Rally this coming August, then you already know that we have some great rides planned and that we are staying in an area with an abundance of things to do. If you haven't seen the packages yet, PM either CNC or Fish with your email address for a copy.

The two group rides are planned for Tuesday and Thursday, with Wednesday being a "do your own thing" day. For those that would like to explore New England a little bit more on Wednesday, there are six self-guided rides that are included in the ride package.

But for those that might like to try something a little different, I am looking to see how many might be interested in doing the Bretton Woods Canopy Tour. This is a 2-1/2 to 3 hour tour from the top of the Bretton Woods Ski Area to the Base, descending 1000 feet over 9 zip lines, 2 sky bridges (50 feet high) and 3 rappels (9 - 65 feet) . . . totally in the tree canopy. The longest zip lines are over 800 feet long, and over 160 feet off the ground, starting and ending on circular platforms built around the tree trunks of large hemlocks over 70 feet above the forest floor. The tours consist of two guides and up to eight participants. I've done it, and it is great fun.

Of course this is something that anyone can do on their own, but if there is enough interest, we can organize it as a group tour. This should allow us to receive a discount.

In order to discuss the possibilities with the Tour Center, I will need to know a rough number of people that might be interested in doing this. If you think you might, please post back to this thread.

Bretton Woods is located about 25 miles / 35 minutes northeast of the motel on route 302, a little east of Twin Mountain and across from the Mt. Washington Hotel.

Finally, I've added a link to the Canopy Tour Web Site if you want more information or to see a video of the tour.

http://brettonwoods.com/activities/canopy_tour/overview

Tom

trosco
01-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Tomm. something I would like to do but,,, I am still very "iffy" on making it so just keep me in the back of your mind.