PDA

View Full Version : Zion Nat'l Park late November

Calflan
11-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Hello all,
Can anyone advise what it's like in Zion Park Utah Thanksgiving weekend - weather wise? Looking to ride up from Tucson but not sure that is such a good idea.
Is snow common, roads usually OK last week of November? What temps can we expect, other issues?
Thanks

cactusjack
11-03-2013, 12:15 PM
I've never been there that time of year, but I would think snow isn't common in the lower elevations of the park, but towards the eastern side it could be. The south entrance is low but you gain a lot of elevation as you go toward the east entrance.

ponch
11-03-2013, 01:22 PM
I would think people are heading the other way this time of the year. Rocky Point and Baja. Mt Lemmon isn't far. Snow is something even I avoid. That said, look at the forecasts for that area. You'll get an idea what the temps will be like.

usranger74
11-03-2013, 06:11 PM
http://www.nps.gov/zion/contacts.htm

They have a email contact form. Shoot them a note and ask.

Calflan
11-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks all, any other insight very much appreciated. REALLY want to ride the scooter there for T-Giving, but the Mrs. nervous about temps, conditions, etc. I may cave and buy her all electric heat clothes.

Sin City Stan
11-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Just spent a long weekend there. Daytime 70s with morning uppers in the 30s. I imagine it will be a bit colder in a few weeks but not that much. Snow should not be a problem in the Valley.

Heck, we're going back over Christmas and the average temperature is 53 then. :D Enjoy the ride, it's a beautiful place. I might add you may want to check your route to Zion as it may be far worse than Zion itself.